Be honest - are you worried?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can speak for myself, thank you.

http://www.global-b2b-network.com/direct/dbimage/50294702/Handbag.jpg

You should get two as it might help you keep balance on your skateboard better.

Guest optimistic nit

in keegan we've got a manager who thinks with his heart, not his head, which mirrors most football fans tbh. i don't think this is neccicarially a bad thing, but i think it means we'll have a bloody stressful period until things hopefully start running a bit smoother.

a lot of managers would not speak out if they feel there are problems, but keegan will. it'll give us a lot of bad press and a few heart attacks, but overall it doesn't mean we're any worse off than any other club, but our dirty linen is part of a tracy emmen (or whatever her name is) art exibition at the moment. we know when things are not running smoothly, whereas its concealed in other clubs. it means they don't have to worry as much, but it doesn't put them in a better position.

at the end of the day chelsea and citeh seem to be in cukoo land at the moment, but how much did we hear about it until sven was about to lose his job, and grant was sacked? we seem to get wind of every dissagreement and failure at the club, but keegan hasn't resigned yet, or been sacked, it hasn't even been talked about, compare that to chelsea and citeh.

also, when you look at the clubs ahead of us, everton, villa, citeh, pompey and blackburn have signed nobody so far. like us. most of these clubs may well have less to spend than us, despite being in a much better position, but this really does seem like a long term job here.

you look at clubs like villa and blackburn, who have a very good chance to break top 4, but have never indicated thus far that they are willing to spend any meanigful sum of money, and could be losing their star players this transfer window.

what concerns me the most is our wage bill atm. we must be wasting 250 to 300 K/W on players who i don't want to be starting next season, or in our squad. until that is sorted out, i cant see us being able to challenge clubs without those massive amounts of cash being wasted. also we have players who are useful, but are on too much money for their use, but that will just have to stay like that imo, as its pretty much the rest of the squad bar maybe 2 or 3.

i do think its not running smoothly at the toon, and it has to be sorted out before June in my opinion, as we want to start running effectively as soon as possible. we need to sign experienced players, but we also need players for the next 10 years. if keegan wants one and the board wants the other (understandable, because keegan's future is only assured for 3 years, but ashley, wise and vetere could be here for a decade or more) then why not have two seperate budgets for the two of them? keegan can chase the players he wants for the first team now, and wise and vetere can concentrate on the next big thing. at the end of the day keegan needs to have final say over where to spend our transfer budget, but if we sign players for the next 3 years alone, then we're going to be in this situation in 3 years time, with a lot of players we don't need anymore on wages we can't afford.

i don't for a second believe that we only have 20 million to spend, we were not going to blow our whole budget on modric. our transfer budget is likely to be flexible, depending on who we can find, as it should be.

in keegan we've got a manager who thinks with his heart, not his head, which mirrors most football fans tbh. i don't think this is neccicarially a bad thing, but i think it means we'll have a bloody stressful period until things hopefully start running a bit smoother.

a lot of managers would not speak out if they feel there are problems, but keegan will. it'll give us a lot of bad press and a few heart attacks, but overall it doesn't mean we're any worse off than any other club, but our dirty linen is part of a tracy emmen (or whatever her name is) art exibition at the moment. we know when things are not running smoothly, whereas its concealed in other clubs. it means they don't have to worry as much, but it doesn't put them in a better position.

at the end of the day chelsea and citeh seem to be in cukoo land at the moment, but how much did we hear about it until sven was about to lose his job, and grant was sacked? we seem to get wind of every dissagreement and failure at the club, but keegan hasn't resigned yet, or been sacked, it hasn't even been talked about, compare that to chelsea and citeh.

also, when you look at the clubs ahead of us, everton, villa, citeh, pompey and blackburn have signed nobody so far. like us. most of these clubs may well have less to spend than us, despite being in a much better position, but this really does seem like a long term job here.

what concerns me the most is our wage bill atm. we must be wasting 250 to 300 K/W on players who i don't want to be starting next season, or in our squad. until that is sorted out, i cant see us being able to challenge clubs without those massive amounts of cash being wasted. also we have players who are useful, but are on too much money for their use, but that will just have to stay like that imo, as its pretty much the rest of the squad bar maybe 2 or 3.

i do think its not running smoothly at the toon, and it has to be sorted out before June in my opinion, as we want to start running effectively as soon as possible. we need to sign experienced players, but we also need players for the next 10 years. if keegan wants one and the board wants the other (understandable, because keegan's future is only assured for 3 years, but ashley, wise and vetere could be here for a decade or more) then why not have two seperate budgets for the two of them? keegan can chase the players he wants for the first team now, and wise and vetere can concentrate on the next big thing. at the end of the day keegan needs to have final say over where to spend our transfer budget, but if we sign players for the next 3 years alone, then we're going to be in this situation in 3 years time, with a lot of players we don't need anymore on wages we can't afford.

i don't for a second believe that we only have 20 million to spend, we were not going to blow our whole budget on modric. our transfer budget is likely to be flexible, depending on who we can find, as it should be.

Who's to say Keegan will play the players Vetere spots over his signings?

Guest optimistic nit

when i say players for the future, i mean sub 18. keegan won't need to, it's just like a young geordie comiing through the ranks, keegan doens't control the selecting of players for the academy, so why should he control it for overseas?

obviously, if there is a possibility that they could make an impact in the first team this season, then keegan should and would have the power to say know. you seem to have it in your skull that keegan is some immature little kid, but he's not.  the budgets will be seperate, so if keegan says no to a player that vetere signs it would not change the amount of money he has at his disposal to sign the players he wants, so there would be no reason for keegan to say no to a good buy, in the unlikely event that he is dragging his heels.

it looks like i'm saying vetere & wise and keegan should work seperately, but i'm not. they should work together, but if there is any problem's regarding a difference in opinions between them then there should be two budgets, one for players who will make an immediate impact, and one for players who may take time to gel (including youth).

If there is problems then I think the best thing the club can do is bite the bullet and move Keegan on if they think this Marcelino chap will work better with their plans.

Not worried one bit, it's all a load of bollocks

I'd like to believe you Mick but I'll buy nothing until I hear it from someone who knows the gossip column compiler at the Daily Star.

If there is problems then I think the best thing the club can do is bite the bullet and move Keegan on if they think this Marcelino chap will work better with their plans.

Got to give Keegan at least a summer and season to see how things work out iyam, although I can understand that might not be possible regarding transfers and future plans etc.

I don't believe that story for one second though.

I honestly think what Baggio is saying is not far from the truth.

The club seems to be pulling in different directions and i'm not sure if the current lot can sort themselves out. There's always been tensions, always been signs and always been a lot of smoke. Maybe KK jumped too quickly into accepting the job to return, thinking with his heart and didn't realise he's dealing with a very strong willed businessman, not a football man and someone with different ideas to his own even if the outcome they both want is the same.

Time will tell, but i'm not 100% sure the club is running how we want and need it to be.

Edit: Concerned, mostly about the working relationships within the club

An excellent summary of what many think is wrong at the club, and probably closest to the mark - an interesting few months is in store ; 'interesting' as in the Chinese back-handed well-wish 'May you live in Interesting Times'.....

I'd agree with this, Marcelino FTW. :thup:

You're not serious? ???

I'd like to believe you Mick but I'll buy nothing until I hear it from someone who knows the gossip column compiler at the Daily Star.

I had to get a taxi back from dropping my car off for a service and the driver said it was bollocks, that's good enough for me.

Well said mate, It good to know I'm not the only one not taken in by this sentimental bullshit.

:lol:

Love how when we're searching for a manager, every little detail of their career is scrutinized but now we've got a manager who is proven at NUFC, it's taken nothing more than "apparently this bloke who came sixth in Spain is available" and he's the ideal bloke for the job and enough to sack Keegan off.  bluelaugh.gif

You're not serious? ???

Hard to say, I have been drinking heavily. :lol:

Seriously though, I'm not sure I would be able to see the value in carrying on the relationship if the two sides are on a completely wavelength. My gut instinct though is that the problems are minor and that both sides will work things out and find a common direction to take. How that works out in the long term is anyone's guess but it's surely the best course of action to take for now, as long as the problems aren't absolutely critical.

It's not sentimentality Baggio, it's more wishing for at least a bit of stability.

PS - your other post was funnier. ;)

I was reading it back after I posted it and thought "Something doesn't sound right there" :lol:

Seriously though, I'm not sure I would be able to see the value in carrying on the relationship if the two sides are on a completely wavelength. My gut instinct though is that the problems are minor and that both sides will work things out and find a common direction to take. How that works out in the long term is anyone's guess but it's surely the best course of action to take for now, as long as the problems aren't absolutely critical.

I agree with that, I also think that they have got issues and also I think they are minor.

You're not serious? ???

Don't back out now man. :lol: