Does anyone out there have any kind of confidence in Ashley at all?

Guest Howaythetoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which mong is saying if the club was debt free, the club would have been worth 100m more? :lol:

It was on the f***ing stock exchange, the share price dictated the buying price. Now, if you want a lesson on what dictates the share price feel free to ask but be prepared to wade through reams of factors before you find the bit about debt.

f*** me people will spout any old s*** if it suits them.

while you are right in that aspect it is also true that had the club been debt free the share price would probably have reflected this by being higher.

There is some logic in that of course but the share price is driven by much more than that.

Man U has debt 8+ times the size ours was. If you wanted to buy Man U now, what discount would that represent on its value?

Say the market value of a club trading 300m a year is 1bn, would that mean Man U are worth 200m to buy because of the debt?

No.

what i mean is NUFC as it was then with the debt and NUFC as it was then without the debt. exactly the same plans and potential. the NUFC without the debt would have a higher share price.

If you're expecting a conveyor belt of players better than Milner to come rolling off the academy production line, then I think you're setting massively high expectations for it and will be waiting an awfully long time.

Milner was a first team player under a number of managers, and is obviously highly regarded by people more qualified to rate him than you or I, yet he was seen as not important enough to keep happy with what I am sure were quite modest contract demands, and was sold not because we had someone better to replace him with, but simply for profit.

The 'being highly regarded by people more qualified than you or I' is a convenient thing to throw in to try and strengthen your point, how many managers have rated Shola? Does that mean we're all wrong because the likes of Sir Bobby thought he was quality? That's really clutching at straws.

The fact is the club now has N'Zogbia and Duff down the left and Jonas and Geremi down the right, I can't remember a time we've ever started a season this better off for wide men, can you?

Did Robson ever think Shola was quality? Has there ever been a time when Shola was above 3rd choice striker at best?

Milner was 1st choice RW for a number of managers.

I'd say Solano, Milner, N'Zogbia, Duff 2 seasons ago were equal to the current selection, and if you can stretch your mind back 4 years, I'd say Robert, Dyer, Bowyer, N'Zogbia, Milner was a far better selection.

Wait and see who they come up with as a replacement.

And if that replacement is a knacker?

Then I'll lose faith in them, I'll judge the next manager on what he does on the pitch rather than how big a name he is.

The club, directors and the fans all need to move on for all of our benefit, this situation has only blown up so much because it's KK in charge, which is something Ashley will have to deal with as he was happy to take the credit for bringing him back.

Well so far he seems to like to employ people known within his circle of friends so I am not sure I have much confidence that he is scouring the world to fond the right man. Lets see though.

The reference somewhere tonight of Llambias being a good friends with David O'Leary scares the Bejeezus out of me

That's why I said I'll judge them on what they do on the pitch, I don't care if it's one of his mates as long as we play well.

will regular european football for a few years do for his legendary status ?

Who's going to be his yes man

why do you never point out that we finished in the bottom half 7 times under fred and in the top half only 4 ?. or that when we had a chance to cement our place in the top 4 they completly blew it (lee bowyer and woodgate only)

you keep harping on about playing in europe....you and i both know poor teams can get to play there. would you be happy being a regular in europe but finishing one place above relegation "but hey we're in europe,we must be good".

yoy always shout about backing the manager but never say how foolhardy it is to back a s*** manager. or how the debt was spiralling because they followed your advice and spent now and worried about it later.

lets show it from both sides eh ? instead of the political style cherry picking of info to suit your argument.

Guest optimistic nit

I think it's shocking that no words of explanation have come out to the fans, they're a bunch of f***ing cowards and anyone who wants them still here are off their heads.

I'm hoping this silence and lack of appointment for the Managers position is down to Ashley's selling.

He thinks (no, he 'knows') that we are irrelevant to him, so he has (and always will) treat us like an irrelevancy . .  ie, like sh*t.

yep, he has been given loads of stick by his share holders and the stock exchange (after taking their money) and refuses to communicate with any of them only referring to them as “cry babies” – which is probably what the t*** thinks of NUFC fans – “cry babies”.

which is a true reflection on quite a few tbh.

The truth hurts Mr OK.  You just watch how he behaves from now on towards us.  Eventually you will all realise what he (our owner) thinks of us (and that includes even YOU)

which isn't my point. we're acting like little kids who want our mummy, look at the statement released by true faith as an example. I'm far from convinced by Ashley, and i think he has made some terrible mistakes, but noone is giving ashley any chance to try and make up for that. its either leave or we'll continue boycotting. there's no middle ground.

I'm also not taking sides on this yet, you say all that with fuck all to back it up, it may be true, or it may be bullshit, but you've made up your mind that ashley is in the wrong and he needs to go.

I think it's shocking that no words of explanation have come out to the fans, they're a bunch of f***ing cowards and anyone who wants them still here are off their heads.

I'm hoping this silence and lack of appointment for the Managers position is down to Ashley's selling.

He thinks (no, he 'knows') that we are irrelevant to him, so he has (and always will) treat us like an irrelevancy . .  ie, like sh*t.

yep, he has been given loads of stick by his share holders and the stock exchange (after taking their money) and refuses to communicate with any of them only referring to them as “cry babies” – which is probably what the t*** thinks of NUFC fans – “cry babies”.

The truth hurts Mr OK.  You just watch how he behaves from now on towards us.  Eventually you will all realise what he (our owner) thinks of us (and that includes even YOU)

which isn't my point. we're acting like little kids who want our mummy, look at the statement released by true faith as an example. I'm far from convinced by Ashley, and i think he has made some terrible mistakes, but noone is giving ashley any chance to try and make up for that. its either leave or we'll continue boycotting. there's no middle ground.

I'm also not taking sides on this yet, you say all that with fuck all to back it up, it may be true, or it may be bullshit, but you've made up your mind that ashley is in the wrong and he needs to go.

This is sort of the point I was trying to make about that statement released by True Faith and The Mag. While coming to all sorts of emotional and dangerous conclusions based on nothing more than conjecture, they have issued a rallying cry against the owner. No solutions other than pie in the sky wishful thinking that another mega-billionaire is waiting in the wings to conveniently snap up the toon.

In the meantime, the club suffers, the team suffers and ultimately the fans suffer. All this and we don't even know the true story of what went on, yet these supposedly responsible representatives of the fans have waded in as judge and jury to deliver a one-eyed verdict. Cretins.

I'm also not taking sides on this yet, you say all that with f*** all to back it up, it may be true, or it may be bullshit, but you've made up your mind that ashley is in the wrong and he needs to go.

This is sort of the point I was trying to make about that statement released by True Faith and The Mag. While coming to all sorts of emotional and dangerous conclusions based on nothing more than conjecture, they have issued a rallying cry against the owner. No solutions other than pie in the sky wishful thinking that another mega-billionaire is waiting in the wings to conveniently snap up the toon.

In the meantime, the club suffers, the team suffers and ultimately the fans suffer. All this and we don't even know the true story of what went on, yet these supposedly responsible representatives of the fans have waded in as judge and jury to deliver a one-eyed verdict. Cretins.

got to admit i'd have expected better from mark jenson.

1) its about time someone put this shit argument to bed. whether it was the most economical choice or not, the club was in a fuck load of debt which is now gone (unless he's just moved the debt around, but i've seen no evidence for this, but would love someone to show me why these rumours are here). that is a good thing he has done for the club, and if he didn't know about the debt (a mistake, but undestandible one, considering hall apparently only gave him a limited time to look at the books) then it will have affected his spending plans.

whether it was the most economical choice or not is irrevilent, it still saved the club and it still would have effected his spending plans.

2) wow, just wow. are you using the fact we've spent the club record for a defender as an argument AGAINST ashley? and you never KNOW how a transfer will turn out, but the 2 argies seem to be very astute signings so far. add to that what we've seen SO FAR of bassong and guthrie, they will both definately imrpove the squad if not the first team. so our recruitment team gets a vote of confidence from me.

3) Smith is only here because Keegan wanted him, Shola is only here because he failed a medical and Duff, i'm not sure, maybe we didn't want to sell, maybe we couldn't find any buyers, but with our squad it may be a good thing he's still here.

4) i dont know whether they plan to spend in the future or not, but i'm willing to bet they will spend if they can find the players to spend it on.

1) Shit argument? If the club has been debt free but otherwise equal, it would have cost £100M more. He bought the club, debt and all, and paid it. It's only what's expected. Also, the point that our club would be bankrupt is just hearsay. The fact that you have to take it for granted to defend the new board says a lot.

2) No, I'm not using "the fact we've spent the club record for a defender as an argument AGAINST ashley", I'm using it against the claim that we're "bringing in good players ... whilst not spending lavish amounts of money", which is only true for Jonas.

3) Keegan also wanted to keep Milner. Of course all three players would need to be replaced if they were sold, so I'm not celebrating the fact that Duff may play on Saturday. And anyway, my point, which was always a counterpoint to the claim that the board had succeeded in "shipping out bad players", still stands: the most expensive deadwood is still there, and Carr and Ramage would have gone no matter what.

4) So you're willing to bet that they'll spend if they spend. I'm not taking you up on that, genius.

indeed.

The regurgitation of a heap of media bullshit and spin [ring any bells ............] still goes on.

If you're expecting a conveyor belt of players better than Milner to come rolling off the academy production line, then I think you're setting massively high expectations for it and will be waiting an awfully long time.

Milner was a first team player under a number of managers, and is obviously highly regarded by people more qualified to rate him than you or I, yet he was seen as not important enough to keep happy with what I am sure were quite modest contract demands, and was sold not because we had someone better to replace him with, but simply for profit.

The 'being highly regarded by people more qualified than you or I' is a convenient thing to throw in to try and strengthen your point, how many managers have rated Shola? Does that mean we're all wrong because the likes of Sir Bobby thought he was quality? That's really clutching at straws.

The fact is the club now has N'Zogbia and Duff down the left and Jonas and Geremi down the right, I can't remember a time we've ever started a season this better off for wide men, can you?

mackems.gif

Did Robson ever think Shola was quality? Has there ever been a time when Shola was above 3rd choice striker at best?

Milner was 1st choice RW for a number of managers.

I'd say Solano, Milner, N'Zogbia, Duff 2 seasons ago were equal to the current selection, and if you can stretch your mind back 4 years, I'd say Robert, Dyer, Bowyer, N'Zogbia, Milner was a far better selection.

baggy's seen the club play 100 times in 27 years, and thinks he's an expert

Then I'll lose faith in them, I'll judge the next manager on what he does on the pitch rather than how big a name he is.

The club, directors and the fans all need to move on for all of our benefit, this situation has only blown up so much because it's KK in charge, which is something Ashley will have to deal with as he was happy to take the credit for bringing him back.

Well so far he seems to like to employ people known within his circle of friends so I am not sure I have much confidence that he is scouring the world to fond the right man. Lets see though.

The reference somewhere tonight of Llambias being a good friends with David O'Leary scares the Bejeezus out of me

That's why I said I'll judge them on what they do on the pitch, I don't care if it's one of his mates as long as we play well.

why do you never point out that we finished in the bottom half 7 times under fred and in the top half only 4 ?. or that when we had a chance to cement our place in the top 4 they completly blew it (lee bowyer and woodgate only)

you keep harping on about playing in europe....you and i both know poor teams can get to play there. would you be happy being a regular in europe but finishing one place above relegation "but hey we're in europe,we must be good".

yoy always shout about backing the manager but never say how foolhardy it is to back a s*** manager. or how the debt was spiralling because they followed your advice and spent now and worried about it later.

lets show it from both sides eh ? instead of the political style cherry picking of info to suit your argument.

I'm sure football clubs don't appoint managers with the intention of not backing them.........oh wait a minute, maybe some do.

I'm pleased you back the idea that we have had to sell Milner to buy a striker we badly needed. Or go without, just like when Mort said last November we wouldn't be buying anybody in January. Ignoring comments like that as meaningless.....its hardly surprising you lack judgement and perception.

Because it stood out a mile.

They are so removed from football, they didn't even let their manager buy the striker he wanted when he sold a player to get the money.

Big club ? Those days are over with this lot in charge mate. I hope you enjoyed them while they lasted.

I'm also not taking sides on this yet, you say all that with f*** all to back it up, it may be true, or it may be bullshit, but you've made up your mind that ashley is in the wrong and he needs to go.

got to admit i'd have expected better from mark jenson.

For me, Ashley's prolonged and very deliberate silence speaks volumes.

I'm sure football clubs don't appoint managers with the intention of not backing them.........oh wait a minute, maybe some do.

I'm pleased you back the idea that we have had to sell Milner to buy a striker we badly needed. Or go without, just like when Mort said last November we wouldn't be buying anybody in January. Ignoring comments like that as meaningless.....its hardly surprising you lack judgement and perception.

They are so removed from football, they didn't even let their manager buy the striker he wanted when he sold a player to get the money.

Big club ? Those days are over with this lot in charge mate. I hope you enjoyed them while they lasted.

first off what about the rest of my post...more cherry picking.

i think milner was sold as someone offered us far more than he was worth.

big club ?. bottom half more than top half. big image more likely.

the attendance figures will be the proof as to who acted the biggest

no they wont and you know it.

lets talk more about finishing in the bottom half more than top half and blowing the chance to be top 4 regulars and appointing poor manager after poor manager after poor manager.

lets talk more about finishing in the bottom half more than top half and blowing the chance to be top 4 regulars and appointing poor manager after poor manager after poor manager.

they will.

And I know it, and so do you.

they will.

And I know it, and so do you.

more cherry picking....ever thought of a job in politics ?

Guest Howaythetoon

Nothing has changed in the last few days, still zero confidence but I'm slowly allowing myself to accept that all this may change or could change. Up to them I suppose.

ne5......if the attendance is over 25000 does that mean democratically i'm right as my view would have been seen to win the popular vote ?

look up the phrase "long term apathy"

I don't think somehow, that 52000 people have watched this club for the last decade [almost] without some level of expectancy. Of course, you can think otherwise, thats your prerogative, but we'll see how long these figures continue unless they do something about it.

ne5......if the attendance is over 25000 does that mean democratically i'm right as my view would have been seen to win the popular vote ?

exactly,spot on. this has been on the way for a while,from even before any of us had heard of mike ashley.

good to see you are coming round to it.

exactly,spot on. this has been on the way for a while,from even before any of us had heard of mike ashley.

good to see you are coming round to it.

I added to the post, because I looked at it and felt pretty certain you still weren't getting the idea.

oh yes NE5 the expectancy was there for the souness and roeder years. take a look back at the posts of that time to see the expectancy in action.

maybe the expectation has caught up. peoples expectations were raised and shattered all those times we finished in the bottom half.