Roeder out campaigners

Guest Invicta_Toon

Guest Invicta_Toon

I don't want him at the helm anymore, he's not good enough. But I don't feel hatred like I did with Souness, where he was a prick Roeder is a decent bloke just not very good at managing.

shows that Fred doesn't know a good man or a good manager when sees one

I agree with thread poster.  What good manager, or even player soon, will want to come to newcastle with shepherd in charge.  Get a new board, then they can change manager if they need to.  Replacing manager is a short term solution, replacing the board is the long term solution.

Ok so if the point of the thred is that we will never appoint a good enough manager because the fans and chairman are shit ?

Wow that's kind of depressing, no hope at all then, since u can't really change either.

Guest Christian Hayne

'Alan Curbishley is just 10 days from being the most wanted manager in football - when a secret clause in his severance package from Charlton runs out and lets him work again. Middlesbrough, Newcastle and West Ham are all monitoring his situation.'

where did you get that quote from please!

Guest Invicta_Toon

Ok so if the point of the thred is that we will never appoint a good enough manager because the fans and chairman are shit ?

Wow that's kind of depressing, no hope at all then, since u can't really change either.

no the situation can change with the removal of Fred. But I agree, he isn't going anywhere unless the fans change .. which won't happen

The thread is directed at the lunatics calling for Roeders replacement as if that would change anything

I don't see the conection, personally I want us to stay in the premiership, to have any chance of that happening Roeder has to go, maybe we'll still go down because FS with balls it up again, but we would at least be in with a chance.

no the situation can change with the removal of Fred. But I agree, he isn't going anywhere unless the fans change .. which won't happen

The thread is directed at the lunatics calling for Roeders replacement as if that would change anything

I really don't see the connection. Personally I want us to stay in the Premiership, that can only happen if Roeder is gone before too much damage is inflicted. Sure FS may balls it up again with another inspired appointment but at least we would have a chance.

I was at the game and a few rows behind me shouted Roeder out, and at that point a few people around him told him to "shut the f**k up", quite rightly too. Roeder isn't the problem.

And don't tell me we didn't play with passion today. For much of the game we were the better side, but we missed our chances.

We could of had 4 goals (Martins, Sibi, Duff, then Milner)... Middlesbrough could have add 2 (plus the one they did get).

How the hell can we blame Roeder for players missing chances?

Totally agree that we will get nowhere from sacking Roeder.

ps. The defence played well today.

good post

Keith Armstrong could be available, just have to pay some compensations.

He's geordie!

He first started playing as a youngster for Sunderland A.F.C., the arch-rival of his home-town team Newcastle United F.C.

But I can assure he is life-long Newcastle supporter, he makes sure everyone knows it. And he often talks about those days, saying that it was hard because he supported Newcastle and with his few mates (who played also in Sunderland) they were always going to Newcastle's matches and everything and Sunderland didn't like that.

'Alan Curbishley is just 10 days from being the most wanted manager in football - when a secret clause in his severance package from Charlton runs out and lets him work again. Middlesbrough, Newcastle and West Ham are all monitoring his situation.'

where did you get that quote from please!

The People :D

Reproduced in this thread - http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,30846.0.html (not the first batch of rumours - the second lot)

Roeder will have to go sooner or later in order to ensure we don't go down tbh. That would be an absolute disaster for this club were it to happen. Boils my piss to think we could have had O'Neill too.

Guest Magnetic North

I'm gonna resist pointing the pistolet at Roeder's troubled temple at the moment lads. We played some decent stuff against Fenerbache and Boro, but if we draw blanks at home against Charlton and Sheffield Utd then...er...

Nurse, wipe my fevered brow.

I think some people need reminding that we're only 9 games into the season. We're not playing that badly we just need a bit of luck. Also, the squad is very unbalanced and I'm not sure another manager could do much more with it. Hopefully, we will sign some defenders in January.

Guest Magnetic North

I think some people need reminding that we're only 9 games into the season. We're not playing that badly we just need a bit of luck. Also, the squad is very unbalanced and I'm not sure another manager could do much more with it. Hopefully, we will sign some defenders in January.

I had positive vibes about Roeder's appointment (*pauses until audible gasps pass*) and it would be damaging if all this negativity became a catalyst for yet more unrest and change. Let's get behind him folks.

Guest Armchair Pundit

There so many possible reasons and explanations as to why we're doing badly, I see it mainly down to Shepherd but there are other things which have affected the team which did so well towards the end of last season. Major differences being we have no strike force now so regardless of how well the midfield do we're not knocking the ball in to the back of the net, as well as that we're light on the defence side of things AND (most importantly in my eyes) Roeder hasn't got Shearer as his number two. We could and should have reinforced our defence during the summer and bought another striker on top of Martins to help in attack, instead we've got an even lighter team than last season with less skilled cover and no motivation coming from the first team being pushed. I know this thread wasn't supposed to be another Shepherd bashing thread but until he goes this club will never get back on track, it's a shame there's no chance of us getting a decent board in with a chairman who's only job is to stick his hand in his pocket at the manager's request.

We are struggling to score goals, our attack is pathetic so lets keep Rossi and Luque out of it and not give them a chance. Our defence against Ferna was probably the steadiest it's been all season so why does he go back to Ramage at LB which clearly doesn't work. It's those sort of decisions that tell me Roeder is not the man. It would not surprise me however to see him play a changed side on Wed and include Luque and Rossi, two players who have hardly kicked a ball in anger this season let alone played together. Then we get beat and Glen blames Luque saying I told you so and try and justify his constant crap team selection.

Guest Magnetic North

Yes, I'd like to see Rossi finally given a decent run out on Wednesday. As for Roeder being hung, drawn and quartered so soon, it all feels a bit too early to this knacker.

Guest Magnetic North

A Sportnetwork ChavTalk thread started last night:

“I wish I had a giant can of petrol and everytime we didnt win by 20 goals I'd put them all out of this f*ckin misery...”

http://www.sportnetwork.net/boards/read/s70.php?f=71&i=604999&t=604999&sid=70

It's a decent point about sometimes unrealistic expectations but made in such a way that suggests he should be under f*cking lock and key!

Guest Invicta_Toon

Souness was the only choice after Robson?

Fuck off was he.

oh right

so who was banging down the door then?

A Sportnetwork ChavTalk thread started last night:

“I wish I had a giant can of petrol and everytime we didnt win by 20 goals I'd put them all out of this f*ckin misery...”

http://www.sportnetwork.net/boards/read/s70.php?f=71&i=604999&t=604999&sid=70

It's a decent point about sometimes unrealistic expectations but made in such a way that suggests he should be under f*cking lock and key!

He was a Souness supporter who spent most of his time on here defending him while most people said that Souness should go.

Obi and his mates are a bunch of sheep, they're the type that get us a bad name for accepting mediocrity and clapping like a trained performing seal.

The sad thing is that you could probably train a seal to perform more tricks than you could train the originator of that post.