Ashley looking for investors, not buyers

Guest Daishi

But, why would he speak to a L O C A L evening rag in London??

Compared to the Ronnie, the Standard is a major newspaper.

Having lived in Cockneyland for many (many) years - I am aware that it is an even worse local than the Chronicle.  A "major" newspaper - oh for goodness sake!!!!

Didn't mean "good" - I meant widely read.

(By more people who count in the context of his business)

There are more people living in the London area than there are living in the Newcastle area.  It is still the most awful 'local' (parochial) little rag that I have ever eaten fish and chips out of.

It thinks it is a 'national' though (because it is printed in Cockneyland)  -  and some others seem to think so too!!!!  Bizarre . . .  

Having lived in Cockneyland for many (many) years - I am aware that it is an even worse local than the Chronicle.  A "major" newspaper - oh for goodness sake!!!!

There are more people living in the London area than there are living in the Newcastle area.  It is still the most awful 'local' (parochial) little rag that I have ever eaten fish and chips out of.

It thinks it is a 'national' though (because it is printed in Cockneyland)  -  and some others seem to think so too!!!!  Bizarre . . .  

What's wrong with the Evening standard?

Guest icemanblue

WHY DOES IT MATTER?!?!?!

He spoke to a newspaper. What would it matter if it was the fucking Syrian Express?

Have a word, man.

Briefly . . .

(1) Its content.

(2) Its obsesssional parochiality (worse than most locals even).

(3) Its "pretentions" (which may well have worked on you!!)

Briefly . . .

(1) Its content.

Your talking out your arse. It's a very good London paper and it is a great waste of energy to have these faux media wars. Media companies are worth billions and have immense power. The clever thing is to manage how you deal with them and improve the way the portray the club in a positive manner. Ashley isn't very good at this to this point, but he needs to  understand this. Football clubs aren't like discount garment shops.

Guest icemanblue

I'm just glad that he personally came out and clarified this whole situation.

Exactly. The bloke can't win. Everyone has moaned on about his silence on the issue. Now that he has come clean, people moan about the paper he used. It's crazy bonkers I tells ya.

Agree, it's a start, but he needs to do a lot more of this kind of thing. With the media if you don't feed it from time to time it eats you. Personally I don't give a fuck if they eat Ashley what will bother me is if they continue to use him as a bridge to hurt the club. He needs to wake up to this.

Briefly . . .

(1) Its content.

Your talking out your arse. It's a very good London paper and it is a great waste of energy to have these faux media wars. Media companies are worth billions and have immense power. The clever thing is to manage how you deal with them and improve the way the portray the club in a positive manner. Ashley isn't very good at this to this point, but he needs to  understand this. Football clubs aren't like discount garment shops.

Oh dear.

You epitomise the London-obsessed BRAINWASHING that goes on in this country.

It is a grotty insular little rag that (lord be praised) happens to come from (lord be praised again) L O N D O N.

Braninwashing is very powerful - most of the brainwashed do not know that they are . . .

Briefly . . .

(1) Its content.

Oh dear.

It is a grotty insular little rag that (lord be praised) happens to come from (lord be praised again) L O N D O N.

Braninwashing is very powerful - most of the brainwashed do not know that they are . . .

Oh dear indeed.

Exactly. The bloke can't win. Everyone has moaned on about his silence on the issue. Now that he has come clean, people moan about the paper he used. It's crazy bonkers I tells ya.

Just to be clear, I made the point re the ES v the EC in jest, I'm a big MA fan and couldn't give a shit if our executive team (various) are based in London, infact I can see benefits in terms of convenienience for meeting agents etc.

Briefly . . .

(1) Its content.

Oh dear.

Oh dear indeed.

We agree then!!!

Taking things a bit more seriously, if he has said this (and the paper hasn't fabricated his quotes like NOTW has done once), then it's a bit worrying.

It seems, to me, to be him saying that he hasn't got enough money to help us push up and challenge for the top 4, and our only way of doing it will be through signing young players and developing them.

Again, I stress that this highly contingent on the fact that he's said this for real and other quotes (which would change the context) haven't been cut out. But if it's true, then it's something that worries me because we'll end up being a yo-yo team like Everton, a decent-good team that just doesn't have enough cash to make the necessary investments in the squad.

Briefly . . .

(1) Its content.

Oh dear.

Oh dear indeed.

We agree then!!!

No. But that's the fun.

At some point we're going to have to cut deals with the London media as I'm sure you realise. For me the club is a brand with world wide potential and part of that project will include taking the media with us.

Taking things a bit more seriously, if he has said this (and the paper hasn't fabricated his quotes like NOTW has done once), then it's a bit worrying.

It seems, to me, to be him saying that he hasn't got enough money to help us push up and challenge for the top 4, and our only way of doing it will be through signing young players and developing them.

Again, I stress that this highly contingent on the fact that he's said this for real and other quotes (which would change the context) haven't been cut out. But if it's true, then it's something that worries me because we'll end up being a yo-yo team like Everton, a decent-good team that just doesn't have enough cash to make the necessary investments in the squad.

I've no idea what his plans are, but it doesn't say that to me at all. ???

That seems to be the case.  I get upset with 'many' who accept that this is ok.  Not long ago I did not know anyone who accepted that. Now (on here anyway) you have to talk with acceptence of mediocrity on here, otherwise you are cast as a fool.

Looking for investors is pure common sense I don't read it any other way. More ammo the better imo.

So what do you think he means then? Especially the 'the seat I'm in is costly' remark?

To me anyway, it's him saying he hasn't got enough cash. And if he hasn't got enough cash, what then? It'd fit in with the way we're overhauling our academy and also the noises about us modeling the club on Arsenal (who also rarely spend big money).

Looking for investors is pure common sense I don't read it any other way. More ammo the better imo.

Agreed.

Briefly . . .

(1) Its content.

Oh dear.

Oh dear indeed.

We agree then!!!

No. But that's the fun.

At some point we're going to have to cut deals with the London media as I'm sure you realise. For me the club is a brand with world wide potential and part of that project will include taking the media with us.

The parochial London Media (working for the so called 'Nationals') YES.

A local rag for cockneyland  -  NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have the cash, why would you need investors? Serious question btw. Seems to me that you only need investors if you lack a bit of £££. Chelsea don't any, neither do Portsmouth, and similarly Man Utd don't.... however, Liverpool do.

Guest icemanblue

If you have the cash, why would you need investors? Serious question btw. Seems to me that you only need investors if you lack a bit of £££. Chelsea don't any, neither do Portsmouth, and similarly Man Utd don't.... however, Liverpool do.

And you know that for certain?

Briefly . . .

(1) Its content.

Oh dear.

Oh dear indeed.

We agree then!!!

No. But that's the fun.

The parochial London Media (working for the so called 'Nationals') YES.

A local rag for cockneyland  -  NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

London is practically the center of world finance and investment vehicles, anything printed and read by a million Londoners on their way home from work in the city is important to us IMO.