Roeder out campaigners

Guest Invicta_Toon

people seriously think replacing Roeder with Curbishly will transform NUFC

abso ****ing deluded tbh.

You'd be calling for his head within a year

Curbishley would represent a significant improvement over Glenda, potentially allowing Newcastle to enjoy a period of stability that we so desperately need.  Of course, he may not be the best manager in the world; but as you have so eloquently clarified, we have zero chance of attracting that calibre of manager anyway. If Roeder stays, I'm afraid a relegation dogfight looks like an inevitability - the appointment of Curbishley or Big Sam (who I'm convinced could also be tempted to manage here) might not make all our managerial wet dreams come true; but it would be a huge step from our current predicament.

Oh, and I don't want to be a twat or anything, but your signature should read : capo DI tutti capi

I have doubts about Curbishley taking the pressure at Newcastle. He got his knickers in a twist when people were asking him if he was interviewed for the England job - if he can't take THAT he would never live with it if he got it, or NUFC either.

IF he did, he could do a stabilising job, but I would prefer Allardyce, as I have always said. I think he would incorporate new methods and techniques and do long term. He man manages players who have been around a lot with reputations too, this is very very important for Newcastle as we look to buy that sort of player. Despite Bolton being a small club you don't hear any of them expressing doubt about him or wanting to leave. As for his type of football, I'm not really bothered and I think its overstated anyway. Paul Jewell will also get a move to a bigger club soon.

I think we need to steer clear of the types of things you do hear about Allardyce and the types of players he buys

blueyes.gif

LOL...I see your point...but what I meant is the "big name" thing, or the "personality" ...whatever we may say about having "professionals", "proper players" or whatever you want to call them, Newcastle have always had one or two enigmatic players.

Its a fundamental weakness. Arsprilla was one, contributed little but idolised. These types have always gone down well. I wouldn't sign them personally but this is what I had in mind. What I mean by players who have been around is players such Okocha, and Campo, these players are happy to play for him and seem to respect and play for him.

It's called man management, the sort of thing that Souness should have studied.