Player of the Season

La Parka
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Spark

Butt player of the season? Despite being unable to pass a ball more than 5 yards? f***ing joke. How did he "run away with the vote"? Was Beye even included in the poll? I'm really annoyed by this for some reason. Makes me wonder what game some people must be watching.

Someone has to ask.  WTF are you talking about?

I meant that the only reason I can imagine him not winning player of the season is that he was somehow missing from the poll. He was head and shoulders above everyone else.

After watching Beye for years, I honestly think that this season coming could be one of the best of his career.

There were some performances last season were he was showing the ability that made him Marseille captain. He is still incredibly fit and now he understands the nature of the league I stand by the belief that next season he really could be one of the best right-backs in the league.

I always considered 'True Faith' to be alright, but for them to have voted Butt the player of the season is total madness.

Another thing that has annoyed me is that almost across the board Beye was voted our player of the season (including on the official site) but was there ever actually any confirmation that Beye was told this? Was he presented with an award or something? Or did they just give it to Michael Owen behind closed doors to pretend we love him the most and he'll sign a new contract?

Butt is a hard-working player, but for most of last season he was a liability, especially when in possession of the ball. Also from almost every interview I ever see of him he's a grumpy bastard - fingers crossed this is just his media face and he's actually a nice bloke who passes on invaluable nuggets to the youngsters.

After watching Beye for years, I honestly think that this season coming could be one of the best of his career.

There were some performances last season were he was showing the ability that made him Marseille captain. He is still incredibly fit and now he understands the nature of the league I stand by the belief that next season he really could be one of the best right-backs in the league.

I think he is one of the best in the league tbh. We don't have many 'best in the leagues', and haven't done for a few years (other than Given), but i genuinely think he wouldn't look out of place in a top 4 side. Better than Wes Brown, better than Finnan, probably on par with the likes of Sagna aswell, though i reckon he could turn out quality.

Beye's an excellent right-back. Makes me smile to have him in our squad.

That poll is insane btw; has there ever been a more one-sided vote (given the numbers)? Quality.

I always considered 'True Faith' to be alright, but for them to have voted Butt the player of the season is total madness.

I think it was a public vote, making it all the more bizarre in a way. What were folk watching?

I think it was a public vote, making it all the more bizarre in a way. What were folk watching?

a workman like performance mate. Talked to a couple of stewards today, both convinced that Milner is a great player, madness