Real Madrid question.

Menace

Not NUFC related but I need to know this.

Right, my brother's birthday in 3 weeks, and he likes watching Real play, since he splashed out close to £350 for my birthday I guess I need to do this to him.

So questions:

How much am I looking to spend for a 1 ticket to Madrid, from Gatwick, for 2 days, hotel, and a ticket to a Real match.

Cheers.

I know the season's finished, but I'll wait for the new fixtures to be released then book something.

Lastminute.com do a package of a night in a hotel plus a ticket to the game, you will have to wait for next seasons fixture list to go up though as the price will depend on the opposition.

Here's the link if you want to bookmark it, it's got a page for Real Madrid packages that will fill up when the fixture list is out.

http://www.lastminute.com/site/entertainment/sport?intcmp=going_out_bottom_pods_sport

Book marked, cheers, how much is it roughly?

It depends what game and where you sit, around the £150 mark at a guess but I'm not really sure.

You will have to sort your flights out separately and they get the match ticket delivered to the reception at your hotel iirc..

paid 5 euros to watch Real at the Bernebau a few seasons or so back.............probably cuz they rarely sell out their lower profile Champions League games. Saying that, I wouldn`t call the game I watched that low profile - Real Madrid - Porto.

Apparently the CL tickets still go for as low as that according to some people I know. Seats can be up in the heavens of course but if it`s not a sell out you simply move further down and find a good seat which is what I did (in my case a couple tiers down :lol: )

I don`t think the foreign fans are as stupid as us paying through the nose to watch some CL games

What did he buy you for your birthday?

PS3 with game.

Nice, lucky you. Hate only having younger brothers, the only thing I got for my birthday was a handrawn picture of myself  :angry:

Even had to buy them a computer game the day after my birthday! Those little bastards

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/6739/afmlismyhndne2.th.jpg

cant really see it very clearly....looks to me like some bloke wearing glasses and molesting a dog.

is there something u need to confess?

For flights alone you can get free flights and just pay £5 tax. I fly to Madrid quite alot and the most I tend to pay for a return to Madrid is about £30.

is that one of the no frills carriers? I take it the airports are nowhere near Madrid? Ryanair are the worst......I once flew to Frankfurt Hahn.....but the airport was 2 hours outside Frankfurt near the luxembourg border! (my fault for not researching it beforehand but to call their airport `Frankfurt` was taking the pi$$ on top of having to pay 30 euro return for the bus trip to get to Frankfurt - would`ve been almost the same price taking  a proper airline :rant:)

For flights alone you can get free flights and just pay £5 tax. I fly to Madrid quite alot and the most I tend to pay for a return to Madrid is about £30.

is that one of the no frills carriers? I take it the airports are nowhere near Madrid? Ryanair are the worst......I once flew to Frankfurt Hahn.....but the airport was 2 hours outside Frankfurt near the luxembourg border! (my fault for not researching it beforehand but to call their airport `Frankfurt` was taking the pi$$ on top of having to pay 30 euro return for the bus trip to get to Frankfurt - would`ve been almost the same price taking  a proper airline :rant:)

Ryanair and Jet2 fly to Madrid Barajas according to their sites.

Jet2 will probably fly from Leeds/Bradford as that's their HQ I think.

Aye they do. Leeds Bradford is a dogshit airport like. Ryanair fly from East Mids & L'pool.

Madrid has two airports I think, but I've only ever been to one. Just a short taxi ride into the city. Funny enough I use Ryanair, but I've not really had the problems you've talked about - but then again I only really fly to Spain to see people out there.

EDIT

Just checked it and Madrid Barajas (Madrid International Airport) is 12km from the town centre.

What did he buy you for your birthday?

PS3 with game.

Nice, lucky you. Hate only having younger brothers, the only thing I got for my birthday was a handrawn picture of myself  :angry:

Even had to buy them a computer game the day after my birthday! Those little bastards

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/6739/afmlismyhndne2.th.jpg

Couldn't you just draw them a picture of a computer game?

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o169/bovine_blue/gtaiv.jpg