Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 4 Newcastle - 30/03/08 - post match reaction from page 25

James

Guest f***thepress

I like Martins, but you know he's scored 1 goal in our last 20 games?

Doesn't quite deserve the  :smitten:

agreed to a point....but what about his last 20 for us,as opposed to the clubs last 20 ?

He's got 5 in his last 20.

Owen has that in his last 8.

I love to see them both play, but I can't understand the Oba-love, and the Owen-hate.

How many starts has he had in those games as opposed to Owen?

I'm not getting at Oba,  I'd just like to see Owen get a bit of "Englands Number one" and that, but the fans give him nowt.

To answer your question, Owen's got 5 in his last 720 minutes, Oba's taken 1320 minutes to get that.

You havent answered my question - how many STARTS has he had as opposed to Owen?

I haven't got a f****** clue mate.  Why don't you tell me?

Doh , why'd you think i was asking the question if i already knew? So you admit you  havent got a f clue yet you feel you know enough to make a slight against Oba tsk tsk

Wow, never thought such praise would be showered upon us, in such an objective and honest report, too! Guess where it's from?

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/forums/thread/342108.aspx

(Hi everyone)

and yes I'm embarrassed! I haven't seen any report or official comment yet but fcuk me what a shower!

As soon as I saw that Bent/Berba/Keane were all starting along with no recognised left back, I thought this was either very brave or very stoopid.

I was in the South lower right next to the 'toon', and the embarassment comes from not only them outplaying us, but out-singing us. Those boys are fcuking mental. They just don't shut up..... Fair play to their them, their players and fans were up for it today. They were FIRST to every lose ball. WANTED it more than us and it showed.

Points of note. Diego Maradona's thread on O'Hara I absolutely agree with 100%. The boy just isn't ready yet, and he's out of his depth at this moment in time. (Been thinking it for a few weeks now). And I'm not anti O'hara, he's from my neck of the woods afterall. but he's not cutting it yet.

We played with NO width whatsoever. We didn't play to Bent strengths. No balls through the channels, Berba was too deep to be effective with Keane like he has been.

Question Ramos: If it aint broke (Keane/Berba) why fix it???????

No players come away with any credit today. Woodgate possibly, apart from that all the plaudits go to the fecking Toon

Obafemi Martins caused us problems all afternoon. Created absolute havoc for Dawson. I didnt realise how short he is, looks like a giant on the TV, so why Dawson feels the need to push him in the back when challenging for a header (which leads to a goal) is beyond me. We could do a lot worse than him if we're looking for a pacy forward....

Nicky Butt played with a assurance that only comes with 10 major honors in the game. We had no one to match him in the midfield. Come to think of it, weaint got no one to match him in our entire squad.

It's so fcuking typical of Spurs that we can put in a performance like the 5-1 and the 2-1 and then make Newcastle look like UEFA CL contenders...

I haven't seen such an inept performance since..... Newcastle in October funnily enough! If we don't watch out they could be our new Chelsea. What is it now? 6 wins in a row against us?

I expect some fcuking heads to roll from this zhit.

-- Merovingian (some lad from France)

Spot on.

agreed to a point....but what about his last 20 for us,as opposed to the clubs last 20 ?

I love to see them both play, but I can't understand the Oba-love, and the Owen-hate.

I'm not getting at Oba,  I'd just like to see Owen get a bit of "Englands Number one" and that, but the fans give him nowt.

To answer your question, Owen's got 5 in his last 720 minutes, Oba's taken 1320 minutes to get that.

You havent answered my question - how many STARTS has he had as opposed to Owen?

Doh , why'd you think i was asking the question if i already knew? So you admit you  havent got a f clue yet you feel you know enough to make a slight against Oba tsk tsk

I thought my point stood by virtue of the fact that Owen has recently scored the same as Martins has managed, but in almost half as many minutes played.

I'm struggling to understand why that doesn't matter on account of neither of us knowing how many games either of them has started in those periods.

The arguments seem mutually exclusive if you ask me.

Spurs are my lucky team!

Today is the second time I've put an insane bet on us beating Spurs, and the second time that I've won :lol:

How much?

If we'd won 2-1 and Martins had scored, something insane like £1400

Instead, it's only 60 quid :lol:

Guest f***thepress

I thought my point stood by virtue of the fact that Owen has recently scored the same as Martins has managed, but in almost half as many minutes played.

I'm struggling to understand why that doesn't matter on account of neither of us knowing how many games either of them has started in those periods.

The obvious difference is that Owens started more games , surely its easier to score goals if you start the game as opposed to coming on in a game most of which are / have already been lost?

The obvious difference is that Owens started more games , surely its easier to score goals if you start the game as opposed to coming on in a game most of which are / have already been lost?

I'm no Brian Clough, but I'd have thought it's easier to come off the bench fresh and run rings around players who've already been running about for an hour.

Oh, and....

Martins has played the full 90 7 times, played 1320 minutes and scored 5.

Owen has played the full 90 7 times, played 714 minutes and scored 5.

I should stay out but, I can't help myself. How many of Martins' starts was he actually playing up front?

I'm no Brian Clough, but I'd have thought it's easier to come off the bench fresh and run rings around players who've already been running about for an hour.

Except that you only have 30 minutes to do it in O0

Happy Face isn't very convincing as a WUM.  :razz:

Oh, and....

I should stay out but, I can't help myself. How many of Martins' starts was he actually playing up front?

Who am I? Motty?

How many has Owen been up front?

Guest f***thepress

Oh, and....

Exactly : )

BUT MARTINS HAS PLAYED TWICE AS MANY MINUTES AS OWEN.

Jesus wept..

Oh, and....

Who am I? Motty?

Every?

Oh, and....

Who am I? Motty?

Every?

Behind Oba though, right?

BUT MARTINS HAS PLAYED TWICE AS MANY MINUTES AS OWEN.

Jesus wept..

My answer was a direct response to your last post, as you well know.

Seriously mate, you're shite at this :lol:

Oh, and....

Who am I? Motty?

Every?

No?

Oba was unfortunately on the bench for those games (except in the past 3, which have coincidentally lead to 7 points).

Guest f***thepress

As i said before , surely theres a difference coming on with a few minutes left when were 4-0 down etc as opposed to being on at the start at 0 - 0 ...is it that difficult a concept to get your head around?

I just thought being on the pitch more provided more chances than being stood on the pitch before the whistle to start the game.  but if it doesn't they've started as many as each other.

:-X

I love Martins.  He's mint.  We've shit on Spurs.  :celb:

Oh, and....

Who am I? Motty?

Every?

No?

Oba was unfortunately on the bench for those games (except in the past 3, which have coincidentally lead to 7 points).

So not "every" then?

And Oba's been the further forward in the games we've been scoring... but hasn't scored as many as the man he's in front of.

Shite debate.  Just sing "Englands number one" next time Owen scores and I'll keep singing "Oba Oba-Fem".