Middlesbrough - Surprise package?

Decky

One game means nothing, there squad seems to be weaker than last season.

they will finish 13th-20th, and this isnt good.

average crowds no doubt, they even give teams the full stand to try and boost the attendence every week  :laugh:

Out of interest why do you think the squad seems weaker?

Compared to last season:

Keeper is gone, Luke Young is gone, Rochemback is gone

Keeper replacement Brad Jones is not good. - worse than Mark S

Justin Hoyte is a decent rightback with potential and youth - equal to Young

George Boateng is gone. But he didn't have a good season last season. Didier Digard played well against Spurs.

Fabio Rochemback wasn't an important player to Boro so his departure is insignificant. Shawky seems alright - at least equal to Rochemback.

Alfonso Alves is bound to improve.

Mido is bound to play more.

Both Tuncay and Aliadere are mildly talented players and both had low key last seasons. They are bound to improve.

Robert Huth is bound to play more, and from the few games he had played he seems quite a good defender.

David Wheater is bound to improve on top of last season good performance.

Gary O'Neill played well in the middle against Spurs.

Stewart Downing is still the productive usual self - and Boro aren't letting him go.

Gareth Southgate is bound to improve too! Judging from his transfer dealing and tactical deployment he is indeed improving.

And how about Marvin Emnes - he is meant to be talented. Lest we forget Julio Arca, a talented versatile player.

Mid to upper table is where Boro belong this season.

:fwap:

One game means nothing, there squad seems to be weaker than last season.

they will finish 13th-20th, and this isnt good.

average crowds no doubt, they even give teams the full stand to try and boost the attendence every week  :laugh:

Out of interest why do you think the squad seems weaker?

Compared to last season:

Keeper is gone, Luke Young is gone, Rochemback is gone

Keeper replacement Brad Jones is not good. - worse than Mark S

Justin Hoyte is a decent rightback with potential and youth - equal to Young

George Boateng is gone. But he didn't have a good season last season. Didier Digard played well against Spurs.

Fabio Rochemback wasn't an important player to Boro so his departure is insignificant. Shawky seems alright - at least equal to Rochemback.

Alfonso Alves is bound to improve.

Mido is bound to play more.

Both Tuncay and Aliadere are mildly talented players and both had low key last seasons. They are bound to improve.

Robert Huth is bound to play more, and from the few games he had played he seems quite a good defender.

David Wheater is bound to improve on top of last season good performance.

Gary O'Neill played well in the middle against Spurs.

Stewart Downing is still the productive usual self - and Boro aren't letting him go.

Gareth Southgate is bound to improve too! Judging from his transfer dealing and tactical deployment he is indeed improving.

And how about Marvin Emnes - he is meant to be talented. Lest we forget Julio Arca, a talented versatile player.

Mid to upper table is where Boro belong this season.

F-ck me your a smoggy, your dilema is which of your heads, or arses to talk out of....

Guest Mucky01

I have to agree that the smoggies are on the rise, they are slowly offloading the overpaid lazy lumps that McClaren left them with and are getting younger hungrier replacements.

I personally will miss Rochemback as he has entertained me the last few seasons – he was hilariously bad!

Guest optimistic nit

theyve won 1 game. if they are top 10 after 15 games, well see, but i see them finishing lower mid table as usual, i cant see anything else.