Draws will get you relegated

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

Fulham have the highest number of draws in the premiership (12) so it is no coincidence they are about to be relegated. Compare that with Reading and Sunderaland who have drawed 5 and 6 respectively.

Both teams have lost more games than Fulham yet are 8/9 points clear.

I think there is definately a thought now, especially with managers down near the bottom that fortune will favour the brave. I think this has been more evident this year than ever.

I bet Derby wish they had some more draws...

He has a point though, even if it's a rather obvious one. Derby could have turned 12 defeats into draws and they'd still be cattled.

More a case of "not winning very often will get you relegated," I would have thought.

Losing will get you relegated. Something like that?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Liverpool have drawn 11.

I understand your point, but i think it is less important to the top teams because their win/loss ratio is far higher (probably 6-7:1)

I think any mid-bottom table team that draws more than 10 will be in seriuos trouble becaus ethey won't have the win % to make up their points

Liverpool have drawn 11.

I understand your point, but i think it is less important to the top teams because their win/loss ratio is far higher (probably 6-7:1)

I think any mid-bottom table team that draws more than 10 will be in seriuos trouble becaus ethey won't have the win % to make up their points

Doesn't that go against your initial premise though?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Liverpool have drawn 11.

I dont think it does because my point is that teams like Reading and Sunderland who havnt drawn many will be safe because they have a win loss ratio of 1:2, Fulhams is at 1:4 because of the amount of draws they have achieved.

You could end up in a situiation where you lose less than 10 games and still be relegated

w 4

d 25

l 9

points 37

Liverpool have drawn 11.

I dont think it does because my point is that teams like Reading and Sunderland who havnt drawn many will be safe because they have a win loss ratio of 1:2, Fulhams is at 1:4 because of the amount of draws they have achieved.

You could end up in a situiation where you lose less than 10 games and still be relegated

w 4

d 25

l 9

points 37

Not winning enough gets you relegated then.

What if everyone drew every game though, then what?

Goals scored I would assume ;)

All 0-0s. Then what?

Arsenal would win the league because of alphabetical order Big Grin

Reminds me of this:

http://www.rsssf.com/miscellaneous/even.html

Harsh being relegated with the same amount of points as the team that finnished 7th :lol:

Two points off second place :lol: