Women's Football.

Guest LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest LucaAltieri

Yes yes, women’s football is shite. We all know that.

However they’re talking about making a fully-professional women’s league. No fucker is going to watch it. The money won’t be there so women’s football is never really going to improve.

Instead of going down that route should we just stick the women in with the blokes?

The argument about them not being as strong as men makes no difference really. We let teenagers and Canadians play with fully-grown men if they’re good enough. The same should apply to women, surely?

Guest LucaAltieri

itll never happen. too many obstacles to overcome.

Possibly... but surely it makes more sense to tackle those problems rather than flogging the dead horse of an independent women's league?

sepp blatter made a comment about sweaty women in shorts or something like that.........and lots of people have that attitude to be honest. coming from the FIFA president, that cant be good.

havnt they got a women's premier league anyway? or is that just semi-professional?

Guest LucaAltieri

People may well have that attitude initially. I don't see that as a major stumbling block. Football has had to change attitudes on a whole range of topics. It can be done... imagine if we signed a woman who could beat the first man on set peices; instant geordie legend.

Guest LucaAltieri

Over 50% "no" yet nobody supplying a reason.

A women's league will never have the backing (financial or supporters) to get anywhere near the men's game. Without the backing the quality won't improve. The only way to improve the women's game as far as I'm concerned is to let them play in the standard leagues. I don't see any good reason why they shouldn't.

Politically correct bullshit that the media spout is the only reason anyone is even thinking about the possibility of this.

Let them have a pro-league in the summer and see how it goes. Good luck to them.

none of them will get picked. anyone see the womens fa cup final today? none of them are skillful or fast enough to ply i n mens teams. also thered be problems where some men might not tackle them properly or something. never going to work

Guest The Corner

The level they play at isnt a touch on semi professional mens leagues, just let them stick to cooking, cleaning, shopping and some pointless sport like netball if they like

Guest BooBoo

If anyone seriously thinks women footballers would be good enough to get into the mens first XI then they are deluded in such a fashion that i have no option but to use this smilie:

mackems.gif

It's a joke.

Football is a form of entertainment and their is no entertainment whatsoever in women's footbal apart from the sheer comedy of how bad they are.

Guest Jawesome

I played with a lass at college in the sports hall who bragged about getting scouted by Leeds United.  People were scared to tackle her, and then this one time I kinda hit her, you know like you do to your opposition every fucking time you tackle them in proper blokes football and I got a torrent of abuse.  She basically couldn't handle it, and she was sposed to have played for England at kids level and I think she's now at Crewe.  Fucking faggot.

Guest LucaAltieri

Hey, don't get me wrong... I opened this thread fully acknowledging women's football as shite.

I will also acknowledge that women tend to be not as strong or quick as men. However, that doesn’t necessarily mean they can’t be as good at knocking a ball around.

I also think that the women’s game would come on leaps and bounds if they were training and playing with the men (who have the resources available and play to higher standard) instead of being cast off to play by themselves.

A woman’s league is niche entertainment at best and a politically correct token gesture at worst.

Giving them the same opportunity to play as men just makes more sense.

I’m not suggesting that women should be played just for the sake of it either… but if they’re good enough, why not?

Having a cock doesn’t make you any more worthy of the shirt.

Guest optimistic nit

the reason why women should NEVER compete in a competitive mens league is as clear as the sky is blue.

imagine you're laurent robert, about to blast a freekick in from 40 yards, but there's a woman in the wall. if you hit her with your rocket your going to knock her out, and you'll feel guilty, no matter whether she should be on the field or not, and its possible you'll even get bad press about it. you'll most likely play it safe, and in a competitive match where the score matters on the tone of millions of pounds, thats a decision you can't make.

if women played cometitive men's football, men would have no choice but to show restraint towards their female counterparts for the girls safety, and their own. if scott parker charges in at 40 mph and does a tackle similar to the one he did on joe cole where cole did a complete 360 mid air how do you think a women's body will be able to stand up to that.

i have no problems with women playing with men in unprofessional games, if they accept that they will be getting NO special treatment, and could well get hurt pretty badly, but its insanity to let them play proffessional men's football. defenders wont be able to be as agressive, and strikers won't be able to strike the ball as hard if there is a woman in the way, it won't be in the rules, but any decent man wouldn't hit a ball full pelt at a woman or slide in full blooded on a girl, they just wouldn't.

I still don't see any reasoned argument against this. If they're good enough (i.e. strong enough, fast enough and good enough on the ball), why not?

Of course they won't get special treatment. With that much on the line, they won't expect nor receive special treatment.

Read the question again, btw, it says should they be 'allowed'. There's not going to a rule saying that at least one woman must be on the pitch at all times nor are they going to receive special treatment. If they're good enough, why not?

Guest optimistic nit

I still don't see any reasoned argument against this. If they're good enough (i.e. strong enough, fast enough and good enough on the ball), why not?

Of course they won't get special treatment. With that much on the line, they won't expect nor receive special treatment.

Read the question again, btw, it says should they be 'allowed'. There's not going to a rule saying that at least one woman must be on the pitch at all times nor are they going to receive special treatment. If they're good enough, why not?

but they WILL get the special treatment, whether you like it or not.

No, there's simply no need.  Regardless of having any reasonable reason against it.  Where does it stop?

Why not just do it with all sports then?  Big Venus Williams against Federer.  A Tyson against some top woman boxer.  Hey, why not, fuck gender, we're all equal. 

Api', and if what if they're not good enough?  Or, what if a manager prefers playing guys cause he believes they're better, then the women all group together.  Just keep it as it is, it's been fine for well over a century.  Let women develop their own game, they moan that no one bothers with it.  Perhaps that has something to do with women only deciding to play it in the last 20 odd years. 

No other sport is entertaining this idea, why should we?

Guest LucaAltieri

the reason why women should NEVER compete in a competitive mens league is as clear as the sky is blue.

imagine you're laurent robert, about to blast a freekick in from 40 yards, but there's a woman in the wall. if you hit her with your rocket your going to knock her out, and you'll feel guilty, no matter whether she should be on the field or not, and its possible you'll even get bad press about it. you'll most likely play it safe, and in a competitive match where the score matters on the tone of millions of pounds, thats a decision you can't make.

if women played cometitive men's football, men would have no choice but to show restraint towards their female counterparts for the girls safety, and their own. if scott parker charges in at 40 mph and does a tackle similar to the one he did on joe cole where cole did a complete 360 mid air how do you think a women's body will be able to stand up to that.

i have no problems with women playing with men in unprofessional games, if they accept that they will be getting NO special treatment, and could well get hurt pretty badly, but its insanity to let them play proffessional men's football. defenders wont be able to be as agressive, and strikers won't be able to strike the ball as hard if there is a woman in the way, it won't be in the rules, but any decent man wouldn't hit a ball full pelt at a woman or slide in full blooded on a girl, they just wouldn't.

Well it’s like I said... it should be on merit. If they're too dainty and can't hack it then they won't be in the team. However, I think you're generalising too much anyway. There are women far bigger and stronger than the likes of Nani or Joe Cole was when he first debuted.

I also don’t suppose for a second that in the heat of the game any player would be thinking about the person in front of them in terms of male or female. They’ll be too busy getting on with it.