Football Coaching

Guest Stephen927

Guest Stephen927

Does the badges cost anything? And when it comes to the actual management are you given or club or do you have to find one.

Level 1 is £40 I think.

Found this on Google, decent guide to the badges.

Level 1– very young ‘kids’, Sunday league adults. Level 1 focuses on organised fun

Level 2 – age 8+ any ability level. Focuses more on coaching technique, also an introduction into coaching phases of play

Level 3 – 16+ you could be coaching a high age group in an academy or maybe a coach of a non-league side nearer the bottom end of the scale

Level 4 – you are highly likely to be a pro coach now. With a high rep you could be at a prem club (highly unlikely). You could become an academy director/manager or a manger of a low non-league side

Pro-licence – should only be taken if you’re going to be a manager at a very high level

Guest Stephen927

Im tempted to do the pro license meself.

If Level 1 is £40 I can see pro license being a fair bit?

Would be better to work your way up, can see pro license being quite difficult tbh.

Guest Geordie_Paul

I got my Level 1 for nowt at Cowgate leisure centre, was part of my coaching course at college though, like an added extra that came up during the year :)

level 1 is £110, you then have to go away and do AT LEAST 16 hours of logged coaching before they'll even let you on the the level 2 course. they advise that you do about 60 hours though as its quite a jump from level 1 to 2. level 2 is around £300

Guest Heneage

Im tempted to do the pro license meself.

If Level 1 is £40 I can see pro license being a fair bit?

Would be better to work your way up, can see pro license being quite difficult tbh.

I did mean by stages mate. :)

Got level two and doing level3 (UEFA B) this year, also got to level 2 GK as well

Level one is straight forward (basic football), as long as you've got the confidence to go and stand in front of a crowd of people and show them what to do.

Level two is more complicated and brings in other skills. It shows you how to develop passages of play etc. To do this one you'll really need to be coaching a team and for some parts need to have access to a team of about 14 yrs +.

Level 3 is a whole different ball game.

I coach a team of u11's and it's excellent, really puts the over paid pricks we pay to watch in their place.

In terms of coaching....you could get by with your L1, as long as you keep learning and trying to adjust the sessions. Try and make new exercises up as well. A good place to go is one (or more than one) club academy. As long as you try keep developing things and try to get the kids to make their own decisions instead of telling them what to do all of the time, then it's one of the best things you can do, really good stuff.