Three Quarters of you wanted Roeder....

Guest Phil K

Special K would if he could but he can't

bluelaugh.gif

I refer you to the defence of Roeder you mouthed off about earlier in this very thread.

That's what they call backing up an argument.

If you don't know what "backing up an argument" means, ask yer mum. :roll:

The people who have difficulty backing up their argument are those who are in favour of Roeder and Shepherd IMO.

I mean what have you got to back them up. Roeder's track record in Management and Shepherd's on appointing Managers.

Neither what you would call successful

Actually, I am seriously beginning to think ole Invicta DOESN'T know what "backing up an argument" actually means.

Heres a bloke who accuses others of doing what he himself is doing.

I'd certainly be interested in his own justification of Roeder.

Come on then, InVickie - show us yer proof for Glenn.

Hmm. Good point.

I'll be honest, I remeber seeing just before (maybe just after the Sunderland match) that the three quarters was mentioned, and that stayed with me.

I was horrified, as we had been outplayed by a dismal Sunderland team for the first half, and said to myself "Are they bloody blind ????"

I can't find any other mention of that to be honest. But DID see it.

Getting rid of him does nothing about the immediate plight, but don't let that worry you too much, eh.

bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

So your defence is now that we should keep him because getting rid will not change our immediate plight, your at the bottom of the barrel with reasons now.

Good to know you're not bothered about our immediate plight, matey.

Fact is, changing the Chairman would not get us out of the situation we are in right now, changing the manager for one who is capable probably would do.

Guest thompers

Getting rid of him does nothing about the immediate plight, but don't let that worry you too much, eh.

So your defence is now that we should keep him because getting rid will not change our immediate plight, your at the bottom of the barrel with reasons now.

Fact is, changing the Chairman would not get us out of the situation we are in right now, changing the manager for one who is capable probably would do.

And you trust Shepherd to suceed in doing that?

Not right now, given the Souness debacle before Roeder. But I'm sure you understand that changing the Chairman wouldn't automatically result in the arrival of a top class manager. Unless that's what you think?

Special K would if he could but he can't

bluelaugh.gif

Well - checking back, it wasn't so much as defence of Roeder that has had you squealing, it's the three quarters comment. (Though I cant see any criticism of Glenn from you, just annoyance at my saying he must go) Actually, the ranting over the three quarters is actually WORSE than being because of defence of Roeder, which is laudable, is misdirected. But the other is petty.

Off to work now, so any further comment will have to wait.

Agree HTL. Right now at this moment we need to focus on getting a solid, hard working coach in who can start to make a difference to this aimless shambles.

Yup. The issue of Fred appointing shite in Souness and then seeming to have made another error with Roeder needs to be tackled at some other time, unless an Abramovich comes along.

Not right now, given the Souness debacle before Roeder. But I'm sure you understand that changing the Chairman wouldn't automatically result in the arrival of a top class manager. Unless that's what you think?

It would help.

Most managers wouldn't touch us due to FS being our chairman, he's a laughing stock, and will use you to save his own neck at any time.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Hmm. Good point.

I'll be honest, I remeber seeing just before (maybe just after the Sunderland match) that the three quarters was mentioned, and that stayed with me.

I was horrified, as we had been outplayed by a dismal Sunderland team for the first half, and said to myself "Are they bloody blind ????"

I can't find any other mention of that to be honest. But DID see it.

you mean the way 'Vic supports Roeder and FF' has stayed with you?

in the way that you made up some bollocks in your head and started spouting it as fact?

un-fuckingbelievable you are  :roll:

Very muted reaction to the appointment, looking back. 

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,19310.0.html

Of course there were a few people who'd been hitting the prozac.

This guy deserves the Newcastle job, more than any appointment we've made in years, talk about steadying the boat?!?!?  He's turned into a round the world catamaran.  I'm actually staggered anyone has the audacity to slag Glenn, and his appointment, and for once I think Shepherd has done the right thing.  Let's face it whoever he appointed there'd be wanks, saying FFS has fucked us again.  Well done Shepherd and well done Roeder, it's the most positive step this club has made since we sacked Robson.  Good luck Glenn most of the true fans will be 100% behind you.

I'm delighted about the whole situation, thrilled to bits. 

...while some of us (like me for instance) thought it an act of utter lunacy.

Happy with your daft self-destructive choice, boys ? :roll:

Aye, the Roeder for the Toon campaign was massive like. If it makes you feel smug though go ahead and say I told you so  :roll: backatcha tbh

...while some of us (like me for instance) thought it an act of utter lunacy.

Happy with your daft self-destructive choice, boys ? :roll:

Aye, the Roeder for the Toon campaign was massive like. If it makes you feel smug though go ahead and say I told you so  :roll: backatcha tbh

All them dossiers we printed. I feel like a right cunt now. I wish i'd never quit my job for the campaign.

Where did I say that I wasn't bothered about our immediate plight?

I'm gutted about our situation but not surprised in the slightest and don't trust Shepherd to get a good manager in, that's why I think getting rid of him is more important than getting rid of Roeder.  We need a manager to take the club forwards, Shepherd will only get the right man by accident, not by choice.

I'm not having a go at you because you seem to have changed your opinion slightly.

Where did I say that I wasn't bothered about our immediate plight?

I'm gutted about our situation but not surprised in the slightest and don't trust Shepherd to get a good manager in, that's why I think getting rid of him is more important than getting rid of Roeder.  We need a manager to take the club forwards, Shepherd will only get the right man by accident, not by choice.

I'm not having a go at you because you seem to have changed your opinion slightly.

Total contradiction. I can't be arsed to point it out to you, it would be a waste of my time and I'm tired right now.

BTW What opinion am I supposed to have changed? What I want is what's best for the club. That's never changed.

There is a reasonable chance that a takeover would result in a decent Manager being appointed, its always a risk we know that but we are going, and will continue to go, no where fast with the current set up.

Of course there are some on here who will defend Shepherd to the ends, these are the ones who disappear when there is another defeat. He has made money available admittedly, more often than not it has not been used wisely by his appointed men. 

The most damaging fact is Shepherd has appointed 4 unsuccessful Managers out of 5. You cant get away from that, the last two in particular being laughable. No amount of sarcasm or talking down to people can change that. :winking: :winking: :winking: :winking:

I haven't disappeared from supporting this club for 42 years John, no matter where I've lived, which has been all over the UK, I've travelled and I've been there.

Even when we were shit.

Did you forecast that a manager with 4 league titles, 2 FA Cups and 3 manager of the year awards would "fail", and his successor who won the FA Cup and left his club in the top 3 in the league would also "fail" ? What standards do you set if you consider these to be bad appointments ?

During my time supporting the club, I also waited 22 years to reach a Cup Final. We got there twice in succession with the 2 men you say "failed". Just thought I'd point it out like.

:lol:

Of course, all the other 91 clubs have a "plan" and get who they want every time .....  :lol:

Of course, all the other 91 clubs have a "plan" and get who they want every time .....   :lol:

Well, I'm glad someone, at least, finds our steady decline and current plight under Fat Fred to be a source of amusement.

Of course, all the other 91 clubs have a "plan" and get who they want every time .....   :lol:

Well, I'm glad someone, at least, finds our steady decline and current plight under Fat Fred to be a source of amusement.

I don't, unlike you did, when you backed Souness.

Your gibbering on and lack of substance in your posts make me laugh however.

Guest Invicta_Toon

oh it's such a crime to find amusement in the face of the current state of NUFC isn't it?

if you can't laugh at the shit state we are in right now, you need your bloody head examined

oh it's such a crime to find amusement in the face of the current state of NUFC isn't it?

if you can't laugh at the shit state we are in right now, you need your bloody head examined

Ozzie is well known now for his mackem type comments, he should really go back to posting cartoon network.

He offers nothing constructive - ever

Well, I suppose there is a certain dark comedy in the fact that some people are still backing Fat Freddy.

Guest The Fox

There is a reasonable chance that a takeover would result in a decent Manager being appointed, its always a risk we know that but we are going, and will continue to go, no where fast with the current set up.

Of course there are some on here who will defend Shepherd to the ends, these are the ones who disappear when there is another defeat. He has made money available admittedly, more often than not it has not been used wisely by his appointed men. 

The most damaging fact is Shepherd has appointed 4 unsuccessful Managers out of 5. You cant get away from that, the last two in particular being laughable. No amount of sarcasm or talking down to people can change that. :winking: :winking: :winking: :winking:

I haven't disappeared from supporting this club for 42 years John, no matter where I've lived, which has been all over the UK, I've travelled and I've been there.

Even when we were shit.

Did you forecast that a manager with 4 league titles, 2 FA Cups and 3 manager of the year awards would "fail", and his successor who won the FA Cup and left his club in the top 3 in the league would also "fail" ? What standards do you set if you consider these to be bad appointments ?

During my time supporting the club, I also waited 22 years to reach a Cup Final. We got there twice in succession with the 2 men you say "failed". Just thought I'd point it out like.

I have already answered this a while back. The cup runs involved a lot of luck in the draw, in fact in one of them we did not meet  a quality side until the semis.

In case you forgot in both cases we then proceeded to give an embarrassing cup final performance. just did not turn up on the day.

The overall assessment of success for a supposed big club is the League title. The last time we achieved this was in the 1920's.

Its not a case of forecasting who would fail. The fact is 4 out of the last 5 Managers have failed and two have been sacked and one walked out.

The current appointment is a joke IMO, as was the previous one.