Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest kingdawson

If Shay comes off i'm putting about £25 on Arsenal win the league cause a new CB will come in.

Wow, this is exciting i hope it's true.

Damn you're delusional.

Guest Geordiesned

Seemingly Bellamy has just been training with Cardiff which suits Man City. Fulham, Celtic and the Mackems all still keen on signing him.

If Shay comes off i'm putting about £25 on Arsenal win the league cause a new CB will come in.

Damn you're delusional.

Almost as bad as Harry.

Guest Heneage

Even after today's game? A goalkeeper was not the only problem.

Bellamy banned from Man City's training ground for being a disruptive influence according to tomorrow's Guardian.

It wasn't him, he wouldnt, he helps little black kids in Africa  :crazy2:

We were without our 3 most important players, once they are back  :aww:

Damn you're delusional.

No, i'm FabregAsh

Guest Heneage

We were without our 3 most important players, once they are back  :aww:

Fabregas is one obviously, I'm assuming VP is one? How do you fit RVP in your system if you play Chamakh? I really think you need a midfielder with some fight and that can impose himself on the game. It's too much for just Fabregas.

Song is more valuable than Van Persie to the squad perhaps now we have Chamakh because we have good cover for Van Persie now, we have nobody else like Song and he's vital to the team.

I'd like to fit them both in but that would mean putting Van Persie on the wing and it'd be a waste.

Guest Heneage

So who do you see as your strongest XI? Watching you today, you really need an upgrade in midfield, no one has a really penetrating through ball.

So who do you see as your strongest XI? Watching you today, you really need an upgrade in midfield, no one has a really penetrating through ball.

Well, we have him don't we. Just not fit.

Chesney

Eboue-Koscielny-Vermaelen-Clichy

Diaby-Song

Nasri-Fabregas-Arshavin

RvP

Walcott-Wilshere/Ramsey-Rocky

Chamakh

Backup not bad at all.

Sagna     Djourou    Vermaelen     Clichy

Fabregas    Song

Walcott     Nasri     Arshavin

van Persie

Just to stick my nose in like :lol:

Nasri would be much better swapped for Fabregas in that system, he's played deep before and done well there.

That's me guessing his answer btw. For me, I'd  go 4-4-2 with Walcott dropping out for Chamakh and Nasri/Arshavin pushing out to the flanks.

Dunno if it's my memory failing but I remember some of Arsenal's best stuff in recent years (results, not just performances) coming with a 4-4-2. They play so fluidly anyway it's hard to stick formations on them at times.

If Arsenal could have a good season with injuries (they haven't had one for a while), then I still think they have the capability to challenge.

Especially if they're going to sign a "proper" goalkeeper and maybe add another elsewhere.

Walcott again looked very average today.

He isn't a player who is going to look top-drawer in terms of touch, etc. on a constant basis. He does have the ability to make things happen fairly regularly though thanks to his pace and movement.

I still wouldn't write him off yet, but he does need to improve in the way that Lennon did/has at Spurs.

The only way I can see them having a good chance is if they avoid any significant injuries, and Man Utd and Chelsea get knacked by a few. I would really like to see Arsenal do it but as I say, I don't see anything that has changed which would result in anything different to the previous 3/4 years, i.e. a challenge early on and falling away.

If Bellamy signs for Cardiff then I can see them tearing the Championship a new arsehole and will put McBoro in their place.

Given to Arsenal, lets just hope we have a nice fee coming our way.

Will be the opposite if anything. Any extra money we would have been due would no doubt have been linked to success at City (CL qualification, cup wins, etc.)

I'd be very pleasantly surprised if we had any kind of sell-on clause for someone of his age.