Be honest - are you worried?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

this is mint, whole thing reminds me of when keegan was appointed and broadly speaking there was a camp saying "hold on a minute, what about the fact he's been out of football for 3 years etc..." and the other camp saying "king kev won't let us doon man, shut up and you'll see, nowt to worry aboot"

when we went into the 9 game run without a win a few people must have been wavering, and i'll bet we get the same again this summer unless some transfers are concluded quickly

i personally questioned when keegan was appointed for a number of reasons and i'm doing the same now - it's all hearsay and hyperbole but i honestly think there must be something going at the club, NOT because we've not signed 6 players in may but because it seems to me the clubs new very public policy of aiming for up and comers only doesn't seem to sit well with keegans established PL players chelp

people here seem to think it'll work itself out, i'm not so sure - there's no win for either side (if you see it that way) if they cede to the other...keegans a manager and he'll sit back until he gets the players he WANTS, wise etc... will want to show what they're about, if they just let keegan sign campbell/henry or whoever he's targetted then where does it leave them?

in an egoless world this wouldn't be an issue, but that's not where we live is it?

What they have to do is compromise, meet in the middle... Keegan gets a couple of prem experienced players and wise and company bring in a few youngsters.

Where's that application form? Just call me Mr Mort from now!!

Guest Vigge

We have to bear in mind a lot of people want to see KK fail. Sad fuckers that they are and mainly from the media. This combined with MA's enemies in the City means our media footprint will continue to be mixed to put it politely. The media and certain elements of the football freternity like to have things in nice neat packages, they can re-sell to the public, KK coming back and taking center stage with his romantic and imo mostly correct observations has thrown the cat amongst the pidgeons.

Stay as you are Keegler.

Spot on this. Cant be promise I wont be hysterical in Agust though without any activity in the transfermarket :)

Maybe my memory is going somewhat, but wasn't Keegans 90's team built around a mix of established (Beardsley, Killer etc) and young upcomers (Cole, Lee, Gillespie)?

The same will happen now and happens in all successful teams

yeah, yeah...keegans always brought through the odd youngster (not sure how young bobby lee was mind?) but it's a different thing when you're not (perhaps) being given 100% choice about matters

what i'm saying is if keegans list has a load of people like SWP/Dunne and so forth on it and the 3 people charged with transfers reply not with "we'll go out and get him Kev" but "don't you want to look at this kid, same deal but he's younger and cheaper?"

THEN you're gonna have a problem

keegans old school man - you see ferguson having that system imposed on him? (or martin o'neill for that matter?)  neither do i, he wants tevez and he doesn't give a fuck what it costs to get him

I've been away from the net from a while, can someone fill me in with what I'm either supposed to be, or not, worried about?  :blush:

Transfer policy mainly.  We are pretty much all living in fear that Keegan doesn't have enough iinput into the transfers.  From what I know Keegan gave a list to Wise and Wise isn't going for those players, he's scouting random young foreign players.  Oh and we've now got a 21 year old scout and no chairman and there are rumours about that Keegan is going to be replaced by Marcelino although I don't believe that.

Maybe my memory is going somewhat, but wasn't Keegans 90's team built around a mix of established (Beardsley, Killer etc) and young upcomers (Cole, Lee, Gillespie)?

The same will happen now and happens in all successful teams

yeah, yeah...keegans always brought through the odd youngster (not sure how young bobby lee was mind?) but it's a different thing when you're not (perhaps) being given 100% choice about matters

what i'm saying is if keegans list has a load of people like SWP/Dunne and so forth on it and the 3 people charged with transfers reply not with "we'll go out and get him Kev" but "don't you want to look at this kid, same deal but he's younger and cheaper?"

THEN you're gonna have a problem

keegans old school man - you see ferguson having that system imposed on him? (or martin o'neill for that matter?)  neither do i, he wants tevez and he doesn't give a f*** what it costs to get him

Lee was hardly a youngster when he came to SJP - he was 26, nearly 27...

KK was lucky in that he had 3 decent youngsters already at the club when he came as manager in Feb 92 - Robbie Elliott, Steve Watson and Lee Clark ; Watson and Elliott had already had quite a few games under Ardiles, but were still teenagers - had they not suffered from a succession of injuries(esp Elliott) they could both have played for England.

Cole was 21 when KK signed him and there were very few young players either signed by the club(Huckerby was one , and left for Coventry just before KK resigned in 97)or came through the ranks afterwards....most signings were mature players(Ferdinand, Shearer, Ginola, Peacock, Barton, Beardsley, et)c.

IF the club are emphasising that they want youth bringing in, it would seem to me that there IS potential for conflict with KK and the powers above. That is why I will await developments over the next few months before passing any definite opinion about where the club is going.

Guest diddimz

tad apprehenisve at the minute, but feel that it will work out alrit. Whether its for the best or not, we will know exactly how keegan is feeling most of the time, and have a good idea of what he knows. Might not look good in the press, but at least we wont have the uncertainty that other managers seem to have.