June 16th new fixtures released -

SUPERTOON

Only 12 grand, eh? :lol:

Even with club authorisation it'd be a waste of £435. I mean who can't find the fixtures if they want to anyway?

Eggs. Fucking. Hactly.

I want a Home opener and a Boxing Day home please. It's been ages since we've had the latter

Very difficult because Police request no NUFC derby on Boxing Day, while other clubs state that they don't want their fans to have to travel to us on that date.

Even with club authorisation it'd be a waste of £435. I mean who can't find the fixtures if they want to anyway?

Eggs. f***ing. Hactly.

It's not about posting the fixtures though is it. It's about not being able to say "I think we'll beat X, Y & Z at home but lose to A & B away, maybe sneaking a draw at C".

Not saying the site should pay it, just saying why it's such a pain. I'd like to think supporters and websites such as this for all clubs would be able to get together and try and make a noise about it. If the media got behind it and made everyone aware of how pathetic the PL's actions on this are, I think they'd back down to avoid the negative publicity of exposing how stupidly officious they're being. I'm sure it can't be legally right what they're doing either, it's just the fact that the mere threat of legal action causes ISPs to piss their pants and close sites down.

In an ideal world you're right, the problem is it's been tried before and nothing's happened. Considering the number of media outlets paying and the money involved, I don't think it's something they want to give up.

Eggs. f***ing. Hactly.

It's not about posting the fixtures though is it. It's about not being able to say "I think we'll beat X, Y & Z at home but lose to A & B away, maybe sneaking a draw at C".

Not saying the site should pay it, just saying why it's such a pain. I'd like to think supporters and websites such as this for all clubs would be able to get together and try and make a noise about it. If the media got behind it and made everyone aware of how pathetic the PL's actions on this are, I think they'd back down to avoid the negative publicity of exposing how stupidly officious they're being. I'm sure it can't be legally right what they're doing either, it's just the fact that the mere threat of legal action causes ISPs to piss their pants and close sites down.

Absolutely spot on UV. I'm not legal eagle but I have my doubts that their copyright would stand up in a court of law. If someone had the will and the money to challenge it, they would stand a good chance of getting the court to rule in their favour.

That said, this forum is completely over the top about it. I'm still aghast that someone would remove my fictious part fixture list for a fixture list that hasn't even been published yet !!!! Sure the PL would win that case if they were stupid enough to take any action over it !!