What's going on?

Parky

It would be nice to hear a few comments from KK tho'.  Even if it was just looking forward to training/ the new season type stuff.  I think next week will be the bigee - Oliver has gone on holiday this week to ensure he's rested up for all next weeks scoops

Guest Stephen927

Heart would love some confirmation of plans, but head says keep quiet and do our own thing.

Exactly the way I am.

Hopefully not discussing with the media our targets/ambitions etc will pay dividends. Of course it could go the other way, but much too early to even think about that. I've got every faith in Keegan.

It's a shame really.

I think this all draws from Keegan's words after the Chelsea defeat at the end of the season.  The feel good factor was reeturning then Keegan said what he did leaving people feeling a little deflated, which has stretched through the summer since we have not signed anyone etc.

Personally i think if he hadn't said what he said then we would be a lot happier and much more patient with the season coming up.

I just think those comments put a bit of a downer on things.

Love the bloke but starting to wish he hadn't said it.

Is it not true? Shouldn't it be a good thing that the manager knows that changes have to be made to compete?

I don't agree with the article in the OP.  The tone of the article comes across like a bubbly bairn: "I demand to know what's going on and I demand to know NOW!"  But why should the club publicise its transfer dealings and internal relations?  What good does it do?  And what can they realistically say anyway?  Is any other club providing this sort of information to their fans?  What about all the clubs who haven't signed anyone yet - do they feel the need to post regular updates about to how they're getting on? 

The only thing that really matters is who we actually sign, not who we're linked with/talking to/watching/made an offer/who identified the target/who approved it for etc.  Fair enough to demand to know what's going on if we fall short in the transfer dept but doing it after 1 or 2 days into the transfer window seems a bit silly somehow.  Maybe the fact we're all in the dark indicates that the club's transfers are actually being run properly for once.....

Agree with Kitman.

Agree with Dave.

Also, I think some of you really marginalize the positive changes that has occurred since the takeover. Apperently, we've done somegreat progress with our backroom staff, and it appears we finally have some decent scouts spread around. In addition, (NE5 won't agree with this :iamatwat: ) it seems like the Shepard era is long gone, atleast the way he conducted business decisions and communicated with the media.

I don't blame any of you for feeling a bit uncomfortable, curious or confused at the moment... hell, even I do. We've been used to the "shepard-way" of dealing, and now everything looks upside down.

Read an article on TheSun the other day (yes, their reliability is questionable) about Sir Alex Ferguson and Man Utd's transfer activities, and I think some qoutes from there might be handy:

Fergie said: “The European Championship derails transfer activity. Nothing really happens when the championships are on.

“Obviously, now that is all over, people settle down. Managers are back at their clubs and you can get some dialogue now if they are interested.

(...) People think it's easy to buy players nowadays. But it's not because money plays a big part first of all.

"Clubs with ambitions don't want to sell their best players, so it's not as easy as you'd think and we tend to look for younger ones."

Source: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1359196.ece

That being said, I agree with Dave... let's wait a couple of weeks, if nothing has happened... well then I might get slightly worried...

Come end of August and nothing has happened - hit the panic button;)

Until then, go out in the sun, get tanned, get drunk and get laid!

Guest Brazilianbob

In reality the transfer window does not run from 1st July to 31st August.  It actually runs from around 14th July to 31st August because most of the players, especially those at Euro 2008, are now on their holidays until mid July, so don't expect to see any signings of any significance until at least the end of July and maybe even after the season has actually started and in extremely protracted transfer cases, the 31st of August!!

This thread reminds me of George Orwell's "Animal Farm" as all the farm animals gather in the barn to discuss whether the pigs, having seized control of the farm, are doing a good job or not...and whether the fact the pigs have started to wear human clothes and walk on two legs is perhaps a bit of a bad sign...

The portents are not good. I wonder what we would discover if one of us took a peek through the windows of the farmhouse? Would we see Piggy Ashley behaving like the old regime? :shifty:

Guest MagFinnPie

i dont expect any bs about transfer, its enough when theres a press conference for unveiling

This thread reminds me of George Orwell's "Animal Farm" as all the farm animals gather in the barn to discuss whether the pigs, having seized control of the farm, are doing a good job or not...and whether the fact the pigs have started to wear human clothes and walk on two legs is perhaps a bit of a bad sign...

The portents are not good. I wonder what we would discover if one of us took a peek through the windows of the farmhouse? Would we see Piggy Ashley behaving like the old regime? :shifty:

:lol:

Bullseye  :lol: