KK - 3 or 4 new faces?

Willow

Me too. Intrigued to see what he'll do. As some have mentioned, I think a bid for SWP will be in the offing. Beyond that, I have no idea.

I'd love to see him go for Carrick, I doubt we'd get him but you never know, if he's home sick then we'd have a chance.  I've lived away 3 times and wanted to come back the day after I left, I wasn't earning £millions to soften the blow which is slightly different.

He's an excellent player, and worth trying for but I fear it will be in vain. Can't see ManU letting him go, and he was excellent by all accounts today.

Man u dont really have a good record of letting players go before they're done with. Only one i can think of is Stam. Would love him here, thought it was possible at one point but now im not so sure. Would love a player of his ilk though.

Personally I think we should be aiming to get in 6 or 7 at least...but he also says hes still assessing the situation too.

would of agreed a few weeks ago but i think the current system shows how some of our players can play. for example i thought barton was good against fulham and i am more impressed by owen now. midfield is no doubt the problem though and apart from that we possibly need to decide about players such as viduka, those who when fit are excellent with when fit being the key phrase.

the current system shows we should expect better from some of the present squad, but i dont think we'll be 4-3-3 next season.

Well then how can you attribute our rise from mid table to CL down to SBR, implying that Bellamy and Robert were only part of the jigsaw yet attribute the position we find ourselves in down to the quality of the squad. Theres a contradiction inthere somewhere, unfortunatley im not eloquent enough to articulate it!

At the end of the day, if you think that this squad at the beginning of the season only had the quality to achieve what it has achieved so far then you are, in my opinion, underestimating the actual quality of our squad. As are alot of people on this board, which i have already pointed out.

You think im undervaluaing the quality of the squad SBR era, well i think your undervaluaing the squad we have now. I just think that its too flimsy to say that Bellamy and Robert werent vital cogs to that team, at the end of the day, SBR achieved 11th position with the squad minus Robert and Ballamy, then went from 11th to 4th. With pretty much an identical squad to the previous season.

Because Bobby built a team to work around Shearer, he was always going to sign to players for them roles.  They were part of the jigsaw, Robert gave us quality down the left that Nobby offered down the right (which opend two flanks of attack rahter than 1) & Bellamy was the legs Shearer needed around him. We also signed a quality defender in Distin that season as well & we got fresh impetus into the midfield late in the season with the signing of JJ as well.

What I think at the start of the season & how it pans out in reality are two different things, the current league table supersedes my thoughts.

The team that Bobby had pre-Robert/Bellamy got 51 points, this lot will be lucky to get 40 & can only dream of finishing in 11th place.

Me too. Intrigued to see what he'll do. As some have mentioned, I think a bid for SWP will be in the offing. Beyond that, I have no idea.

I'd love to see him go for Carrick, I doubt we'd get him but you never know, if he's home sick then we'd have a chance.  I've lived away 3 times and wanted to come back the day after I left, I wasn't earning £millions to soften the blow which is slightly different.

He's an excellent player, and worth trying for but I fear it will be in vain. Can't see ManU letting him go, and he was excellent by all accounts today.

Man u dont really have a good record of letting players go before they're done with. Only one i can think of is Stam. Would love him here, thought it was possible at one point but now im not so sure. Would love a player of his ilk though.

I'd love to dig out the Carrick thread from a couple of years back in his W-ham days (i think) , just so I can be :smug: as I was one of few who rated him ;)

Guest teepee

i think 4 starters would do it

most importantly two new cm's - we dont have one player good enough for central midfield now

Would be handy getting someone who can play CM and on the wing.

Bentley would do nicely. I think we really need a top class centre-half too.