Jonas Gutierrez signed from Mallorca on 5 year deal

magorific

As to who found him, I don't think it's relevant beyond being a point of mild interest. It's hardly a secret that Wise and Jiminez are there to help identify players so if they've identified Gutierrez then well done to them. The key point is that Keegan has the final say.

Bang on.

Absolutely, the scenario probably works like this. KK doesn't do a lot of scouting himslef. TBH why would he, he has enough on his plate. Wise and Jiminez and their team probably do the looking around to identify talent. Once identified they'll maybe even make contact wth the selling club before KK even is involved, they'll want a handle on his availability and a price. Once they are armed with all the information they probably pass that on to KK, who will then want to do a little research himself maybe scout him or send out Terry Mc or even just watch a video. He'll then say yeah or nay to Dennis and Tony, who should it be a yeah will follow through to try and close out the deal. Obiviously with Jonas it was a bit of a no brainer because of his contract situation.

To me this sounds like a good system and hats off to Wise and Jiminez for identifying this one, lets hope there's more where this one came from.

Guest sahara

so glad i got my shirt printed the day the squad numbers were confirmed :D

amazing debut, really looking forward to him ripping apart bolton on saturday :D

So why does he have Jonas on the back of his shirt rather than Gutierrez?

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1367459,00.html

ARGENTINE summer signing Jonas Gutierrez will wear his Christian name on the back of his shirt when he makes his Magpie debut at Manchester United on Sunday.

Instead of "Gutierrez", the former Real Mallorca man will sport "Jonas" above his squad number 18.

And, when asked by nufc.co.uk as to the reason behind the name change, the 25-year-old simply replied: "Because I like my name."

That's good enough for us, Jonas ....

Legend.

I uploaded my match comp, search his full name on youtube and it's about halfway down the first page ;)

The music is fucking wank :lol:

:lol: Cracked up when some squirrel came in at 1.05 and repeated the bloke. Good vid though. O0