New purple away kit (out 24th July) - see OP

Incognito

• 4 weeks later...

How is the number and lettering supposed to be on the back? Just got mine in the mail today and I thought it was going to be like on the home shirt, plain and plastic-ish or how you would like to describe it, but my #18 Jonas is more "padded" like the Newcastle Brown Ale logo used to be. Ordered the shirt on the nufc.com site instead of the official club shop due to shorter shipping if that makes any difference?

Edit: Just compared it to the home shirt which I bought from .co.uk last year and the numbering and lettering is a bit bigger on the away shirt, which is the older lettering font. But here's something strange, they changed the design of the lion at the same time but on my new away shirt I've got the new lion, even though the rest of the lettering seems to be out of date. I'm a little bit lost here...

There is a note on the official nufc.co.uk website reading

* Due to Premier League re-branding the name and number printed on your shirt will be the new Premier League name and number.

So I imagine it has just changed for this year son. No worries. (p.s. that note is on the 3rd kit, dunno bout 2nd)

There is a note on the official nufc.co.uk website reading

* Due to Premier League re-branding the name and number printed on your shirt will be the new Premier League name and number.

So I imagine it has just changed for this year son. No worries. (p.s. that note is on the 3rd kit, dunno bout 2nd)

So they've changed it for the second year in a row then? Don't really want to walk around in a semi-fake shirt...