Jonas Gutierrez signed from Mallorca on 5 year deal

magorific

Argentinian media reporting that Jonas won't lay for Argentina again until his dispute with Velez is resolved fully.  Stick Newcastle into Google Spain and there are lots of links (i'm not very savvy tho' so can't post them here!)

I should have cut the T.V logo out, though there are other videos out there with skysport logos in the corner.

Mine had the TV logo cropped out + The red button cropped out. And it was a bit of a mish mash, with under a minute of footage -- still got pulled. Pretty odd like. Oh well.

Argentinian media reporting that Jonas won't lay for Argentina again until his dispute with Velez is resolved fully.  Stick Newcastle into Google Spain and there are lots of links (i'm not very savvy tho' so can't post them here!)

good good, less chance of him getting injured/missing games from travelling

http://www.clarin.com/diario/2008/08/21/deportes/d-01742427.htm

Gutierrez: "I'm calm"

By: Minsk, Belarus. Special Envoy

Jonas Gutierrez had been the surprise that Basile had prepared for the final clash with Brazil, from 0 to 0 in MINEIRA. Faced with Belarus, the man now of Newcastle in England again appear among the holders of Argentina. Does your last game with the blue and white for a long time? It is not known: the Executive Committee of the AFA ordered on Tuesday that it may not be reconvened until Selection to resolve their conflict with Velez.

Upon completion of his loan at Mallorca in Spain, the steering wheel long trance should return to the club Liniers. But, authorized by the FIFA, arranged with Newcastle and he went to England.

"My behavior is backed legally. I'm very calm with my conscience because di all the steps correctly and something the Fifa gave me the reason," he told Clarin to Gutierrez in Minsk.

Beyond that issue, the player who started yesterday by Carrilero left and then moved to the right to stop rises Omelyanchuk, is consistent with its present.

"It's my third chance in the selection after the games that I played play against Australia and Brazil. Each call I took a test and look forward to approval."

Then, Jonah added: "I supported the last year and a half working in Majorca, and that I am very grateful to Hector Cuper and Gregorio Manzano, the technicians who taught me and helped me. Now, in English soccer, the ball comes and goes and the game does not have much development in the middle of the stadium as in Spain. But since debut in a temple of the Premier as Old Traford, to Manchester, and I had no problems. "

I like how he points out midfield is pretty much bypassed in England too.

That's why I think he'll become a top prem player here.  In Spain they don't use much width meaning Jonas has less opportunities  to use his pace and running. 

The nambi pambi Spaniards just pass it around until the other side get's bored and falls asleep, then they'll play in one of the strikers.

Am going blind, where did he say this?

'Now, in English soccer, the ball comes and goes and the game does not have much development in the middle of the stadium as in Spain.'

That's what I thought he was getting at.

Am going blind, where did he say this?

'Now, in English soccer, the ball comes and goes and the game does not have much development in the middle of the stadium as in Spain.'

That's what I thought he was getting at.

yeah you're right, I am officially blind....must be all the wanking  :crazy2:

I hate when people suggest that English football is all hoof and hope and other leagues football is so much better because they pass it around.

It's a load of tosh, it's not difficult to make about 50 sideways passes before final making a positive one. It doesn't make the football any purer, in fact it's probably the opposite, football is about entertaining and no league in the world is as exciting as the PL. The ball is "develeoped in midfield" as Jonas here suggests it's not, it's just done a lot faster, without the unnecessary fannying on. It's obviously pretty effective too considering the success English clubs have had through history.

I hate when people suggest that English football is all hoof and hope and other leagues football is so much better because they pass it around.

It's a load of tosh, it's not difficult to make about 50 sideways passes before final making a positive one. It doesn't make the football any purer, in fact it's probably the opposite, football is about entertaining and no league in the world is as exciting as the PL. The ball is "develeoped in midfield" as Jonas here suggests it's not, it's just done a lot faster, without the unnecessary fannying on. It's obviously pretty effective too considering the success English clubs have had through history.

Sorry that's a lot tosh right there. With the exception of the top 4 and perhaps Villa and just maybe ourselves (based on one game this season), lots of EPL clubs dont bother playing through the middle. The reason why pundits rant and rave about the way Arsenal play is because they are the exception to the rule. In La Liga, even mid table teams play the Arsenal way (though obviously with less success). How many ball playing centre backs are there in the EPL, whi can get the ball out of defence and pass teh ball to midfield. Most just hoof the ball to clear, rely on their target man striker to get the ball down and if he is good enough, get others involved.

You're also dead wrong when you suggest that the other leagues (particularly La Liga just pass the ball sideways). It's about keeping possession and passing and moving till you see an opening, that's not as easy as you suggest, painfully obvious in England game's yesterday when our midfielders (even those playing for the big 4) struggle to keep possession for any meaningful amount of time.

Yes the EPL is perhaps the most exciting league in the world but that's not because the teams play beuatiful football.

Sorry that's a lot tosh right there. With the exception of the top 4 and perhaps Villa and just maybe ourselves (based on one game this season), lots of EPL clubs dont bother playing through the middle. The reason why pundits rant and rave about the way Arsenal play is because they are the exception to the rule. In La Liga, even mid table teams play the Arsenal way (though obviously with less success). How many ball playing centre backs are there in the EPL, whi can get the ball out of defence and pass teh ball to midfield. Most just hoof the ball to clear, rely on their target man striker to get the ball down and if he is good enough, get others involved.

You're also dead wrong when you suggest that the other leagues (particularly La Liga just pass the ball sideways). It's about keeping possession and passing and moving till you see an opening, that's not as easy as you suggest, painfully obvious in England game's yesterday when our midfielders (even those playing for the big 4) struggle to keep possession for any meaningful amount of time.

Yes the EPL is perhaps the most exciting league in the world but that's not because the teams play beuatiful football.

Bollocks of the highest degree.

Great counter argument.

Great counter argument.

I thought so. But he brings up the same old shit we've heard a million and one times about how poor English football is, yet it's still hands down the way most entertaining and popular league in the world, and also not too unsuccessful.