Who has the most potential from these youngsters? - Poll Reset

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest LucaAltieri

Right its pretty obvious no real debate will happen in this thread until Walcott is out, so he is gone.

Should anyone else be added to the poll?

Stick to your guns.

Walcott has got as much chance as the other two, really. All young, playing for big clubs. Pato is arguably more experienced but he's quite clearly a tit (stupid heart celebration). Walcott is English therefore could never be as good as a Brazilian teenager, right? It's all rubbish.

Bojan reminds me of a young Michael Owen when he makes those runs of his' in the box. And I think that's a really good thing btw.

Pato's quite selfish from what I've seen so if he cannot become more of a team player I don't think he'll fulfill his potential, whilst Bojan will become a world-class striker because of his attitude and of course his top-notch movement and finishing.

I watched Milan vs Empoli (i think) and Pato has an absolute mare, scored the goal but the commentators lambasted him for not passing. Rightly so imo, just tried to dribble past everyone.

You should reset the poll of you add someone new tbf.

Well tbh i would have thought people would have stated who they thought had more potential rather than vote like you did. Even so, can you not change your vote?

Aguero's got 12 goals in La Liga this season and has been heavily involved in Atletico's play so far. It's taken him time to settle in (according to him his best match was only a couple of weeks ago against Barca) but he's on fire now. Will be a great player as well.

Well tbh i would have thought people would have stated who they thought had more potential rather than vote like you did. Even so, can you not change your vote?

Do you want the poll to be reset? :)

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

Right its pretty obvious no real debate will happen in this thread until Walcott is out, so he is gone.

Stick to your guns.

Walcott has got as much chance as the other two, really. All young, playing for big clubs. Pato is arguably more experienced but he's quite clearly a tit (stupid heart celebration). Walcott is English therefore could never be as good as a Brazilian teenager, right? It's all rubbish.

It could be due to the fact that Pato has scored 7 in 14 for AC and has already become an important member of the squad, Bojan 10 in 38 games (most as a sub) and Walcott an amazing 6 in 66 for Arsenal.

People won't because they don't care that much.

The most interesting thing is that they're all really different types of players. Aguero's quick, but he's by no means a 'clinical' striker in the way that Bojan is. He likes to get more involved in the overall game and contributes more whereas Pato might have the finishing and dribbling ability but lacks the general awareness that someone like Bojan has. But of course, Bojan himself, like I said, seems to have a game which is quite similar to that of a young Michael Owen so he's always on the last defender but not heavily involved in the build up.

Guest LucaAltieri

Stick to your guns.

It could be due to the fact that Pato has scored 7 in 14 for AC and has already become an important member of the squad, Bojan 10 in 38 games (most as a sub) and Walcott an amazing 6 in 66 for Arsenal.

A spurs fan that doesn't like Walcott. There's a surprise. Remember you're still talking about a 19 year old winger there, Statto.

Different types of players.

Walcott = pace and dribbling, attacking mid/winger.

Bojan = Zola-esque forward.

Pato = out-n-out striker.

Of the three, I think Pato will be the most successful, mainly because of his environment and the way Milan will blood him in. Milan have shown themselves to be an excellent club in recent times when it comes to sticking by their talented/proven/experienced players, and with Pato already having established himself as the main striker at the club, they'll stick by him through thick and thin whilst building around him. He'll be a natural Shevchenko replacement in a few years time imo, in fact he already looks the part in the sense that he does have similar attributes and a similar style.

I still think Walcott has a future as a striker but obviously not while Arsenal continue to play with the formation they do atm.

Maybe he'll have to move sooner rather than later but that run yesterday showed he's got something really special in him.

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

Stick to your guns.

A spurs fan that doesn't like Walcott. There's a surprise. Remember you're still talking about a 19 year old winger there, Statto.

Mate, I will give credit where its due, even for Arsenal. I think Flamini is generally quite under-rated. Sagna is already one of the best rbs in the prem. Clichy is similarly very good. For a period this season, Hleb was the best AMC in Europe (imo of course).

I personally think walcott will end up being a very good player. Yes, Walcott is a 19 year old winger. But Bojan is a 17 year old striker and Pato is an 18 year old striker, one who came with a huge price tag and  who already has half on Milan's hopes on his shoulders. Let's not be silly here, the other two, despite being younger are far better than Walcott.

Guest LucaAltieri

Stick to your guns.

Mate, I will give credit where its due, even for Arsenal. I think Flamini is generally quite under-rated. Sagna is already one of the best rbs in the prem. Clichy is similarly very good. For a period this season, Hleb was the best AMC in Europe (imo of course).

I personally think walcott will end up being a very good player. Yes, Walcott is a 19 year old winger. But Bojan is a 17 year old striker and Pato is an 18 year old striker, one who came with a huge price tag and  who already has half on Milan's hopes on his shoulders. Let's not be silly here, the other two, despite being younger are far better than Walcott.

Because you say so?

Why are they better? What makes you think that? "Because they are" won't cut it. As I mentioned, it's difficult to compare them objectively for several reasons. Pato has had more of a run and Walcott plays out wide as much as he does up front.

Personally I reckon Walcott will turn to be a very good player on even the biggest stage. He's got great pace and intelligence as it is. Do you see a reason why he won't get better with experience? If he bulks up (like Joe Cole did around his age) he's going to be even more formidable.

Conversely Pato seems an immature fuck despite his obvious talent. There is also massive hype around Pato. He’s a Brazilian kid playing for Milan. The comparisons and pressure are huge.

Walcott seems much more grounded and everyone around him (Wenger, and Sven when England manager) seem keen to take it all slowly-slowly. In my opinion a much healthier approach to young talent.

Who turns out better in the long run, we’ll have to wait and see. But does Walcott deserve to be mentioned amongst the most talented youngsters in Europe? Without question.

Walcott also had a good run and nice piece of skill against Milan to win the game for Arsenal. two big moments in two huges matches against, in the past few years, the two toughest european sides.

he'll be a very good player but i think these examples show why he might need to leave Arsenal to fulfil his potential. he needs to play with more freedom to pick the ball up and dribble into space, that is what he is good at. the way arsenal play is all about short, sharp intricate passing in congested areas around the box, playing this way Walcott gets no chance to do what he is best at. he'd be better advised playing for a team that attacks on the counter or makes better use of wide players - Man Utd for instance (just scored a good goal exemplying both these things as i type). he hasn't started to fulfil the potential he showed at southampton and with england under-21s, scoring some excellent goals and some amazing runs, the only times he does is when he is subbed on and the game is stretched.

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

Stick to your guns.

Because you say so?

Why are they better? What makes you think that? "Because they are" won't cut it. As I mentioned, it's difficult to compare them objectively for several reasons. Pato has had more of a run and Walcott plays out wide as much as he does up front.

Personally I reckon Walcott will turn to be a very good player on even the biggest stage. He's got great pace and intelligence as it is. Do you see a reason why he won't get better with experience? If he bulks up (like Joe Cole did around his age) he's going to be even more formidable.

Conversely Pato seems an immature f*** despite his obvious talent. There is also massive hype around Pato. He’s a Brazilian kid playing for Milan. The comparisons and pressure are huge.

Walcott seems much more grounded and everyone around him (Wenger, and Sven when England manager) seem keen to take it all slowly-slowly. In my opinion a much healthier approach to young talent.

Who turns out better in the long run, we’ll have to wait and see. But does Walcott deserve to be mentioned amongst the most talented youngsters in Europe? Without question.

I'm not arrogant enough to believe that my opinion is the be all and end all. All I can do is use all the resources I have, the times I have seen each one play, the Arsenal fans I know that go to the emirates and what other fans think of him. This poll showed that Newcastle fans believe the Pato to be better. Walcott was crap against us in the cc, both this year and last. Everytime I have seen him play, he has been truly shocking. Maybe I just catch him on his bad days but its unlikely. These Arsenal fans I know have all been calling for him to be loaned out for months. Even yesterday, apart from the amazing run, he didn't do that much.

Walcott playing out wide has nothing to do with it. Yes, he wont get as many goals but it should mean, if he was that good, he would use his apparent 'footballing intelligence' and extreme pace to rip apart the full back he comes on against. Yet, he often doesn't. Compare this to Lennon, who tore apart full-backs on his debut season and on his day, still does. So why doesn't Walcott light up the pitch on the wing then?

Wenger, a footballing genius you could say, would rather play a rb than Walcott on the wing. Would rather go 4-5-1 than accomodate Walcott. Does that tell you something? Does the fact the Arsenal fans who actually watch something other than highlight reels want him loaned out tell you something?

I'm not saying that Walcott won't be a great player. No-one could possibly know for certain. Nor am I saying that the other two don't have their faults cos they definantly do. But they are still ahead of Walcott and all the Arsenal fans I know would agree. In fact, almost all of them would rather have Lennon and he is only 1 year older.

Walcott also had a good run and nice piece of skill against Milan to win the game for Arsenal. two big moments in two huges matches against, in the past few years, the two toughest european sides.

he'll be a very good player but i think these examples show why he might need to leave Arsenal to fulfil his potential. he needs to play with more freedom to pick the ball up and dribble into space, that is what he is good at. the way arsenal play is all about short, sharp intricate passing in congested areas around the box, playing this way Walcott gets no chance to do what he is best at. he'd be better advised playing for a team that attacks on the counter or makes better use of wide players - Man Utd for instance (just scored a good goal exemplying both these things as i type). he hasn't started to fulfil the potential he showed at southampton and with england under-21s, scoring some excellent goals and some amazing runs, the only times he does is when he is subbed on and the game is stretched.

I actually think forcing him to learn the Arsenal way of playing will benefit him much more in the long run than just letting him roam free in another team in the Premiership. Making him learn how to pass and move, improve his first touch (which I've noticed has gotten better), improve his general teamplay and also learning to play another position will help him in the future imo. The least it'll do is protect him from ending up as a one-dimensional player who'll be found out at European and international level, which I think he really started off as and is currently still reverting to at times.

I think he has a big future and Wenger knows what he's doing. He's still only 18 btw so he's got a lot of years to develop his game and fulfill the massive potential that he undoubtedly has.

Edit: Just imagine he is able, in time, to master the one/two touch game that Arsenal use, and then is able to improve his finishing - he'll be fucking awesome. He already has most of the basics down but now he needs to improve his football IQ to become a real star.

I actually think forcing him to learn the Arsenal way of playing will benefit him much more in the long run than just letting him roam free in another team in the Premiership. Making him learn how to pass and move, improve his first touch (which I've noticed has gotten better), improve his general teamplay and also learning to play another position will help him in the future imo. The least it'll do is protect him from ending up as a one-dimensional player who'll be found out at European and international level, which I think he really started off as and is currently still reverting to at times.

I think he has a big future and Wenger knows what he's doing. He's still only 18 btw so he's got a lot of years to develop his game and fulfill the massive potential that he undoubtedly has.

Edit: Just imagine he is able, in time, to master the one/two touch game that Arsenal use, and then is able to improve his finishing - he'll be fucking awesome. He already has most of the basics down but now he needs to improve his football IQ to become a real star.

that is a very good point but the point still stands that, sooner or later, he is going to need to play in a team that utilises his strengths more. it might be good long-term to improve his first touch, close control and movement but he also needs to hone his dribbling ability and the way he exploits space. i'd suggest he'd do both at a club like Man Utd but at Arsenal the latter might be neglected and he might never have the technical prowess to master the former, leaving him a bit unbalanced as a player. still remains to be seen what Wenger's Arsenal will look like in, say, 4 years time, as he keeps on adapting the team. for instance, i reckon Walcott would've thrived in the Overmars, Anelka, Wright etc side which was all about searing pace on the counter.

that is a very good point but the point still stands that, sooner or later, he is going to need to play in a team that utilises his strengths more. it might be good long-term to improve his first touch, close control and movement but he also needs to hone his dribbling ability and the way he exploits space. i'd suggest he'd do both at a club like Man Utd but at Arsenal the latter might be neglected and he might never have the technical prowess to master the former, leaving him a bit unbalanced as a player. still remains to be seen what Wenger's Arsenal will look like in, say, 4 years time, as he keeps on adapting the team. for instance, i reckon Walcott would've thrived in the Overmars, Anelka, Wright etc side which was all about searing pace on the counter.

Touche. I do hope he ends up as an awesome player because he genuinely seems like a nice lad and hasn't been distracted by the hype/money.