Read these quotes, doomongers

Guest sicko2ndbest

Such 'sweeping generalisations' from the head-in-the-sand types (wooops!!!)

The head in the sand comment goes both ways, Keegan and Ashley seem to be giving out a message which seems to go unnoticed by some and the quality we've brought in so far supports Keegan and Ashley.

Guest Mucky01

all good stuff except:

"But we are in a great position at this club because we have not got any deadwood.

"Some clubs are looking to move five or six on but we're now just looking to add to our squad."

deadwood: Smith & Shola – we have tried to flog them!

Much more positive than his last quotes. It's always an emotional rollercoaster with KK. However another day goes by and we are still no further forward, in fact we are a step back from where we were.

I just hope that the two he's talking about are of the standard and in the positions we are expecting.

LOUDER, than, speak, words, A C T I O N S.  (comes to mind)

particularly . . .  A  C  T  I  O  N  S . . .

Agreed. So just wait it out.

I agree, and like many of us, I have great faith in KK - but we should all be aware that this in not the same KK that we got to know years ago.  NOT because he is older and slightly less dynamic (which he is) it is because he is not the "free KK" he was under SJH.  There are a lot more constraints and limitations on his actions now - at least there would appear to be (I say that because I don't have a 'mole' at SJP, only one on my . . . ) which will prevent him from doing everything he wants now.

all good stuff except:

"But we are in a great position at this club because we have not got any deadwood.

"Some clubs are looking to move five or six on but we're now just looking to add to our squad."

deadwood: Smith & Shola we have tried to flog them!

Yeah I was going to pick up on the deadwood comment, of course he's lying through the back of his teeth but he's not going to admit that.

all good stuff except:

deadwood: Smith & Shola we have tried to flog them!

Keegan will not put his players down, he didn't with Milner and he's gone.

Guest Sniffer

If 12 mill is correct for Milner then it's a good deal providing we don't spend it on three barely average players just to pad out the squad. As I said at the end of last season just buying warm bodies will get us nowhere and just gives KK a wider choice in mediocrity to put on the bench. So far I'd say his signings have panned out well but if we'd lost the bolton game I'm not sure I'd have been as charitable.

Let's see what he does in the next couple of days.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I have massive faith in KK

I believe we will get 2-3 in and they will be improvements on what we have!

Such 'sweeping generalisations' from the head-in-the-sand types (wooops!!!)

The head in the sand comment goes both ways, Keegan and Ashley seem to be giving out a message which seems to go unnoticed by some and the quality we've brought in so far supports Keegan and Ashley.

The Keegan & Ashley quotes are not going unnoticed by some of us  -  they are not always taken at face value though.  When someone at the 'top' of an organisation says something, it is best to take some time out to think . . .  "why are they really saying that?".

The answers are not always what we want (and are intended) to believe.

So why don't you wait until the window is over before you fucking moan? Give them a chance to act before you start the ridiculously hyperbolic whining.

Remember, we just took a point from the Champions of Europe and England in their house two weeks ago. Results matter more than names.

If 12 mill is correct for Milner then it's a good deal providing we don't spend it on three barely average players just to pad out the squad. As I said at the end of last season just buying warm bodies will get us nowhere and just gives KK a wider choice in mediocrity to put on the bench. So far I'd say his signings have panned out well but if we'd lost the bolton game I'm not sure I'd have been as charitable.

Let's see what he does in the next couple of days.

I hope that the expenditure is not just the 'handy' Milner-sale money.

I think you will find NE5 wants to see quality players come into the club just as much as anyone.

correct. and tbh, i find singling him out in the thread title to be quite ridiculous. NE5, when in the mood, is quite a valuable poster on this forum, and if he weren't around there wouldn't be much banter and much to disagree about.

The Keegan & Ashley quotes are not going unnoticed by some of us  -  they are not always taken at face value though.  When someone at the 'top' of an organisation says something, it is best to take some time out to think . . .  "why are they really saying that?".

We don't have to go off the quotes and just follow like a sheep, things are changing on a regular basis and most of the changes are for the better.  If people deliver then what they say should be taken seriously.

So why don't you wait until the window is over before you f***ing moan? Give them a chance to act before you start the ridiculously hyperbolic whining.

Remember, we just took a point from the Champions of Europe and England in their house two weeks ago. Results matter more than names.

What an amazing collection of words.

Particular gems include - "give them a chance to act".  We should aim to get new players in for pre-season training, not in time for a pre-match cup of tea on the day of the 4th match of the season!!!

As for "f***ing moan".  It is time you realised that to analyse what is happening and to (simply) not praise-it-all-to-the-high-heavens, but to actually tell the truth . . . is not the same as "f***ing moaning".

I know when it comes to football and your own club in particular, it is difficult for some to get real.

But, get real.

We don't have to go off the quotes and just follow like a sheep, things are changing on a regular basis and most of the changes are for the better.  If people deliver then what they say should be taken seriously.

I agree 100% with your last sentence.

Yeah I was going to pick up on the deadwood comment, of course he's lying through the back of his teeth but he's not going to admit that.

See, it's obvious that Keegan says what serves the purpose of the moment. Everton was sniffing around Smith - suddenly Smith is a fantastic part of the dressingroom, would never sell him. Same goes for Milner - the last player I'd sell. Blah blah blah.

So why do we believe these quotes? Once again, Keegan is just saying what needs to be said. It's equivocal enough that he can back out of it if the signings don't come and it makes him look like the one calling the shots.

Gloating, for those so inclined, can wait until Tuesday.

See, it's obvious that Keegan says what serves the purpose of the moment. Everton was sniffing around Smith - suddenly Smith is a fantastic part of the dressingroom, would never sell him. Same goes for Milner - the last player I'd sell. Blah blah blah.

So why do we believe these quotes? Once again, Keegan is just saying what needs to be said. It's equivocal enough that he can back out of it if the signings don't come and it makes him look like the one calling the shots.

What is the point of 'gloating'?  We all want the same things, but some on here are more prepared than others to see the faults and limited-abilities (and to say so) of some of those who are responsible for providing us with those things.

It is called 'honesty'.

So why don't you wait until the window is over before you f***ing moan? Give them a chance to act before you start the ridiculously hyperbolic whining.

Particular gems include - "give them a chance to act".  We should aim to get new players in for pre-season training, not in time for a pre-match cup of tea on the day of the 4th match of the season!!!

As for "f***ing moan".  It is time you realised that to analyse what is happening and to (simply) not praise-it-all-to-the-high-heavens, but to actually tell the truth . . . is not the same as "f***ing moaning".

I know when it comes to football and your own club in particular, it is difficult for some to get real.

But, get real.

LOL, well put Manor, anyone not buying in completely gets this shit thrown at them all the time on here, good to see someone giving as good as he gets.

But, get real.

LOL, well put Manor, anyone not buying in completely gets this s*** thrown at them all the time on here, good to see someone giving as good as he gets.

Its a hard job at times  -  but someones gotta do it!

Thanks for the comments.

I agree with the point that what comes out of KK mouth isn't always the truth, I think we know KK well enough now to be able to read between the lines with a lot of his comments. He's old school, very much so, he'll never publically criticise any of his players, I fail to think of a single incident of him doing so. That obviously doesn't mean that he's totally happy with each of his player's contributions and value to the squad.

The recent quotes about transfers from the doom and gloom ones made post Coventry. To the way more up beat ones today suggest progress has been made over the last day or two. KK was using the press IMO to help him press his case with Ashley after the Coventry game, I'm pretty sure he wasn't certain himself whether the signings would happen. These new quotes are designed to alay fans fears with regaurd to the squad size and the recent sale. I hope he believes what he is saying himself, he may not.

Much more positive than his last quotes. It's always an emotional rollercoaster with KK. However another day goes by and we are still no further forward, in fact we are a step back from where we were.

Obviously Keegan believes we are further forward considering today's comments in comparison to the ones from last week..  Just because we haven't seen anything from it doesn't mean nothings happening.