Thick as mince

Decky

There is no doubting that the gap between us has greatly reduced this summer, which is worrying.

I don't think so. We were absolutely dogshit last season. We're no longer dogshit this season. In fact, we may even be decent.

They've gone from absolute dogshit to just mediocre.

They have improved alot I reckon, if we are not on our game we will get turned over at the SOL.

Thing is, Keano's spent something like £85 million on players so I cant see them finding much more cash over the next 3 years  which is pleasing.

There is no doubting that the gap between us has greatly reduced this summer, which is worrying.

I don't think so. We were absolutely dogshit last season. We're no longer dogshit this season. In fact, we may even be decent.

They've gone from absolute dogshit to just mediocre.

They have improved alot I reckon, if we are not on our game we will get turned over at the SOL.

Thing is, Keano's spent something like £85 million on players so I cant see them finding much more cash over the next 3 years  which is pleasing.

Look on the bright side, most of their new signings used to play for the team we've been slaugthering home and away by at least 3 goals to 1 for 2 seasons now.

Noz 6.5 Collocini 7 (Would be higher but still early days for Prem)

Yes, Coloccini is all of 0.5 better than Nosworthy. Unbelievable.

He doesn't need to prove himself in this country to be a lot, lot better than Nosworthy of all people.

They're absolutely right to suggest that the gap is a lot smaller than it has been in recent years but our first 11 is comfortably better than theirs.

Aye, the gap has closed considerably. But as you said, our first 11 is much stronger.

In terms of overall squad strength though, theres not much difference either. All their 'squad' players are just average Championship players. i.e McShane, Yorke, Wallace etc.

While our squad players are better. Even though our squad is smaller.

Guest hikickry

the fact that it isnt our actual first XI they have shown there reveals just how stupid they actually are, thick tw@ts. We have streaks more talent than the bunch of has-beens they have collated.

mackems.gif

Guest optimistic nit

some of the posts in that thread are hillarious, but the gap is closer than its been since keegan took over the first time.

we're still comfortably better than them,

Gordon < Given

Chimbo < Beye

Ferdinand < Taylor

Nos < Coloccini

Bardsley/New LB < N'Zogbia (Enrique)

Malbranque = Duff (NZog)

Tainio > Butt

Reid < Guthrie

Richardson < Gutierrez

Cisse < Martins

Diouf < Owen

is what i would say, i've been a bit lenient on NZog, assuming he can play like he did against coventry every week (he has done in the PL in the past).

as much as i laught at them saying their midfield is better than ours, if we didn't have gutierez i would have to agree. we need to replace milner, if he is sold, whether we think NZog can play there or not.

Guthrie is far from the finished article, although he is better than any mackem cm (only just) and butt needs to go.

i think that by the end of the transfer window all 11 arrows will be pointing in favour of the newcastle players, unless butt is still in the team, but now the gaps between all our players are shorter than they would have been in the past.

they've removed alot of the shit from their team, and they now have a half decent first XI and are getting over excited (similar to how we react when we play like any other good PL team because of the shit we've been watching for the last 3 years).

they could sneak into the top half this season, i'd say a finish of 14th to 15th is more likely though.

it will be much more challenging though for them to bridge the next gap. they have a decent PL team, but to get a good one will require them to replace over half their team again, and thats just to get a team capable of regulary finishing in the top 10.

they have some decent footballers now (nowt spectacular, but players who can do something in this league) and with keane they will have a lot of belief and confidence.

"My targets for us to finish above (in addition to everyone below us last season and the promoted clubs) are West Ham, Wigan and one from Portsmouth, Newcastle, Middlesbrough and Everton. I think that would place us 11th which I would regard as highly satisfactory progress." this is quite a sensible post by one of the mackems. if they did that, then it would be a very good season for them.

Guest Heneage

I think tis funny they used to lambast us for paying stupid wages, but dont mind doing it themselves now as it means they dont have to raid the championship.

Guest optimistic nit

Malbranque is definitely better than Duff, Knight.

zog in brackets i.e. i'm replacing duff with zog.

as i said, i'm being a bit kind to zog here, but on his best form (which, when playing in attacking positions, he normally shows) is equal to malbranques best form. thats assuming he could perform as a right winger, which i think he could. otherwise malbranque would get in.

Guest optimistic nit

judging by the smb comments in the forest thread i think a few mackems will be revising their opinions that nosworthy is better than taylor :lol: :lol: :lol:

They still think Cisse is better than Martins man :lol:

Bet he outscores him this season, regardless.

'He' being?

I personally think Sunderland won't be too far behind us this season. Pretty decent squad they're putting together. They were missing a goalscorer last season, and now they've got one.

Wasn't much of a goal scorer in his last Premiership stint especially considering he played for a top side at the time.  Still an improvement on Kenwyn Jones I suppose.

Guest Heneage

One idiot thinks Owen is finished. Not the player he was, but would still piss all over their defence any day of the week. :lol:

Sack would mate, he did the last time we met.

Bloody hell , they aren't even kidding, they seem to think they're midfield are world beaters, and there's not much between the two teams, one poster said owen was finished, another ranked Colo only .5 better than Nosworthy or Ferdinand.

Don't get me wrong, I think they've improved but bloody hell somehow they are going to be seriously dissapointed at the end of the season because they'll never live up to the expectations they have. A realistic target for them is 11th, but with their "world class" midfield they seem to think they are a match for anyone outside the top 4. And of course, we are the deluded ones. Oh and one poster said that they had more "paying" fans than us for the first home game of the season.