Does anyone out there have any kind of confidence in Ashley at all?

Guest Howaythetoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you're expecting a conveyor belt of players better than Milner to come rolling off the academy production line, then I think you're setting massively high expectations for it and will be waiting an awfully long time.

Milner was a first team player under a number of managers, and is obviously highly regarded by people more qualified to rate him than you or I, yet he was seen as not important enough to keep happy with what I am sure were quite modest contract demands, and was sold not because we had someone better to replace him with, but simply for profit.

The 'being highly regarded by people more qualified than you or I' is a convenient thing to throw in to try and strengthen your point, how many managers have rated Shola? Does that mean we're all wrong because the likes of Sir Bobby thought he was quality? That's really clutching at straws.

The fact is the club now has N'Zogbia and Duff down the left and Jonas and Geremi down the right, I can't remember a time we've ever started a season this better off for wide men, can you?

Did Robson ever think Shola was quality? Has there ever been a time when Shola was above 3rd choice striker at best?

Milner was 1st choice RW for a number of managers.

I'd say Solano, Milner, N'Zogbia, Duff 2 seasons ago were equal to the current selection, and if you can stretch your mind back 4 years, I'd say Robert, Dyer, Bowyer, N'Zogbia, Milner was a far better selection.

"it was my decision to sell james milner" - kevin keegan

FAIL!

If you're expecting a conveyor belt of players better than Milner to come rolling off the academy production line, then I think you're setting massively high expectations for it and will be waiting an awfully long time.

Milner was a first team player under a number of managers, and is obviously highly regarded by people more qualified to rate him than you or I, yet he was seen as not important enough to keep happy with what I am sure were quite modest contract demands, and was sold not because we had someone better to replace him with, but simply for profit.

The 'being highly regarded by people more qualified than you or I' is a convenient thing to throw in to try and strengthen your point, how many managers have rated Shola? Does that mean we're all wrong because the likes of Sir Bobby thought he was quality? That's really clutching at straws.

The fact is the club now has N'Zogbia and Duff down the left and Jonas and Geremi down the right, I can't remember a time we've ever started a season this better off for wide men, can you?

Did Robson ever think Shola was quality? Has there ever been a time when Shola was above 3rd choice striker at best?

I'd say Solano, Milner, N'Zogbia, Duff 2 seasons ago were equal to the current selection, and if you can stretch your mind back 4 years, I'd say Robert, Dyer, Bowyer, N'Zogbia, Milner was a far better selection.

FAIL!

Missing bit he didn't say: "Because I've been told that's the only way to get the players I've been promised all summer which have failed to materialise"

FAIL!

Missing bit he didn't say: "Because I've been told that's the only way to get the players I've been promised all summer which have failed to materialise"

aye you're right, he didn't say that did he?

good point

FAIL!

PASS !

oh yes NE5 the expectancy was there for the souness and roeder years. take a look back at the posts of that time to see the expectancy in action.

maybe the expectation has caught up. peoples expectations were raised and shattered all those times we finished in the bottom half.

and the crowds pre-1992, in REAL mediocrity, were what exactly ?

And they are going down, and will continue under the current climate, despite the new soopa board who replaced the worst board in history........anyone but Fred etc etc ........

When did YOU last see such anti NUFC feeling ?

Stop going, its your prerogative, just like before. A lot will now exercise that right, just like pre-1992. Get it yet ?

if he is trying to get keegan back then fair play to him. however, mike ashley has taken too much stick imo for this debacle, whereas it seems that keegan despite being the legend he his seems to be the victim and takes none of the blame whatsoever from most. lets not forget ashley has paid off £100m of debt and has bought some good players in, if not spending a lot of money.