Newcastle United 2 - 0 Mackems - 20/04/08 - Post match reaction from page 13

James

They can say what they like, but i wouldn't swap places with them.

Whatever their fans do this summer, Sundays defeat will be nagging them in the back of their minds.

Another day it may be our turn to lose a derby, but the way i look at it is that for every one we lose we'll win about 4. I mean should, heaven forbid they beat us next season, that will have taken them 9 years. Beat us at home and they'll have waited 29 years to do so.

They'll simply always be in the shadows.

I think someone has poisoned the waters of the wear, these people are truely fucking stupid

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=323323

It makes laugh. They couldn't even mention the match they were that atrocious.

What makes me laugh is the writer of the article most likely does most of his shopping and attends gigs in the 'Evil wastelands' because there is fuck all in 'God's country'.

Lawro's predictions

Sunderland v Middlesbrough   

I thought Sunderland came back at Newcastle in the second half of their defeat last week - they created a couple of chances and showed spirit. However, it's clear they will need to bring in players for next season if they avoid the drop.

Certainly, they need a proven goal scorer to play alongside Kenwyne Jones, who is very effective but could do with some help.

Middlesbrough got a bit worn down after a fast start at Bolton last time out and I feel they may suffer a similar fate here.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7356100.stm

Guest JamesD

Whats your point? They definitely played better in the second half relative to their first half performance.

Whats your point? They definitely played better in the second half relative to their first half performance.

Er, I don't remember them creating many chances, they never threatened to get back into the game, & thats about the worst spirit I've seen from them in a derby game.

Guest JamesD

Eh, from what I remember they played better in the 2nd half. Not saying they were good or anything, but certainly a lot better than the first half. Thats all i'm saying, and thats all that prediction noted.