Roeder out campaigners

Guest Invicta_Toon

Guest Magnetic North

Obi has a post count of over 55k there blueeek.gif

Tynetalk is a bore.

55,000+ posts and an IQ of a measly 5, this woeful inadequacy making him post more and more as a kind of antidote for it! Sad b***ard!

Obi has a post count of over 55k there blueeek.gif

Tynetalk is a bore.

55,000+ posts and an IQ of a measly 5, this woeful inadequacy making him post more and more as a kind of antidote for it! Sad b***ard!

The whole site is a joke - juveniles by the sound of them ; not worth a light...

Guest uSaMBer

Keith Armstrong could be available, just have to pay some compensations.

He's geordie!

He first started playing as a youngster for Sunderland A.F.C., the arch-rival of his home-town team Newcastle United F.C.

But I can assure he is life-long Newcastle supporter, he makes sure everyone knows it. And he often talks about those days, saying that it was hard because he supported Newcastle and with his few mates (who played also in Sunderland) they were always going to Newcastle's matches and everything and Sunderland didn't like that.

kieth is a toon fan we were at sunderland along with other toon fans ,shaun elliott tim gilbert,joe bolton ,kevin arnott,micky henderson,and others

Guest Knightrider

Tyne Talk full of

Deluded mongs

http://www.natural-health-information-centre.com/image-files/head-in-sand.jpg

Charvs

http://www.shameachav.com/images/Chav.jpg

Bairns

http://anekdota.dyndns.org/jotd24/att-0097/01-kid.jpg

Placky Geordies

http://img.mtv3.fi/mn_kuvat/mtv3/urheilu/futis/englannin_liiga/71748.jpg

And armchair fans

http://www.tucsonchargers.com/images/armchair_fan.jpeg

Nothing scares me more than the fat man being allowed to choose another manager.  I'm sure he'll manage something even less inspiring than ever before.  Peter Reid...David Pleat...Lee Clark.  The mind boggles how bad a decision he could make. I say give Roeder all the support in the world, until a takeover if complete so someone competent can make the decision.

Nothing scares me more than the fat man being allowed to choose another manager.  I'm sure he'll manage something even less inspiring than ever before.  Peter Reid...David Pleat...Lee Clark.  The mind boggles how bad a decision he could make. I say give Roeder all the support in the world, until a takeover if complete so someone competent can make the decision.

Yeah, good point.

Apart from anything if Fred can be bothered to go through all the hassle of sacking and appointing a new manager it implies he's not going anywhere soon, which is bad, very bad. :(

Guest Knightrider

Couln't agree more and you've just inspired me to write an article, although I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing ;)

Not much makes me laugh more than your ill thought out posts......

Souness is the only predictable duff manager appointed by Fred. Given that enough people are crying in their Ready Brek that we didn't get O'Neill, I'd like you to tell me how appointing 3 managers in a row with CV's ranging from fantastic to good, all better than O'Neills incidentally, can possibly be justification for your tripe I've quoted.

I suppose if Fred appointed YOUR first choice it would still be down to Fred if that manager was backed but failed? Nowt to do with the manager himself getting it wrong, which if the man has a superb track record can't be predicted.

You should stick to the ID Card thread. Although you don't understand that subject you seem to understand even less about football.

Thanks

Dalglish... sacked after a season because he was useless.

Gullit... sacked after a season because he was useless.

Souness... sacked after a season (and a bit) because he was useless.

Roeder... ?

As the saying goes:

Once is chance.

Twice is coincidence.

Three times is enemy action.

And four times is Fat Freddy Shepherd.

Guest Gemmill

Souness is the only predictable duff manager appointed by Fred. Given that enough people are crying in their Ready Brek that we didn't get O'Neill, I'd like you to tell me how appointing 3 managers in a row with CV's ranging from fantastic to good, all better than O'Neills incidentally, can possibly be justification for your tripe I've quoted.

I suppose if Fred appointed YOUR first choice it would still be down to Fred if that manager was backed but failed? Nowt to do with the manager himself getting it wrong, which if the man has a superb track record can't be predicted.

You should stick to the ID Card thread. Although you don't understand that subject you seem to understand even less about football.

Thanks

Isn't it amazing that managers with such a history of success have failed to bring any success to Newcastle United time and again?  What's the common denominator?

Guest The Fox

Nothing scares me more than the fat man being allowed to choose another manager. I'm sure he'll manage something even less inspiring than ever before. Peter Reid...David Pleat...Lee Clark. The mind boggles how bad a decision he could make. I say give Roeder all the support in the world, until a takeover if complete so someone competent can make the decision.

Thanks

Not true, Souness previous record far superior to Roeder, so he was not the only duff appointment.

If the man in charge appoints a succession of what turn out to be unsuccessful Managers then the buck stops with him.

Your dislike of O'Neil is a joke. He has taken more or less the poor squad that he was left, without any transfer activity to speak of and they are unbeaten. If MON is over-rated then what is 16th place Roeder.

Roeder and Shepherd had the whole of the summer to form a strong squad and address our defensive frailties, they failed miserably, knowing full well that a busy campaign was ahead.

Instead we had last minute purchases,one of whom has not figured at all, Bernard, and one on loan that he is only now about to play.

Roeder is now complaining that his squad is stretched. Whose fault is that.

Try as you may to absolve them from blame, we are in the curent situation due to Shepherd and Roeder who inherited the squad from Souness and then had the whole summer to strengthen and failed.

Nothing scares me more than the fat man being allowed to choose another manager. I'm sure he'll manage something even less inspiring than ever before. Peter Reid...David Pleat...Lee Clark. The mind boggles how bad a decision he could make. I say give Roeder all the support in the world, until a takeover if complete so someone competent can make the decision.

Thanks

Not true, Souness previous record far superior to Roeder, so he was not the only duff appointment.

If the man in charge appoints a succession of what turn out to be unsuccessful Managers then the buck stops with him.

Your dislike of O'Neil is a joke. He has taken more or less the poor squad that he was left, without any transfer activity to speak of and they are unbeaten. If MON is over-rated then what is 16th place Roeder.

Roeder and Shepherd had the whole of the summer to form a strong squad and address our defensive frailties, they failed miserably, knowing full well that a busy campaign was ahead.

Instead we had last minute purchases,one of whom has not figured at all, Bernard, and one on loan that he is only now about to play.

Roeder is now complaining that his squad is stretched. Whose fault is that.

Try as you may to absolve them from blame, we are in the curent situation due to Shepherd and Roeder who inherited the squad from Souness and then had the whole summer to strengthen and failed.

Says it all, Fox, says it all.....

Thanks

I love you too big boy, for an old man how come your posts are so immature?!

If that's what he'd done, and all he'd done, you might have a point.  His overall record is not as rosy as you’d selectively put it.  I know I’m not telling many people on here what they don’t already know, but it certainly points to a trend that shows up flaws in the chairman rather than the managers.  A history of backing then sacking…

Dalglish - 4 British leagues and 2 cups to his name on arrival and on paper a good manager, shame he went to an extreme in trying to shore up Keegan’s team, but a choice few argued with (I never liked him personally and didn’t agree with it at the time, but this is embarrasingly negated with how much I did support the Gullit appointment).  He gave him 17 months, and sacked him with win/lose/draw percentages of 38/33/29.  He sacked a proven manager after just 2 games of a new season having given him £15million to spend.  Bloody Genius.

Gullit – 1 cup to his name on arrival.  Great player but had proved nowt as a manager before and hasn’t since, his performance on that celebrity game was bad even by Sunday league standards.  I loved the appointment myself and a lot of people would argue that Shearer’s position in the club needed bringing down a peg or two.  No one player bigger than the club?  Bollocks.  3 weeks into the season he resigned, You guess he would’ve been pushed otherwise. His percentages were 35/38/27.  I’m not sure what he was given in the summer that year, but it was thirty or 40 million in his time at the club.

Robson – Too many trophies to name, a legend and an appointment no-one could argue with, the fact that Robson would have filled the dugout with hot coals and stood on them through every game to manage us, leads me to question how much work was done by the chairman to attract him.  After diminishing returns from each of the previous 3 managers, this one pulled it out of the bag for us all. His percentages stand up as a vast improvement and the best of his appointments (47/28/25).  Another manager sacked in August (surprise surprise), for an unacceptable start to the season, but only after giving him £10million to spend in the preceding months

Souness – 4 leagues and 8 cups.  Any manager who looks at a chairman and thinks “you sacked Bobby Robson” knows he’s going to have to perform to an almost impossible level to keep the bloke happy,  the expectations of the board being so high scared off any potential managers available at the time.  There was only one man greedy enough to take a position that could only make him look worse (difficult when he was already dragging his current team toward relegation).  Of course he was a disaster, £46 million pound later he was sacked, most confusingly he survived a worse start to the season than the last manager and was given a chance to save face (for the chairman) all the way to February. His record wasn’t too bad in terms of wins (44/33/21) but the class of opposition were far inferior in a sequence of cup runs that disguises how bad a manager he is.  Still, of the 3 top class managers you think should stand in Shepherd’s favour, Souness won more games than two of them.

Roeder – 56/28/15 is a better record than Robsons, despite the lack of inspiration in the appointment, the ship was steadied. Jumping on the sack Roeder bandwagon might leave him as Shepherds best performer, but it wouldn’t do the club any favours as it simply rocks the boat all over again.

So, looking at the managers appointed in the past, it’s difficult to say that trophies are any indication of how the’ll perform, that’s why I never did.  I can’t say if O’Neill would have performed as well or worse than Roeder.  The only thing I think you can say is that Shepherd likes to back and then to sack his managers, he’s made the club a less attractive prospect with each subsequent change and he’s getting one hell of a wage.

My first choice is the man in the job at the minute.  Let him get on with it.  If a new owner can attract a top class name, excellent.  But I know for a fact that Shepherd can’t, so leave it as it is I say.

Thanks

I love you too big boy, for an old man how come your posts are so immature?!

If that's what he'd done, and all he'd done, you might have a point.  His overall record is not as rosy as you’d selectively put it.  I know I’m not telling many people on here what they don’t already know, but it certainly points to a trend that shows up flaws in the chairman rather than the managers.  A history of backing then sacking…

Dalglish - 4 British leagues and 2 cups to his name on arrival and on paper a good manager, shame he went to an extreme in trying to shore up Keegan’s team, but a choice few argued with (I never liked him personally and didn’t agree with it at the time, but this is embarrasingly negated with how much I did support the Gullit appointment).  He gave him 17 months, and sacked him with win/lose/draw percentages of 38/33/29.  He sacked a proven manager after just 2 games of a new season having given him £15million to spend.  Bloody Genius.

Gullit – 1 cup to his name on arrival.  Great player but had proved nowt as a manager before and hasn’t since, his performance on that celebrity game was bad even by Sunday league standards.  I loved the appointment myself and a lot of people would argue that Shearer’s position in the club needed bringing down a peg or two.  No one player bigger than the club?  Bollocks.  3 weeks into the season he resigned, You guess he would’ve been pushed otherwise. His percentages were 35/38/27.  I’m not sure what he was given in the summer that year, but it was thirty or 40 million in his time at the club.

Robson – Too many trophies to name, a legend and an appointment no-one could argue with, the fact that Robson would have filled the dugout with hot coals and stood on them through every game to manage us, leads me to question how much work was done by the chairman to attract him.  After diminishing returns from each of the previous 3 managers, this one pulled it out of the bag for us all. His percentages stand up as a vast improvement and the best of his appointments (47/28/25).  Another manager sacked in August (surprise surprise), for an unacceptable start to the season, but only after giving him £10million to spend in the preceding months

Souness – 4 leagues and 8 cups.  Any manager who looks at a chairman and thinks “you sacked Bobby Robson” knows he’s going to have to perform to an almost impossible level to keep the bloke happy,  the expectations of the board being so high scared off any potential managers available at the time.  There was only one man greedy enough to take a position that could only make him look worse (difficult when he was already dragging his current team toward relegation).  Of course he was a disaster, £46 million pound later he was sacked, most confusingly he survived a worse start to the season than the last manager and was given a chance to save face (for the chairman) all the way to February. His record wasn’t too bad in terms of wins (44/33/21) but the class of opposition were far inferior in a sequence of cup runs that disguises how bad a manager he is.  Still, of the 3 top class managers you think should stand in Shepherd’s favour, Souness won more games than two of them.

Roeder – 56/28/15 is a better record than Robsons, despite the lack of inspiration in the appointment, the ship was steadied. Jumping on the sack Roeder bandwagon might leave him as Shepherds best performer, but it wouldn’t do the club any favours as it simply rocks the boat all over again.

So, looking at the managers appointed in the past, it’s difficult to say that trophies are any indication of how the’ll perform, that’s why I never did.  I can’t say if O’Neill would have performed as well or worse than Roeder.  The only thing I think you can say is that Shepherd likes to back and then to sack his managers, he’s made the club a less attractive prospect with each subsequent change and he’s getting one hell of a wage.

My first choice is the man in the job at the minute.  Let him get on with it.  If a new owner can attract a top class name, excellent.  But I know for a fact that Shepherd can’t, so leave it as it is I say.

Excellent post, you should come in here more often.

Excellent post, you should come in here more often.

Not while HTL is regular.  bluebiggrin.gif

Maybe he isn't. IBS would explain a lot tbh.

Guest TinoInHiding

people seriously think replacing Roeder with Curbishly will transform NUFC

abso ****ing deluded tbh.

You'd be calling for his head within a year

Curbishley would represent a significant improvement over Glenda, potentially allowing Newcastle to enjoy a period of stability that we so desperately need.  Of course, he may not be the best manager in the world; but as you have so eloquently clarified, we have zero chance of attracting that calibre of manager anyway. If Roeder stays, I'm afraid a relegation dogfight looks like an inevitability - the appointment of Curbishley or Big Sam (who I'm convinced could also be tempted to manage here) might not make all our managerial wet dreams come true; but it would be a huge step from our current predicament.

Oh, and I don't want to be a twat or anything, but your signature should read : capo DI tutti capi

Curbishley would represent a significant improvement over Glenda, potentially allowing Newcastle to enjoy a period of stability that we so desperately need.  Of course, he may not be the best manager in the world; but as you have so eloquently clarified, we have zero chance of attracting that calibre of manager anyway. If Roeder stays, I'm afraid a relegation dogfight looks like an inevitability - the appointment of Curbishley or Big Sam (who I'm convinced could also be tempted to manage here) might not make all our managerial wet dreams come true; but it would be a huge step from our current predicament.

Oh, and I don't want to be a twat or anything, but your signature should read : capo DI tutti capi

I have doubts about Curbishley taking the pressure at Newcastle. He got his knickers in a twist when people were asking him if he was interviewed for the England job - if he can't take THAT he would never live with it if he got it, or NUFC either.

IF he did, he could do a stabilising job, but I would prefer Allardyce, as I have always said. I think he would incorporate new methods and techniques and do long term. He man manages players who have been around a lot with reputations too, this is very very important for Newcastle as we look to buy that sort of player. Despite Bolton being a small club you don't hear any of them expressing doubt about him or wanting to leave. As for his type of football, I'm not really bothered and I think its overstated anyway. Paul Jewell will also get a move to a bigger club soon.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I have doubts about Curbishley taking the pressure at Newcastle. He got his knickers in a twist when people were asking him if he was interviewed for the England job - if he can't take THAT he would never live with it if he got it, or NUFC either.

IF he did, he could do a stabilising job, but I would prefer Allardyce, as I have always said. I think he would incorporate new methods and techniques and do long term. He man manages players who have been around a lot with reputations too, this is very very important for Newcastle as we look to buy that sort of player. Despite Bolton being a small club you don't hear any of them expressing doubt about him or wanting to leave. As for his type of football, I'm not really bothered and I think its overstated anyway. Paul Jewell will also get a move to a bigger club soon.

I think we need to steer clear of the types of things you do hear about Allardyce and the types of players he buys

blueyes.gif