Comolli Sucks

KaKa

It's embarassing that some of our fans have to make up ridiculous claims in their head to justify why Modric chose Spurs over us. It's pretty simple, man. They're just a better prospect than we are at the moment and you're living in the clouds if you think that being in Europe and having a reputable manager like Ramos doesn't make a difference.

Nonesense to be honest, did people say this kind of thing about the Woodgate deal?.. nope.  This has nothing to do with looking for excuses as far as I can see.  It seems pretty obvious that something strange went on with the Modric deal.  Even the player admits that he didn't decide to go to Spurs, he's quoted as saying that he was phoned and told the deal had all been done and that he was suprised but happy to be moving to England..  How could he be suprised if he was any part of negotiations?  Obviously he wasn't, so then ask yourself this question.  Since the owner of the player/club was in charge of all negotiations why would he choose to sell that player to a club that offered a lower fee and lower wages?  Because he loves the player so much he just wants the best for him even if it means losing money and thought Spurs was the best place for him?...   mackems.gif

Then there's all the stories of Modric celebrating his move to Newcastle with quotes from friends about him looking forward to coming.  Seems to me he knew of the deal with us and thought he was signing for us until he was called with the news that he was going to Spurs.  Don't get me wrong, I doubt he lost sleep over it.  But its just so obvious from everything that happened that not only did Modric not choose where he would end up but that Spurs offered something more then money to get him.

closet Spurs supporter alert

mackems.gif

Definitely  ;D

closet Spurs supporter alert

mackems.gif

Definitely  ;D

Aye, never mind that they've finished above us for the last 4 years, have a more high profile manager that's known throughout Europe and are in the Uefa cup next season.

We've got a bigger stadium!

mackems.gif

Are those all the reasons for you being a closet fan? :lol:

You just keep flying that Spurs flag man!  :thup:

By the way, Ramos is so overated by certain people on here, I'd bet the general Football fan and most of the players in this country, and no doubt most countries outside Spain, had never heard of the bloke before he was linked with Spurs.

Are those all the reasons for you being a closet fan? :lol:

You just keep flying that Spurs flag man!  :thup: 

Actually I think it says more about the likes of you and NE5 that you have to resort to calling people closet Spurs fans rather than being able to debate the point.

Mind you I wasn't exactly expecting an in depth conversation about football from an Avril Lavigne fan, I'm guessing you've fallen off your skateboard one to many times which is why that was the best point you could think up.

'This' country means fuck all, though. He won two UEFA Cup titles in a row with Sevilla, that counts for something for the players in Europe. You can only win 2 freaking titles in Europe in a season and Sevilla had a 100% record with him at the helm.

I think you're underrating Ramos because you'd never seen his team play/not interested in general football (which normal players would, because, well, they're professional footballers).

By the way, Ramos is so overated by certain people on here, I'd bet the general Football fan and most of the players in this country, and no doubt most countries outside Spain, had never heard of the bloke before he was linked with Spurs.

Aye, I'm sure they hadn't heard of one of the best managers in Spain who had won the Uefa cup for the 2 previous seasons.

Or could it be that you're ignorant towards football outside of this Country?

Didn't say I hadn't heard of him did I?..  I just think its hilarious how certain people bang on about how high profile and well known throughout the universe Ramos is.. its bollocks.  Yes he's a reasonably well known manager amongst hardcore Football fans and players, but he's no world renowed manager.  Keegans probably still a more famous person, even though he's won less as a manager.

Mind you I wasn't exactly expecting an in depth conversation about football from an Avril Lavigne fan, I'm guessing you've fallen off your skateboard one to many times which is why that was the best point you could think up.

If I was an Avril Lavigne fan, rather then just really fancying the f*** out of her, then I'd be much happier with that then being a Spurs fan  :lol:  I just thought it was pretty funny that other people see what I see with you and the Spuds :)

'This' country means f*** all, though. He won two UEFA Cup titles in a row with Sevilla, that counts for something for the players in Europe. You can only win 2 freaking titles in Europe in a season and Sevilla had a 100% record with him at the helm.

I think you're underrating Ramos because you'd never seen his team play/not interested in general football (which normal players would, because, well, they're professional footballers).

This country won't be much different to most countries outside Spain, in that alot of people will never have heard of the man and players will know of him but not see him as anything amazing.  I'm not underestimating him and I didn't say anything about how Sevilla played did I?  And I certainly don't remember saying I'm not interested in general Football  :lol:  I knew who Ramos was well before he came to England, but you and I aren't everyone, we aren't the general Football fan.  What I am saying is that the hype over how world renowned Ramos is, is well, bollocks IMO :)

Take this all with a pinch of salt, think I posted it at the time but is worth regurgitating as it is probably just as likely as anything the press cook up:

I heard that the Mamic brothers made Modric go to Spurs instead of us because we refused to agree to some clauses.

The deal we wanted was the removal of third party control, as the Mamic brothers controlled all of Modric's decisions. We wanted the transfer to involve a buyout that would break Modric's contractual obligations to Mamic, passing on agent responsibilities to Peter Harrison.

Mamics weren't happy with this, they wanted to move Modric onto a bigger club in a couple of years and pocket more money.

The Spurs deal came about with a minimum release clause and a hefty next sale clause.

load of steaming bollocks imho. Berbs wanted to add this clause when he was negiotiating a new contract and Levy straight away rejected it, so i fail to see why we'd agree one for Modric.

because you want to defend Spurs on a Newcastle board? It's hardly like you are an impartial observer here on issues like this one.

Not about defending spurs. It's logic....

Where's the logic? It's a completely unsubtantiated claim. Its clear Modric has been told where to go - I'm basing that on the fact that he wasnt here when we were negotiaing with the Mamic brothers then swiftly signed for Spurs. Add to the fact we offered more money to the Mamic brothers and more money to Modric and you still wouldn't be able to see that there were obviously something in the Spurs deal which made them turn a blind eye to immediate extra cash from us....i see the logic in what James said, seems perfectly viable to me.

Ok here's the logic bit....

two months or so, before the Modric deal, Berbs' piece of turd agent tries to include a minimum release clause in his contract, to which Levy calls of negotiations (this was widely reported in various papers and sites). The club then sing a totally different tune, and Poyet and co seem like they dont give a toss if Berbs leaves in interviews ect, after pleading with him to stay a while back.

So now you're saying, Levy would just totally do a u-turn and give another player a minimum fee release clause, even though he didnt want to give one to our prized asset? rightttttttttttt.

Ramos also tried to sign Modric at Sevilla and Modric has said how much he rates him, plus London, plus Uefa cup....

Do you know how much that minumum fee release clause was for Berbatov? Is it legitimate to compare Berbatovs situation with Modric? ie new unproven player against highly sought after proven player?

Not as logical as you care to think.

There never was a minimum fee release clause.  Dantchev said he was prepared to negotiate a new contract for Berbatov provided that it incorporated a minimum fee release clause.  Negotiations for a new contract went no further.  Levy has said at a Spurs AGM that he will not authorise the signing of a new player if the player/agent wishes to include restrictive clauses.  I would guess that Levy would interpret a minimum fee release clause as a restrictive clause.

Didn't say I hadn't heard of him love, stop making assumptions.  I just think its hilarious how certain people bang on about how high profile and well known throughout the universe Ramos is.. its bollocks.  Yes he's a reasonably well known manager amongst hardcore Football fans and players, but he's no world renowed manager.  Keegans probably a more famous person, even though he's won less as a manager.

If I was an Avril Lavigne fan, rather then just really fancying the f*** out of her, then I'd be much happier with that then being a Spurs fan  :lol:  I just thought it was pretty funny that other people see what I see with you and the Spuds :)

Funnier how even more people think you're talking shite. Having someone agree with you, doesn't mean you're right.

I guess you're one of those "great post" people who thinks that as long as the subject is something you agree with then it's set in stone?

Man United are better than us. I'm not a Man United fan though. See, not that difficult.

Guest Heneage

£1m for Rose

£2m for Taarabt

£1m for Parret

Dunno about the others.

And have any of those broke the first team.

Take this all with a pinch of salt, think I posted it at the time but is worth regurgitating as it is probably just as likely as anything the press cook up:

I heard that the Mamic brothers made Modric go to Spurs instead of us because we refused to agree to some clauses.

The deal we wanted was the removal of third party control, as the Mamic brothers controlled all of Modric's decisions. We wanted the transfer to involve a buyout that would break Modric's contractual obligations to Mamic, passing on agent responsibilities to Peter Harrison.

Mamics weren't happy with this, they wanted to move Modric onto a bigger club in a couple of years and pocket more money.

The Spurs deal came about with a minimum release clause and a hefty next sale clause.

load of steaming bollocks imho. Berbs wanted to add this clause when he was negiotiating a new contract and Levy straight away rejected it, so i fail to see why we'd agree one for Modric.

because you want to defend Spurs on a Newcastle board? It's hardly like you are an impartial observer here on issues like this one.

Not about defending spurs. It's logic....

Where's the logic? It's a completely unsubtantiated claim. Its clear Modric has been told where to go - I'm basing that on the fact that he wasnt here when we were negotiaing with the Mamic brothers then swiftly signed for Spurs. Add to the fact we offered more money to the Mamic brothers and more money to Modric and you still wouldn't be able to see that there were obviously something in the Spurs deal which made them turn a blind eye to immediate extra cash from us....i see the logic in what James said, seems perfectly viable to me.

Ok here's the logic bit....

two months or so, before the Modric deal, Berbs' piece of turd agent tries to include a minimum release clause in his contract, to which Levy calls of negotiations (this was widely reported in various papers and sites). The club then sing a totally different tune, and Poyet and co seem like they dont give a toss if Berbs leaves in interviews ect, after pleading with him to stay a while back.

So now you're saying, Levy would just totally do a u-turn and give another player a minimum fee release clause, even though he didnt want to give one to our prized asset? rightttttttttttt.

Ramos also tried to sign Modric at Sevilla and Modric has said how much he rates him, plus London, plus Uefa cup....

Do you know how much that minumum fee release clause was for Berbatov? Is it legitimate to compare Berbatovs situation with Modric? ie new unproven player against highly sought after proven player?

Not as logical as you care to think.

There never was a minimum fee release clause.  Dantchev said he was prepared to negotiate a new contract for Berbatov provided that it incorporated a minimum fee release clause.  Negotiations for a new contract went no further.  Levy has said at a Spurs AGM that he will not authorise the signing of a new player if the player/agent wishes to include restrictive clauses.  I would guess that Levy would interpret a minimum fee release clause as a restrictive clause.

Not quite the same thing and not quite the point i was trying to make. Negotiations being the key words here. This is all supposition, im not kidding myself into believing anything is fact but all im saying is that all isnt as sweet as it would appear and something that was mentioned earlier by James was perfectly viable.

Funnier how even more people think you're talking s****. Having someone agree with you, doesn't mean you're right.

I guess you're one of those "great post" people who thinks that as long as the subject is something you agree with then it's set in stone?

Man United are better than us. I'm not a Man United fan though. See, not that difficult.

You must be one of those people who randomly take one persons side in a discussion you aren't part of and know nothing about :lol:  I'm not calling him a closest Spurs fan because of anything he's said in this thread you numpty :)  I'm also not seriously saying that I think he owns a Spurs top and watches there games..  :idiot2:  I'm winding the bloke up because for some reason he loves to defend them, who knows why..

By the way just to be exact, nobody agreed with me, I agreed with NE5.

Funnier how even more people think you're talking s****. Having someone agree with you, doesn't mean you're right.

You must be one of those people who randomly take one persons side in a discussion you aren't part of and know nothing about :lol:  I'm not calling him a closest Spurs fan because of anything he's said in this thread you numpty :)

"that other people see what I see with you and the Spuds"

So that's not someone else agreeing with you?

And where did I say anything about what you've said in this thread, other than the fact you're talking shite?

I'd rather have KK.

I don't think anyone is saying they'd prefer Ramos over Keegan tbf Parky, people are just pointing out that a young lad playing in Europe would look more favourable towards Ramos than Keegan considering the one has qualified for the Champions league, won the Uefa cup twice, the Copa Del Ray and the Uefa Supercup in the past 3 years.

The other has spent that time running a soccer circus in Scotland.

£1m for Rose

£2m for Taarabt

£1m for Parret

Dunno about the others.

And have any of those broke the first team.

Taarabt is 18 and has made his first team debut, Rose is 17 and has been on the bench twice, Parrett is 16 and not old enough to sign a professional contract.

It's embarassing that some of our fans have to make up ridiculous claims in their head to justify why Modric chose Spurs over us. It's pretty simple, man. They're just a better prospect than we are at the moment and you're living in the clouds if you think that being in Europe and having a reputable manager like Ramos doesn't make a difference.

And this is not defeatist of me to admit this as well. In fact, the sooner we all realise this, the sooner we can try to fix our problems (instead of ignoring it) and improve the club as a prospect instead of merely saying 'oh yeah, that player signed for them only because of that clause and this clause'.

Spot On.

It's refreshing that a player moves for his career ambition and the chance of European football and a better coach, rather than moving to the club that offered him the better salary. Even if it is annoying that it's Spurs he is moving too.

The ONLY area where they score, is that they are in London, and not every player would see this as the be all and end all.

having won silverware this season and being in the uefa cup next season must count for something, surely?

Well, Cardiff have just appeared in the FA Cup Final, and pompey have won the FA Cup. Are you saying both of those clubs, especially the winners, are also bigger and better than us ?

no i'm not, you're the one bringing those two clubs into the thread, not me. the thread is about spurs, who have just won silverware and are in the uefa cup next season, and that has to be a draw for a player, sorry like, it seems beyond obvious to me.

Well, so have pompey.

Correct or not ?

You must be one of those people who randomly take one persons side in a discussion you aren't part of and know nothing about :lol:  I'm not calling him a closest Spurs fan because of anything he's said in this thread you numpty :)

"that other people see what I see with you and the Spuds"

So that's not someone else agreeing with you?

And where did I say anything about what you've said in this thread, other than the fact you're talking s****?

I was just being pedantic, since its all the rage here, NE5 said something, I agreed with him.

This is getting stupid but.. here goes.. I didn't say that you said anything about what I'd said in this thread :lol:

And this is not defeatist of me to admit this as well. In fact, the sooner we all realise this, the sooner we can try to fix our problems (instead of ignoring it) and improve the club as a prospect instead of merely saying 'oh yeah, that player signed for them only because of that clause and this clause'.

Spot On.

It's refreshing that a player moves for his career ambition and the chance of European football and a better coach, rather than moving to the club that offered him the better salary. Even if it is annoying that it's Spurs he is moving too.

The ONLY area where they score, is that they are in London, and not every player would see this as the be all and end all.

having won silverware this season and being in the uefa cup next season must count for something, surely?

Well, Cardiff have just appeared in the FA Cup Final, and pompey have won the FA Cup. Are you saying both of those clubs, especially the winners, are also bigger and better than us ?

no i'm not, you're the one bringing those two clubs into the thread, not me. the thread is about spurs, who have just won silverware and are in the uefa cup next season, and that has to be a draw for a player, sorry like, it seems beyond obvious to me.

Well, so have pompey.

Correct or not ?

I reckon the european place and the FA cup win could certainly attract some players, yeah.

Football's very short-term and it is all about perceptions. There's no way we're perceived as a 'big' club at the moment. On the other hand, Spurs have finished above us for the last few seasons, been in Europe (and did okay) and have a manager who's highly reputable. Spurs aren't a 'big' club but they sure as hell are perceived as being bigger than we are at this moment of time.

If you can't see that then you're highly ignorant of the way the footballing world works now.

So you're not too impressed with Ashley and Morts "plan" to find all these 17 year old Gazza's then instead of getting back asap ?

Neither am I. And significantly, neither is the manager.

A year ago Arsenal were perceived as being on the way down and no top player would have joined them. The perception didn't match reality (because they weren't on their way down) but to say that it doesn't affect whether they're viewed as a good prospect by the higher-quality players would be burying your head in the sand.

Right now, we're not perceived as being a club on the way up. Or, if we are, there are other clubs around us who are moving faster/closer to where the top players want to be.

There's only one way of changing that particular perception