Does anyone out there have any kind of confidence in Ashley at all?

Guest Howaythetoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest optimistic nit

I think it's shocking that no words of explanation have come out to the fans, they're a bunch of f***ing cowards and anyone who wants them still here are off their heads.

I'm hoping this silence and lack of appointment for the Managers position is down to Ashley's selling.

He thinks (no, he 'knows') that we are irrelevant to him, so he has (and always will) treat us like an irrelevancy . .  ie, like sh*t.

are you a 15 year old girl?

hang on, wait, madras, help!

Guest optimistic nit

I think it's shocking that no words of explanation have come out to the fans, they're a bunch of f***ing cowards and anyone who wants them still here are off their heads.

I'm hoping this silence and lack of appointment for the Managers position is down to Ashley's selling.

He thinks (no, he 'knows') that we are irrelevant to him, so he has (and always will) treat us like an irrelevancy . .  ie, like sh*t.

yep, he has been given loads of stick by his share holders and the stock exchange (after taking their money) and refuses to communicate with any of them only referring to them as “cry babies” – which is probably what the twat thinks of NUFC fans – “cry babies”.

which is a true reflection on quite a few tbh.

I'm not worried at all by that article, I hope nobody would expect him to use the Sports Direct AGM to talk about Newcastle - they're completely separate businesses.

He NEVER talks about Newcastle United.

Have you ever heard him?

I have never heard him talk about Newcastle United.

He has had plenty of interviews regarding Newcastle, but if you want him on a radio phone in or on Sky Sports, no, you're absolutely right.

But if you want to take this as him seeing you as a cry baby and an irrelevance then I would first challenge you to find me such video or audio from any owner of any of the big clubs.

To be honest, I think the best thing ownership could have done is stay quiet and let the fans vent their anger and frustration.

The best thing they can do now is focus on getting the right man in this time around. It's time for action on their part and not more words which will onyl be rubbished by the fans anyway.

When the new manager is hired, then I'm sure we will hear a little more fromt hem regarding the appointment etc.

People honestly need to chill out.

To be honest, I think the best thing ownership could have done is stay quiet and let the fans vent their anger and frustration.

The best thing they can do now is focus on getting the right man in this time around. It's time for action on their part and not more words which will onyl be rubbished by the fans anyway.

When the new manager is hired, then I'm sure we will hear a little more fromt hem regarding the appointment etc.

Would you be happy with, say, Jonathan Douglas (Leeds captain under Wise) as manager first team coach?

Would you be happy with, say, Jonathan Douglas (Leeds captain under Wise) as manager first team coach?

I don't have a clue what the hell you are on about with this comment?

It's like half of the people on here have lost their senses in the last couple of weeks!

What does Jonathan Douglas have to do with my post?

were you saying he treat us like shit before KK left?

It's like half of the people on here have lost their senses in the last couple of weeks!

Well, it's just that someone like Jonathan Douglas currently has as much of an adequate CV (captain of a Championship/League 1 side for a couple of years) to be a the head coach of a Premiership side as Dennis Wise (manager of a Championship/League 1 side for a couple of years) has to be the Director of Football of a Premiership side.

You're happy with Dennis Wise, a man with no experience of even managing at a Premiership club to be given a role much more critical to the success of the team than the coach, so would you be happy with a coach who had a similar level of experience of coaching?

Well, it's just that someone like Jonathan Douglas currently has as much of an adequate CV (captain of a Championship/League 1 side for a couple of years) to be a the head coach of a Premiership side as Dennis Wise (manager of a Championship/League 1 side for a couple of years) has to be the Director of Football of a Premiership side.

You're happy with Dennis Wise, a man with no experience of even managing at a Premiership club to be given a role much more critical to the success of the team than the coach, so would you be happy with a coach who had a similar level of experience of coaching?

FAIL!

FAIL!

double fail tbh

I'm not worried at all by that article, I hope nobody would expect him to use the Sports Direct AGM to talk about Newcastle - they're completely separate businesses.

The Sky guy interviewing him was a right prick. Was it him that has the phones on the desk on transfer deadline day ?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Tbh I think Ashley has done a good job since he took us over. He cleared the debt, installed a progressive system that has succeeded in bringing in good players and shipping out bad ones whilst not spending lavish amounts of money and balancing the books in a way that will lead us to be able to spend better in the future, and just be in a more strong financial position as a club as opposed to one that could have gone under with the previous regime's policies.

What he did wrong was appointing Keegan, as we know Keegan is a very principled man and is not afraid to stick to them whatever the cost. Without knowing the exact details of what happened I can't comment properly but it saddens me that Keegan could not have reached some kind of compromise with the new system, because so far it is working well.

Would I rather Keegan was still here? Yes, but I don't think that can be completely blamed on Ashley's shoulders. Keegan has to take some responsibility too for walking.

Would I be happy if we were taken over by these rich blokes? Yes, but only because of the fan's reactions to the latest turn of events. If Ashley's position becomes unteneble it's only because of the fan's reaction or over reaction to Keegan walking. Yes it's a joke, we look a laughing stock but Keegan didn't have to walk. He said himself he knew a DOF was coming in. I think Keegan owed it to the fans to stick out this season at least. He may bemoan the principle of not being able to bring in his own players, but look at the results. Every signing we have made has been a good one imo, taking into account all factors.

FAIL!

double fail tbh

I'm glad you both agree that the appointment of Dennis Wise as Director of Football was a massive failure. Now, what can we do about it?

FAIL!

double fail tbh

I'm glad you both agree that the appointment of Dennis Wise as Director of Football was a massive failure. Now, what can we do about it?

err, yeah, good one.

In terms of giving examples, that has to be the worse one ive ever seen in my life.

Tbh I think Ashley has done a good job since he took us over. He cleared the debt, installed a progressive system that has succeeded in bringing in good players and shipping out bad ones whilst not spending lavish amounts of money and balancing the books in a way that will lead us to be able to spend better in the future, and just be in a more strong financial position as a club as opposed to one that could have gone under with the previous regime's policies.

What he did wrong was appointing Keegan, as we know Keegan is a very principled man and is not afraid to stick to them whatever the cost. Without knowing the exact details of what happened I can't comment properly but it saddens me that Keegan could not have reached some kind of compromise with the new system, because so far it is working well.

Would I rather Keegan was still here? Yes, but I don't think that can be completely blamed on Ashley's shoulders. Keegan has to take some responsibility too for walking.

Would I be happy if we were taken over by these rich blokes? Yes, but only because of the fan's reactions to the latest turn of events. If Ashley's position becomes unteneble it's only because of the fan's reaction or over reaction to Keegan walking. Yes it's a joke, we look a laughing stock but Keegan didn't have to walk. He said himself he knew a DOF was coming in. I think Keegan owed it to the fans to stick out this season at least. He may bemoan the principle of not being able to bring in his own players, but look at the results. Every signing we have made has been a good one imo, taking into account all factors.

This is my biggest issue with Keegan.

The season had started very well, and the new boys who were brought in were all performing.

Okay, so things weren't perfect, but he couldn't at least give it a chance till the summer, or even till January? He quit 3 games in?

For someone who cares so much for the fans he sure did bail out mighty fast.

Oh, shush KaKa, he had principles and his honour to defend.

It's not like they told the guy to kill anyone.

Jimenex, Wise etc - "Kev, we don't really want to buy the sorts your after because they've been around for a while and they are a bit pricey, and so don't offer great value for money. We can get you some really good youngsters that can put in a decent performance right now, and still only get better. what do you say eh?

Kev - "Hmmmm ... okay. The other players have done well so far, so I'll give it a go. However, if they struggle badly and things don't go so well on the pitch, then I will be asking for some prem experienced players to come in, okay? If you still don't want that, then I'd prefer you brought someone else in to manage"

Jimenez, Wise etc - "Okay Kev, fair enough"

That's what should have happened really. In actual fact though, Kev most likely went into a sulk and started threatening to quit.

1) When he bought the club, he bought the debt as well. Paying it was the most economical choice.

2) He's only brought in two players we know can lift the first team, one of them at a club record price for a defender.

3) Ameobi, Smith and Duff are still here; Carr and Ramage were out of contract. The "deadwood" would then be Rozenhal, Emre, Faye and Milner, two of them first team players -- one of which hasn't been replaced. That's pretty fucking progressive.

4) "Will lead us to be able to spend better in the future". And I'm sure they'll promise to do so, yet again. I'm willing to bet that they won't.

In terms of giving examples, that has to be the worse one ive ever seen in my life.

If you don't like that example, try another one. Would you have been happy in January if Wise had been appointed manager - a job for which he at least had a little experience? If not, why are you happy for him to have an even more important role at the club?

Do you think Dennis Wise has the required background and experience to be the most important figure on the footballing side of the club? The one who not only ultimately chooses which players to buy and sell, but which coaches to hire and fire?