cheeky bastard bobby charlton

madras

Guest taff2727

nah jackie played for  us and loved us,thats why he got a statue.

what has BC ever done for us?

i class him in the same mould as steve bruce,sting,jimmy nail and the entire italian army during WW11.

THEY WILL BE ON OUR SIDE WHEN IT SUITS THEM.

I'm sure I remember us playing Man U in a testimonial and Bobby played half the game for us.

ok he played half a game in a testcalmonial wearing our colours.

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE thanks bobby for all your many years of devotion to the geordie nation.

lets weld a statue of him on to wor jackies

i class him in the same mould as steve bruce,sting,jimmy nail and the entire italian army during WW11.

I'm sure I remember us playing Man U in a testimonial and Bobby played half the game for us.

Did he play in Wor Jackie's testmonial?

Guest taff2727

are you related like lol

are you related like lol

lol

I understood that a lot of problems arose because Bobby's wife was basically hated by all his relatives. As such, he's distanced himself from both his family and his NE roots. Also, as I understand it, Jackie Milburn basically talked Bobby out of playing for Newcastle by telling him we had the worst coaching in the country.

Guest taff2727

I think he did, first half for them second for us.

you said you were sure in your first post,make ya bliddy mind up man lol

I understood that a lot of problems arose because Bobby's wife was basically hated by all his relatives. As such, he's distanced himself from both his family and his NE roots. Also, as I understand it, Jackie Milburn basically talked Bobby out of playing for Newcastle by telling him we had the worst coaching in the country.

Actually, the quote is:

Thinking of his uncle prompts some journeying through his own career. “When I was 15, Jackie came to get me to sign for Newcastle. He said ‘You know we’ve got the worst coaching system in the league but I’ve got to ask you . . .’ But I’d already scored two goals for England schoolboys at Wembley and committed myself to Manchester United.

Guest taff2727

his daughter was shite at weather forcasting aswell,she now has a similar role as terry mac.

exeter met office, makes people laugh puts the bets on and gans to GREGGS for the lads lol.

Actually, the quote is:

Thinking of his uncle prompts some journeying through his own career. “When I was 15, Jackie came to get me to sign for Newcastle. He said ‘You know we’ve got the worst coaching system in the league but I’ve got to ask you . . .’ But I’d already scored two goals for England schoolboys at Wembley and committed myself to Manchester United.

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/8821/411fy9gd9mlss500dl3.jpg

This is a good read

Guest taff2727

Actually, the quote is:

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/8821/411fy9gd9mlss500dl3.jpg

This is a good read

can it be purchased in braile do you know?

you said you were sure in your first post,make ya bliddy mind up man lol

It was quite a while ago, I think I'm probably confusing two games because the game I seem to remember was early to mid 70's while Milburn had his testimonial years earlier and Bobby definitely played in that game, so did Jack. 

He was born a Geordie & will die a Geordie regardless of which football team he supports now.

ashington= geordie,i think not

whats a taff then

Guest thenorthumbrian

I like Jackie he always comes across as a much more down to earth character than Bobby but as a manager he was dedicated to the long ball game as much as big fat sam.

I like Jackie he always comes across as a much more down to earth character than Bobby but as a manager he was dedicated to the long ball game as much as big fat sam.

aye he was here,sheff wed and eire but not at boro

I didnt really know who he was until i watched this 'geordie', born in the same town as me, celebrate Man Utd beating us to the title in 96 live on Sky Sports. Didn't like him after I saw that, dont like him now.