Entertainment

Dave

after tonights effort, i hope they won't be too tired for the game at arsenal.

Exactly.  Just shows how much we need to make some signings and sharpish.

However, I do not recall us looking this fit so early in a season before, this should help.  Its not like we have played 30 plus games.  A massive effort at Arsenal and we can get a point if not three, they have not started well at all.

Then hopefully we will have a few more players in to give a few of the lads a break.

Reflected over night and given the dross we have had to put up with over the last few years, particularly on these sort of nights against so called lower opposition, there is nothing but positives to be gained from that performance.

In previous years, with no strike force to use, we would have been well and truly humped and thus I thought it was a commendable and at times highly enjoyable performance where there were periods of play in which we actually strung passes together and our ball retention was good.  If we had a couple of good and fit strikers in that team the score would have been massively more in our favour.

3 more players and a couple back from injury and I think we have a team capabale of hurting anyone and could do very well - particularly given the improvement in our style and tactics.

I think last night was a bit generous to Coventry to be honest, I don't think it was a case of us being too gung-ho and 'we'll score loads but let in loads'. We were just on the end of a couple of soft goals that could have happen to nearly anybody.

Love the KK style as well though, it encourages players to get the ball down and move it, and that will bring the best out of the players we have. Just need maybe a bit more dynamism in the centre of midfield.

Makes me ill to think back to the Allardyce brand of non-football.