Three Quarters of you wanted Roeder....

Guest Phil K

Guest puretoon

Im sorry to say that I was one of those people who thought GR was a good appointment-VERY sorry to say  bluecry.gif 

Apart from Souness, I can't think of a worst managerial appointment at this club.

Apparently FS never asked O'Neill, never even approached him at all. Hitfeld? he would have been excellent, but he would never have come here with the fat bastard at the helm. As long as FS is here this club will never do anything. FS doesn't know the bloody shape of a football let alone pick managers. It was so convenient for Shepherd to have GR at hand, then appoint him as he's just the kind of 'Yes' man FS likes. 

I think the fans will be retaliating very soon-hopefully!

I still think he can do a good job.

Someones got to realise that jumping on a managers back everytime something goes wrong is not going to get us anywhere.

We need to get behind him.

We've got four very winnable games in the next two weeks (Portsmouth, Charlton, Sheffield United and Man City).

Of course he can do a job, a bad one.  He's reverted to type and we're struggling, open your eyes and look through his past for an idea of what he's done and is doing.

Because he's not getting them to perform.  So fuck, we did better than normal today, it still was not good enough.  If you're using today as a reason why he can't be faulted, then what about all the other gutless performances?  I suppose it was the players' fault then?  But today they perform, ever so slightly, so Glenn deserves a big pat on the back.

He brought fucking Zog on with a minute to go.  I didn't need to SEE the match, that alone proves how fucking clueless he is.  If the result had stayed 0-0, not bringing him on until then would still have been incredible.  Losing just makes it ten times worse.

Plus, there's been plenty that were at the match, that still said we were a joke. 

I'm sorry mate. Thats bollocks.

Did you go to the match?

I couldn't fault the team apart from we missed our chances. How the hell Roeder can be blamed for that is unbelievable in my opinion.

No I didn't go to the match, Im not only commenting on today, I'm commenting on what he's done this season and what he's done at other clubs.

Roeder is the manager who screwed up the last transfer window, Roeder is the one who is supposed to motivate players to beat teams like Fulham, Bolton, Boro, Villa and the others and he's not doing it.

History is repeating for him and Freddy.  Freddy appoints managers who fail, Roeder serially fails.

Did you go to the match?

I couldn't fault the team apart from we missed our chances. How the hell Roeder can be blamed for that is unbelievable in my opinion.

No I didn't go to the match, Im not only commenting on today, I'm commenting on what he's done this season and what he's done at other clubs.

Roeder is the manager who screwed up the last transfer window, Roeder is the one who is supposed to motivate players to beat teams like Fulham, Bolton, Boro, Villa and the others and he's not doing it.

History is repeating for him and Freddy.  Freddy appoints managers who fail, Roeder serially fails.

get out of roeaders backside and start realising the truth.  he's a wank manager.  The team never scored, cos HE never bought a competent striker, and HE failed at motivating them and HE failed at adopting decent tactics.  simple.

Did you go to the match?

get out of roeaders backside and start realising the truth.  he's a wank manager.  The team never scored, cos HE never bought a competent striker, and HE failed at motivating them and HE failed at adopting decent tactics.  simple.

A very surprising reply. bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif   bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

Did you go to the match?

A very surprising reply. bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

why?  blueconfused.gif blueconfused.gif blueconfused.gif blueconfused.gif blueconfused.gif blueconfused.gif blueconfused.gif

Dave Jones was the bloke I suggested and who I hoped would get the job. Terrible reaction to that suggestion on this forum, as usual. He's not a big name, you see. He's a good manager and would have been a realistic target.

:winking:

On what basis would you want him HTL?

Guest Andrew Flintoff

...while some of us (like me for instance) thought it an act of utter lunacy.

Happy with your daft self-destructive choice, boys ? :roll:

Well done, congratulations you were "right". I bet you fucking love the fact we're losing just so you can say you were right. Your type of shite really boils my piss. Egotistical bastard.

Well done, congratulations you were "right". I bet you ****ing love the fact we're losing just so you can say you were right. Your type of shite really boils my piss. Egotistical bastard.

yeah, because it was us that appointed Roeder in the first place wasn't it?  That Shepherd bloke had nowt to do with it man  :lol:

Guest Andrew Flintoff

Well done, congratulations you were "right". I bet you ****ing love the fact we're losing just so you can say you were right. Your type of shite really boils my piss. Egotistical bastard.

yeah, because it was us that appointed Roeder in the first place wasn't it? That Shepherd bloke had nowt to do with it man :lol:

Aye thats it like. We FORCED Shepherd into appointing Roeder and it's all our fault :(

Dave Jones was the bloke I suggested and who I hoped would get the job. Terrible reaction to that suggestion on this forum, as usual. He's not a big name, you see. He's a good manager and would have been a realistic target.

:winking:

On what basis would you want him HTL?

I just rate him highly as someone able to man manage. Like Everton seeing something in Moyes when he was at Preston, I expect.

Guest Knightrider

Jones has done a good job at the level he's now at, not a bad manager for that level, but he'd die on his arse here. Struggled at Southampton IIRC and couldn't keep Wolves up, they were shocking that year even for a newly promoted side.

Anyone rate Aidy Boothroyd? I think he'll make a good manager one day.

Did you go to the match?

A very surprising reply. bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif   bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

why?  blueconfused.gif blueconfused.gif blueconfused.gif blueconfused.gif blueconfused.gif blueconfused.gif blueconfused.gif

I can't see anything to suggest that I was up Roeders backside, basically.

I think thats the main thing we were all happy about, that Roeder was not the kind of manager that would rip through a squad like a whirlwind and upset everyone. After Souness he was like a breath of freshair, but I think we now need to face up to the fact that the honeymoon period is well over and he is just not making the cutt.

Guest smoggeordie

Well done, congratulations you were "right". I bet you fucking love the fact we're losing just so you can say you were right. Your type of shite really boils my piss. Egotistical bastard.

Oh Fred you idiot :lol:

Jones has done a good job at the level he's now at, not a bad manager for that level, but he'd die on his arse here. Struggled at Southampton IIRC and couldn't keep Wolves up, they were shocking that year even for a newly promoted side.

Oh well. That's that then, Fred.

Did you go to the match?

A very surprising reply. bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

I can't see anything to suggest that I was up Roeders backside, basically.

You're blaming the wrong bloke basically.

If Roeder is shite it won't matter how good the Chairman is. Get it?

Guest Knightrider

Me and you both know that would never happen, appointing someone like Jones.

Me and you both know that would never happen, appointing someone like Jones.

I'm not so sure. I think he'd be a good choice.