Three Quarters of you wanted Roeder....

Guest Phil K

Hey Geyjon - thanks for giving me a laff with your "not a cockney or a hom" sig

God allmighty - we need a laff when our team is such shit at the minute, thanks to the Duncenamic Duo of Shepherd and Roeder....

No worries although I didn't think it was that funny. Pleased to amuse though  bluebiggrin.gif

I was another that was against it, but I'm not here to say I told you so, the biggest problem may be that FS has already washed his hands of any trouble here by as the Ronny Gil tell us 'giving the fans what they wanted by making Roeder's job permenant".

Unfortunately the true criminal here will get away scot free again !

People who supported the appointment of Roeder arent to blame, it's the person who did it if anyone.  And i still dont see what other options there were by the end.

Freddy's never gunna sake roed after all the bother he went to.  I'd like roeder to keep a place at the club and get Freddy out.

Guest geordieracer

o'neill would never come here mate

i jsust hope we can get curbishley in before a rival does, as in a few months when curbishley is doing brilliantly then everyone will be wishing we had him

o'neill would never come here mate

i jsust hope we can get curbishley in before a rival does, as in a few months when curbishley is doing brilliantly then everyone will be wishing we had him

Curbishley would never work here.  Our fans have no patience, and Curbs will be on like a 10 year plan.  And he'll be at west ham first anyway.

Shearer will be the next manager i think

Saying 75% wanted Roeder as manager is just a lie, it was 20% at the most.

I agree with this. That 20% made some ridiculous arguments mind.

I'm not so sure the original statement by Phil is too far wrong (if he was talking about Newcastle fans in general), remember NUFC fans go beyond this board and beyond even the most illeducated football followers.

Your great aunt Maude who watches the goals from time to time on look north would say "Oh what a nice young man that Mr Roeder is, surely he deserves to get the job he's done ever so well this season", that kind of attitude was in abundance at the time of his appointment.

Mods delete this thread if Phil K isn't going to come up with the goods

I'd agree with him if he meant by the time of the appointment, I can't back it up but most people were for giving the job to Roeder at that time.

There we many of us who did not want his appointment, some because of what it symbolised, others because of his track record. Then there were probably an equal number who had reservations but were willing to give him a chance, understandable if a little misguided. Finally there were a very small number of the trusting eternal optimists (once a much larger group until the hammering they have recently endured) who backed him to do well.

Very, very few had him as fist choice.

Three quarters is just bollocks, as is your constant crowing over something many of us sadly predicted.

Guest Invicta_Toon

It was a generalisation, stop it.  Besides, the way Shepherd went on, he said we ALL wanted him. 

so he's just allowed to spout bollocks and besmirch everyone on the board?

Guest Invicta_Toon

Sack roeder, waste another season, let Freddy appoint another shit manager, sack him 6 games into next season, waste that season, let freddy appoint another.......

we'll go bankrupt from compensation and the inevitable 20 transfers a year

It was a generalisation, stop it.  Besides, the way Shepherd went on, he said we ALL wanted him. 

No, but I think it's been established by everyone that his figure was wrong.

Guest Invicta_Toon

No, but I think it's been established by everyone that his figure was wrong.

could've rephrased that tbh

In all honesty, as much as I like Roeder - he is Shepherd's fall guy ultimately because he is a 'yes' man. The real reason as to why a Hitzfeld or O'Neill wouldn't come to Newcastle, is because they wouldn't stand for interference from the chairman. He has too much power and say at the club, and for that reason we are ultimately doomed to fail until he is removed or leaves.

A present, Shepherd is killing the club - it's in terminal decline, IMO.

Not many backing Roeder in here it seems...

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,19310.0.html

"We needed a manager we could all get behind from day one. Roeder is not that man. For fucks sake, we should have just poached Mclaren if we are saying 'give someone a chance because they have had a decent (by no means outstanding) run recently'.

Roeder finished 2nd bottom of the football league with Gillingham, did well initially with Watford then oversaw their demise just as he did with West Ham, 7th then relegated.

Wow, people complain about O'Neill's record and yet are willing to welcome Roeder with open arms?

We have had some dreadful games under him, his handling of Luque begs questions, and his wrenching from the academy does little to help the stability of our club which some people put as one of the main reasons to appoint him.

What will his backroom staff consist of. Who did he use at Watford and the Hammers?

Will Terry Mac remain?

Is it just another dead duck, patsy appointment, treading water until the second coming of Shearer?"

My first post in that thread. bluesigh.gif

Houllier?

he'll never leave Lyon for another couple of seasons, especially not when they've got heir best chance yet of going all the way in the Chaps League.

He would, he was prepared to leave at the end of last season if a move to a decent Premiership club materialized, he said before how much he misses England.