Jonas Gutierrez signed from Mallorca on 5 year deal

magorific

I wasnt able to see the game today but from hearing Alvin Martin say good things about him on Talksport and reading the posts about him in the thread, I am very excited about him and his season ahead.

Sounds quality.

Cracking player, didn't expect him to be that impressive straight off if at all.

Well done to the lad, instantly likeable character as well.

mike riley even liked him

Guest Howaythetoon

He's different isn't he? Today whenever he got on the ball I was confident he'd do something/not give it away. Haven't been that way with a player of ours for a long time.

This is a special player. Not only bags of skill and pace but lion-hearted with it. It's a long time since Andy Gary has kissed a Newcastle player's arse but he was forced to pucker up a couple of times today.

I am looking forward to seeing the lad when he isn't again one of if not the best defence in the league.

Aye, all the talk about Man Utd's missing players ignores the fact that was their first choice back four last season.

I am looking forward to seeing the lad when he isn't again one of if not the best defence in the league.

Aye, all the talk about Man Utd's missing players ignores the fact that was their first choice back four last season.

Why let facts get in the way of the media's drivel?

Who brought Jonas to the club?

On the BBC website. Keegan says in the interview that Wise and Jimenez told him that they'd signed him up before he knew who he was, and he had to look him up.

Who gives a toss who signs the players, let KK do what he's good at.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Look peeps, on a deal like that argentinian international, minimal fee, top talent does it matter who brings them in, its a no brainer.

Who brought Jonas to the club?

On the BBC website. Keegan says in the interview that Wise and Jimenez told him that they'd signed him up before he knew who he was, and he had to look him up.

Who gives a toss who signs the players, let KK do what he's good at.

That suggests to me that they spotted the chance to do the Webster thing and jumped at it.