What if.........

steve_69

What if Ashley hasn't been involved in this debacle because he's been away in the US as reported?

The Chairman of a football club is responsible for its day to day running, which could mean that Derek Lambias is the man responsible for Keegan's resignation. It's possible that the board meetings took place without Ashley presence and the damage was done before he had a chance to do anything about it.

If this was the case then the stories of Ashley trying to get KK back may be true. They've always said they have a good relationship and there seems to be a mutual respect between them.

Maybe we're targetting the wrong man.

What if Ashley hasn't been involved in this debacle because he's been away in the US as reported?

The Chairman of a football club is responsible for its day to day running, which could mean that Derek Lambias is the man responsible for Keegan's resignation. It's possible that the board meetings took place without Ashley presence and the damage was done before he had a chance to do anything about it.

If this was the case then the stories of Ashley trying to get KK back may be true. They've always said they have a good relationship and there seems to be a mutual respect between them.

Put those straws down!!

Maybe but surely he has a telephone/computer/video conerence facility??  he must have known what was going on!

But then again if i was chairman(i.e in charge)  i would be mighty pissed off if someone above me took away all my important decisions. Same situation as Keegan really!

Even if that was true, it would be a hard sell to the fans, plus many would say he didn't do enough to keep KK, such as sack Wise etc...

Surely that's the Chairman's jobs isn't it, not the owner's. The owner puts someone in charge of running the football club, that person in this case is Derek Lambias. He will therefore be responsible for the hiring and firing of all other staff won't he?

I'm pretty sure if Keegan wanted Wise and Jimenez sacked he would have to take it up with the Chairman of the football club not the owner.

The capacity for self-delusion that exists within our fan base never ceases to amaze me. That said, it's probably what also makes the Toon Army so special.  :doh:

The capacity for self-delusion that exists within our fan base never ceases to amaze me. That said, it's probably what also makes the Toon Army so special.  :doh:

Do you report directly to the owner of the company at your job or do you report to a line manager?

There is a chain of command at every comapny and it's no different at Newcastle United. What do you think he was told by Ashley 'if you have any problems report them directly to me because i've got loads of time on my hands. Forget about Lambias, he's only there to do the paperwork'.

The manager of a football club reports into the Chairman in most cases, not the owner. Why is the possible scenario i've suggested so delusion then?

What if...... all this pressure that has been mounting on Keegan was deliberate because they knew with history there was a good chance he would walk. Bringing Keegan back done its job, got fans buying season tickets again, club shop took a fortune, but now he has served his purpose and Wise can take over, or stay as DOF and his mate Poyet will be coach.

Are you living in the 50's?

There's shared responsibility there for the almighty cockup that is the last few days -- the mong behind it and the mong who appointed the mong.

Even if his involvement was of an indirect nature, Ashley has to shoulder some of this. 

Do you report directly to the owner of the company at your job or do you report to a line manager?

There is a chain of command at every comapny and it's no different at Newcastle United. What do you think he was told by Ashley 'if you have any problems report them directly to me because i've got loads of time on my hands. Forget about Lambias, he's only there to do the paperwork'.

The manager of a football club reports into the Chairman in most cases, not the owner. Why is the possible scenario i've suggested so delusion then?

We live in an age of mass communication (24 hours TV news, RSS web feeds, mobile internet, blackberries, mobile email etc).

I just find it a tad incredible to even contemplate Ashley would have had no idea what was going on back at the club, let alone that something as politically and commercially sensitive as sacking Keegan/or accepting his resignation would take place without Ashley knowing about it. 

Just wouldn't happen. Ashley may want to dissociate himself from what has happened, for reasons of personal safety/commercial interest etc, but I just don't buy it.

We live in an age of mass communication (24 hours TV news, RSS web feeds, mobile internet, blackberries, mobile email etc).

I just find it a tad incredible to even contemplate Ashley would have had no idea what was going on back at the club, let alone that something as politically and commercially sensitive as sacking Keegan/or accepting his resignation would take place without Ashley knowing about it. 

Just wouldn't happen. Ashley may want to dissociate himself from what has happened, for reasons of personal safety/commercial interest etc, but I just don't buy it.

Spot on.

RING RING...

"Mike its Derek"

"whats up?"

"erm big blow up with Kevin over transfers and I have sacked him"

"HITS THE FKN ROOF - I out you in charge get this fucking sorted out, do what it takes but get him back"

"what erm but Mike ehh,"

"JUST FUCKING DO IT, I'll be back Friday it better be sorted by then"

Does anyone really think it went like that? I am sure he will have spoken to Keegan on Tuesday, if not late on Monday night..

If he does then he is a total disaster of an owner and completly the wrong man to take NUFC forward!

I'm not saying he didn't know anything about it but Newcastle United is only one of his companies. His bread and butter comes from running a billion dollar business portfolio. If any of you think he is present at every Newcastle United board meeting then you are the delusional ones.

I'm sure he knew what was going on but what i'm not sure about is how much influence he was able to have over proceedings if he wasn't present.

Sports Direct will always be Mike Ashley's priority because that's where his money comes from. If he was involved in a meeting to do with Sports Direct and he received a phonecall from Lambias about his bust up with Keegan, he's more likley to have said 'you sort it out for now, i'll be back asap' by which time things could've reached breaking point.

He's a businessman who happens to own Newcastle United. We are not his primary concern.

If he does then he is a total disaster of an owner and completly the wrong man to take NUFC forward!

Despite what people think they know about him, we actually know very little at all. He remains an enigma.

I'm not saying he didn't know anything about it but Newcastle United is only one of his companies. His bread and butter comes from running a billion dollar business portfolio. If any of you think he is present at every Newcastle United board meeting then you are the delusional ones.

I'm sure he knew what was going on but what i'm not sure about is how much influence he was able to have over proceedings if he wasn't present.

Sports Direct will always be Mike Ashley's priority because that's where his money comes from. If he was involved in a meeting to do with Sports Direct and he received a phonecall from Lambias about his bust up with Keegan, he's more likley to have said 'you sort it out for now, i'll be back asap' by which time things could've reached breaking point.

He's a businessman who happens to own Newcastle United. We are not his primary concern.

:lol: Stating the obvious, somewhat, but aye.

There's still NO FUCKING WAY that he'd not want to be told about or involved in decisions regarding the employment or dismissal of key personnel in the management team of NUFC.

Away and boil yer heid now.  O0

Guest Mucky01

The buck stops with Mike Ashley.

agreed,

I bet Chris Mort left because of the new plans that have been put into place and he didn’t want to get drawn into it – Derek Lambias did under Ashley’s instructions. It can’t really be interpreted any other way in my eyes.

Chris Mort was always a short-term Chairman. It was one of the first things he said when he joined the club.

Look, it's all speculation and the scenario i've proposed is completely hypothetical but just because the Fat lad sits in the stands every weekend does not mean he is involved in the day-to-day running of the club. Unfrotunately he has bigger fish to fry.

I've no doubt that he was kept abreast of developments but if, as reported, this all happened within the space of a day there's a good chance it was all over before he could do anything about it.

I'm not saying he isn't partly to blame, but i'm not prepared to driect all of my fury at Mike Ashley until I know the facts.

For now the people i hold responsible are those that i know for certain had a hand in this, namely Wise, Jimenez and Lambias.

Yeah and who appointed them?

Have you actually read the original post or the rest of the thread?

Mike Ashley did. He hired them to look after the day to day running of the football club because no doubt, being a billionaire businessman, he doesn't have the time on his hands to do it himself. Blaming Ashley (if the scenario i've portrayed is correct) is like

blaming the owner of ASDA because your local branch has run out of baked beans - he hired the man who hired the man who hired the man who hired the woman who hired the person that orders the baked beans, therefore the owner must be killed!

What i'm trying to do is offer a realistic alternative scenario. Clearly you lot are so determined to conduct a witch hunt for Ashley that you might actually be letting the people who are directly responsible for this situation to get off scott free.