Senderos Vs Taylor

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arsenal: Gallas, Toure

A.Villa: Mellberg, Laursen

B.Ham: Taylor, Ridgewell

B.Burn: Samba, Nelsen

Bolton: O'Brien, Cahill

Chelsea: Carvalho, Terry

Derby: Stubbs, Todd

Everton: Yobo Lescott

Fulham: Bocanegra Hughes

Liverpool: Agger, Carragher

Man City: Dunne, Richards,

Man Utd: Ferdinand, Vidic

Boro: Wheater, Huth

Portsmouth: Campbell, Distin

Reading: Sonko, Bikey

Sunderland: Nosworthy, Evans

Tottenham: King, Woodgate

W.Ham: Ferdinand, Upson

Wigan: Scharner, Bramble

So how many of these centre back partnerships is Taylor good enough to get into?

About the same amount as Faye.

The thing about Faye is he is at least a big strong physical b******, so he could handle the tougher centre forwards. Taylor quite often gets out-muscled, is average in the air, and his anticipation is s**** as was witnessed during his 360 degree turn when Ronaldo ran right past him in a straight line.

He can do a job in the same way Aaron Hughes used to, that's about it.

Faye is not  a world beater, nor is Taylor but they are our best centre half's. I am sure Faye has made errors over the season & maybe the odd one against Man Utd (H) game. All of our defenders have been shit in general over the course of the season, you dont concede that many if everyone was world class would you.

How can you call Roz and Cacapa s***? When Taylor hasnt done any better?? Seems a bit contradictory to me.

The current manager  loaned Roz out of a squad he says is short on numbers, I think that tells its own story about his ability & attitude, he dropped Cacapa. So Taylor being at Newcastle & getting picked is what I would go off at this moment.

So back to the thread question then....Senderos vs Taylor?

As I belive Senderos woud not improve our defence I would stick with Taylor.

So Roz and Cacapa are shit and to back that up they have been 'found out' by the manager who obviously thinks they havent enough ability, yet you'd rather have Taylor over Senderos even though Senderos has played at all levels and has been picked to play the CL QF by a world class manager.

Taylor is the bestout of a bad bunch, but that shouldnt count in his favour when assessing his ability.

So Roz and Cacapa are s*** and to back that up they have been 'found out' by the manager who obviously thinks they havent enough ability, yet you'd rather have Taylor over Senderos even though Senderos has played at all levels and has been picked to play the CL QF by a world class manager.

Taylor is the bestout of a bad bunch, but that shouldnt count in his favour when assessing his ability.

He is a squad player at Arsenal everyone knows that Toure & Gallas are the regular centre backs. Do you think Senderos would be  a improvement on Taylor or Faye? I belive he would add depth but he is not better than either of them two on current form.

For the record, Senderos was at one point regarded as one of the best young centre backs in Europe (pre-Arsenal) but his progress has slowed down dramatically.

I am really not that bothered about Roz or Cacapa as hopefully they are yesterdays news.

Well, I could ask you what attributes Lampard has that makes him one of the best midfielders in the world, because I just think he's a one paced fat arse with a good shot.

Ameobi got a lot of support from here and other message boards, and in the press, which he didn't ever earn.

I've said what I think of Taylor , he's a stopper not a footballing centre half. Sure he needs to improve his positioning for instance, but playing alongside a top player in a better side will bring him on a lot.

You still not going to answer then?

Do you think Faye is the player to bring him on NE5, given that you don't want us to sign any defenders?

everybody needs better players, to suggest otherwise is very foolish Dave.

We need forward players/striker(s) much more.

Just like last year, in fact.

Nowt like last year at all in fact, but never mind. :thup:

last year, signing forwards would have made a bigger difference. This is completely proven by the fact he has brought in 3 of our current first choice back four, yet haven't done any better, in fact have been altogether more worried about going down than we have done ever since the old board took over the club and we were promoted to the premiership.

Quality forwards cost the most money though.

And without bringing those three in your man Taylor would be playing at the back on his own. We spent money on forward-thinking players, but unfortunately they were shit.

The good news for next season is that the defenders are now in place, so we can spend as you say on quality attacking players.

Been through this before though, so I'll leave it there.

And without bringing those three in your man Taylor would be playing at the back on his own. We spent money on forward-thinking players, but unfortunately they were shit.

The good news for next season is that the defenders are now in place, so we can spend as you say on quality attacking players.

Been through this before though, so I'll leave it there.

I think I can confidently say that if we had replaced Bellamy, Shearer, Solano and Robert adequately, we would have been a lot higher in the league, even with last seasons back four.

Would cost a lot of money. Unless we wait 5 years for all the brand new Gazza's and Beardsley's to emerge, which is a cast iron guarantee because Chris Mort or somebody says so.

Most of last season's back four left the club on frees, but I agree generally. There were a multitude of reasons (and people to blame ;)) why we didn't adequately replace that lot though tbf.

Would cost a lot of money. Unless we wait 5 years for all the brand new Gazza's and Beardsley's to emerge, which is a cast iron guarantee because Chris Mort or somebody says so.

Obsessed.

Obsessed.

very concerned when I hear clueless comments coming out of the club is how I see it

Obsessed.

very concerned when I hear clueless comments coming out of the club is how I see it

Not trawling through all of this, but when did Mort say that bit in bold?

Obsessed.

didn't he say last November that any new players in January would be for the future ?

Either they think they will be the best [on the cheap] or they don't have the savvy to realise that it is now that counts, especially considering the position we were in and the way we were playing. Of course, if they dont' intend to challenge for the top spots, other than doing it on the cheap, then you have your answer, which is not what you want to hear. It won't work. 

Obsessed.

You see it as Mort and Ashley only want to sign youngsters? Full stop. Thats it. Nothing more nothing less?

:-X

Obsessed.

didn't he say last November that any new players in January would be for the future ?

Either they think they will be the best [on the cheap] or they don't have the savvy to realise that it is now that counts, especially considering the position we were in and the way we were playing. Of course, if they dont' intend to challenge for the top spots, other than doing it on the cheap, then you have your answer, which is not what you want to hear. It won't work. 

Oh so he didn't say that. Cheers for clearing that up

Obsessed.

I don't have the direct quote and I'm not going to look for it. Ask yourself a question. If you don't think a player will be a top class player, why bother bringing him to the club, unless you don't set your sights that high ?

Put it together with the current position of the first team and it isn't rocket science. A;though it appears that it is to some people.

Obsessed.

You see it as Mort and Ashley only want to sign youngsters? Full stop. Thats it. Nothing more nothing less?

well, when it happens to be what he said, what do YOU think  mackems.gif

Obsessed.

well, when it happens to be what he said, what do YOU think  mackems.gif

Too easy.

Obsessed.

I don't have the direct quote and I'm not going to look for it. Ask yourself a question. If you don't think a player will be a top class player, why bother bringing him to the club, unless you don't set your sights that high ?

Put it together with the current position of the first team and it isn't rocket science. A;though it appears that it is to some people.

He still didn't say the bit in bold ;)

Obsessed.

nice to see you are happy that the club was struggling, and the chairman indicated he was happy to sign any old crappy 17 year old kids

Obsessed.

nice to see you are happy that the club was struggling, and the chairman indicated he was happy to sign any old crappy 17 year old kids

Equally I didn't say the second bit in bold either :)

Nice to see you've given any of the 17 year old kids a chance as well

Obsessed.

Equally I didn't say the second bit in bold either :)

Nice to see you've given any of the 17 year old kids a chance as well

the 17 year old kids are completely irrelevant to the current necessity of the first team. If this was the way to success, ManU and Chelsea wouldn't be spending the money they do.

Like I said, its not rocket science