how big would st james be if........

cp40

I suspect that those involved with stand redevelopment would want to create their own design rather than imitate what is already there.

why do they do that,

isnt anfield like that, it all looks a bit odd

Guest float one in

Never seen that picture before; that would be amazing, best ground in the league by a mile...

It certainly would look amazing but it will simply never happen.

I know, sadly not...

people used to say keegan would never come back

Who is going to plant a bomb in Leazes Terrace?

is there enough members on here to storm it

I'm probably going to be doing a PhD in Newcastle next year (starting September) so I could apply to live there and then I could be the mole on the inside?

:lol: What's your PhD on?

I suspect that those involved with stand redevelopment would want to create their own design rather than imitate what is already there.

No disrespect but that would look gash if any different.  I would not be suprised if the designs done back then do not already account for that change as well (for the future of course).

If the whole ground was done, like in that picture...

Erm... well, the extension of the Leazes and the Milburn was 16,000 seats... so lets say 18,000 more (Gallowgate bigger than Leazes), 70,000.

Hell yes.

How dreary would that be when we're playing Port Vale in the Carling Cup? :lol:

Christ, imagine that though. 70,000 fans at home to the Mackems. It would all be compact aswell, not open like it is now. Imagine the noise. Fucking hell.

Guest Knightrider

Plans are in place to raise the Gallowgate to L7 which to his credit, FS oversaw and those plans are still on the table. Whether it ever happens depends on how well we're doing. If we reach the heights we did the last time under KK, someone may have to get the matches out for Leazes Terrace... the demand would be that high.

Erm... well, the extension of the Leazes and the Milburn was 16,000 seats... so lets say 18,000 more (Gallowgate bigger than Leazes), 70,000.

Hell yes.

Christ, imagine that though. 70,000 fans at home to the Mackems. It would all be compact aswell, not open like it is now. Imagine the noise. f****** hell.

then 60 odd thousand geordies could all laff at sunderland together, it would be the biggest laff in history

We've never been able to get rights to flatten them university buildings behind the East Stand have we? Or something like that...

Leazes Terrace, it's a listed building, Grade I.

Guest Knightrider

I reckon the max would be 69,00 based on current seat numbers for the Leazes and Milburn, so another 16,000 seats. I'm sure we could somewhere squeeze and extra few thousand though, the legroom inside SJP is especially generous and of course, if they brought back standing.

Hell yes.

Christ, imagine that though. 70,000 fans at home to the Mackems. It would all be compact aswell, not open like it is now. Imagine the noise. f****** hell.

then 60 odd thousand geordies could all laff at sunderland together, it would be the biggest laff in history

in fact , if we all laff loud enough at sunderland, could we make leazes terrace fall down like that story in the bible ... Jerico?

We've never been able to get rights to flatten them university buildings behind the East Stand have we? Or something like that...

And quite right too. I like Leazes Terrace.

And quite right too. I like Leazes Terrace.

Certainly, brilliant building.

I'm pretty sure that all away around it would be kicking on 80,000.

Either way, to have the stadium "complete" as it were would be absolutely brilliant.

If we do well under KK, i could see mike investing in such a project TBH. Not only that but i don't think it would be particularly expensive to do.

Either way, to have the stadium "complete" as it were would be absolutely brilliant.

If we do well under KK, i could see mike investing in such a project TBH. Not only that but i don't think it would be particularly expensive to do.

i like your positivity

i like your positivity

Wey think about it 80m or so and we could have nearly 70+k seats, worthwhile investment if we could fill it. However, the only way we would fill it is if we are playing good stuff and in europe etc.

To go all the way round it would cost an absurd amount of money, to incorporate Leazes Terrace into a new huge East Stand would be possible but difficult, the other option would be to have the stand free standing, could be done but would be very very expensive and finding enough concourse/access space would be a huge problem. Then you have the issue of planning permission.

I can see the Gallowgate getting done in the future if things go well on the pitch but we'll never see it go to level 7 all the way round.

i like your positivity

Wey think about it 80m or so and we could have nearly 70+k seats, worthwhile investment if we could fill it. However, the only way we would fill it is if we are playing good stuff and in europe etc.

in kks mind, not getting in europe wont even be an option

To go all the way round it would cost an absurd amount of money, to incorporate Leazes Terrace into a new huge East Stand would be possible but difficult, the other option would be to have the stand free standing, could be done but would be very very expensive and finding enough concourse/access space would be a huge problem. Then you have the issue of planning permission.

I can see the Gallowgate getting done in the future if things go well on the pitch but we'll never see it go to level 7 all the way round.

How many more would we get with the gallowgate done?

How many more would we get with the gallowgate done?

Between 6k and 7k at a guess.