Replacing the Duke for £12m

toontownman
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest optimistic nit

honestly i'm not sure if johnson is even playing football anymore. i don't think i've heard owt about him this season, so i would say no to him.

Ashton would be very good, and worth taking a risk on, as long as his contract had pay as you play elements and he cost around 8mill (maybe 10-11 if we have another crazy transfer window). depends whether west ham would want him or want rid after the injuries, but i doubt they'd sell him for that.

Bent really has only had 1, maybe 2 good seasons in the PL. he's been pretty poor for spurs, although i've missed half the season so don't know how he was from december to march, but i wouldn't be happy spending more than 6-7million on him, and thats only if we buy him alongside another striker.

Crouch would do a job here, no question, but again 12million would be too much. 8million again sounds like a more reasonable figure for him, and unlike the players above, i think we could get that for him. if there is fierce competition for him, then he would probably command a fee for around 12million, because there will be clubs willing to pay that much for him, but i don't see us spending that much on him, because he's not worth 12 million for us imo. he probably wont be at anfield next season though, and i can see rafa dropping the pricetag to raise funds to sign someone else. he'd be a good addition to the squad, but we'd probably still need someone in addition to martins, crouch and owen, because crouch is quite a funny player.

with Gomis i think we should definately consider it, but as with the others, i don't think 12million is a good price for him. there is a good deal of risk in buying him, if we could get him for 8-10, then he would be well worth it imo, but if the price tag starts escialating too far the wrong side of 10 million its a lot of risk for a lot of money.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone still rate Claudio Pizarro? Chelsea seems to have been a very bad move for him as he`s not had a chance to play regularly.......... I remember he was a top player at Bayern and Werder Bremen. I guess he`ll be on his way out of Stamford Bridge for a knockdown fee

Not particularly keen on Crouch but Darren Bent would be okay

Guest battyleespeed

Crouch for me. Would combine well with Martins and Owen. Each one of those three pose different threats and in 4-3-3 system they'd be a nightmare to play against.