Being a feeder club

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Last club that sent us one of their promising youngsters were Manu last season and i don't really remember them being happy about it :D

Was nothing wrong with Rossi, just us underusing him. He's been excellent in La Liga this year.

To be  fair anyone can be "excellent" in the La-Liga..even players like Forlan  and Kanoute are legends there..

Guest optimistic nit

Last club that sent us one of their promising youngsters were Manu last season and i don't really remember them being happy about it :D

Was nothing wrong with Rossi, just us underusing him. He's been excellent in La Liga this year.

To be  fair anyone can be "excellent" in the La-Liga..even players like Forlan  and Kanoute are legends there..

aye, since henry moved to barca he's been averaging around 4 a game  :rolleyes:

aye, since henry moved to barca he's been averaging around 4 a game :roll:

Henry's fucking crocked..got a serious back injurey and Barca can't even get him to play back to back games..

Love the way you're speaking of La Liga like it's the SPL or something. :lol:

Henry's f****** crocked..got a serious back injurey and Barca can't even get him to play back to back games..

Ok then, Eidur Gudjohnsen.

Not really better than the EPL is it ???

Henry's f****** crocked..got a serious back injurey and Barca can't even get him to play back to back games..

Ok then, Eidur Gudjohnsen.

One player dosn't really prove a thing..look at how many Spanish players failed here..clearly its better for players to go there then to come from there.

Edit: and he was shit before he went there..

I'd say it's on par just about. Teams like Barcelona, R.Madrid, Valencia, Sevilla At. Madrid, Espanyol etc. would do very well in the EPL.

Plus I think that beyond the top teams, La Liga contains more quality throughout generally. When you look past about 15th in the Premiership, there's a lot of crap.

I'd say it's on par just about. Teams like Barcelona, R.Madrid, Valencia, Sevilla At. Madrid, Espanyol etc. would do very well in the EPL.

Plus I think that beyond the top teams, La Liga contains more quality throughout generally. When you look past about 15th in the Premiership, there's a lot of crap.

Dont be silly. Once you get past the top 5 or 6 teams in La Liga they're all very much Championship standard.

Guest Geordiecunny

How would you ever be able to put a team together capable of getting into europe or winning a trophy if you had to give away any decent players?

Dont be silly. Once you get past the top 5 or 6 teams in La Liga they're all very much Championship standard.

Saying that nearly three quarters of the league is Championship standard is well harsh. I think it's a tighter league throughout, with more general quality in the lower half whereas the EPL has about 3-5 teams scrapping for relegation each year and generally being used for bigger clubs to pick up easy points.

Don't get me wrong, I do love the EPL but it gets tedious after a while with people generally being able to predict where teams will end up, give or take the odd surprise like Reading last season or Man City this season. At least with La Liga there are a few more teams that could have a go. Last seasons title race was between 3 top quality teams that nearly went to the very last match.

8 people would accept us being a feeder club.    :idiot2:

11 now, there are 11 people out there who think that a club with a billionaire owner and 52k fans every week should attempt to challenge for 'relative honours ' by employing youth which isnt good enough for the fisrt team in spain but would come here and be good enough to help us achive our sky high ambitions, whilst having our best players at the mercy of another club.

Am i missing something?

Stupid to even contemplate becoming a feeder club tbh.

I know it sounds ridiculous at the moment but we all want to see our club progress to a stage where we are on a par with the likes of Man U Barca, Real etc etc... and becoming a feeder club would never allow this.

If this is not our ambition however far fetched it may seem, we might aswell pack it all in right now and go the f*** home.

i think the Rossi example is a good case of showing why we really shouldn't be a feeder club. a clearly talented youngster comes to us, but isn't what we need and looks fucking awful when he plays for us, but it contributes to his learning curve, enabling his real club to get him back a stronger player. benefits us not one jot but strengthens the hand of the loaning club. moral of the story, we get raw youngsters who come here to iron out their faults at our cost, and the parent club gets all the benefit. shit idea, it would damage our prospects of improving beyond a certain point. we're not a finishing school for teenagers ffs.

Would people on here be agreeable to the idea of the following deal with the likes of Real Madrid or Barcelona?:

We get 1 or 2 of their U23's on a season long loan. The club gives us a shortlist of players available, and we take our pick.

We can swap the players in January if they flop.

We have to have the players in our 18-man squad when fit.

We get first option on all of their U23's if any come up for sale.

They get £1m a season.

They get first option on all of our players.

Absolutely NOT...NUFC should not be  a 'Feeder' club for ANYBODY, and it shows a real lack of ambition even to suggest such a thing...would you have said this in 1996..!??