Thick as mince

Decky

Did anyone see The Observer on Sunday, the bit where they get fans of each team to comment on their performance.

The Sunderland fan said something along the lines of "I can honestly see us finishing in the top six, we're better than Villa and Man City were last season".

The first ten lines of that sentence are the most wildly optimistic bit of football fandom I've seen in years.

Did anyone see The Observer on Sunday, the bit where they get fans of each team to comment on their performance.

The Sunderland fan said something along the lines of "I can honestly see us finishing in the top six, we're better than Villa and Man City were last season".

The first ten lines of that sentence are the most wildly optimistic bit of football fandom I've seen in years.

yeah I did actually.  Had a good chuckle at that.

That sounds about right for them but they keep calling us deluded, it's pure comedy. Seriously they need to manage their own expectation better, they could be in huge danger of putting too much pressure on a squad of players that doesn't seem the type that you would want next to you in the trenches. They will be going to places like Villa, Everton, us and ManShitty expecting to get a result, they'll also expect to win the bulk of their home games.

In fairness, they actually got a result at our place last year :(

We've got a problem with teams in red and white stripes. First them, then Stoke last week. I bet we get Atletico Frigging Madrid in the UEFA cup.

To be fair to Keane, he's put a reasonable squad together, but surely their aim for this season would be mid table consolidation at best?

If someone posted a thread like this on here everyone would dismiss Sunderland players straight away - so would I. So it's understandable why they are saying the sort of things that they are. If you read through the thread though you'll notice that a number of people are actually saying that we are still better and have better players (they may be NUFC fans). The difference is though, we would never compare any of there players to be anywhere near as good as any of our players - at least I wouldn't anyway. I think the point I'm trying to make is that we know that we are better than them and they know it too.