Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

I've personally been a touch dissapointed with him this season, his stats compared with Routledge's makes for fairly damning reading, especially considering where Wayne was till Jan.

You can use stats to prove anything though. 2003-4 season, Nolan 9 goals and 2 assists, Rooney 9 goals and 3 assists. Rooney went on to star for England that summer and earned a big-money move.

:facepalm:

What difference does it make when it was? Stats are stats.

I fail to see the significance of those stats, Nolan was a better player than he is now and Rooney was 17/18 in a poor Everton side.

I see what you were getting at. You've probably seen a few games, who's been better since Routledge arrived? No comparison for me, he's been an absolute breath of fresh air. The stats in this case tell the true story.

In terms of an end product then Routledge. Still think people don't appreciate enough what Jonas gives though by being able to carry a ball 50-60 yards from deep inside his own half to win a throw-in, corner, free-kick, etc. in a dangerous position. Also his game helps get the best out of Jose Enrique further forward (and vice versa).

got to move away from a standard 4-4-2 to get the best out of him and get more movement in the team. one of the two in a 4-3-2-1 would suit him. even in the 3 if the right players wetre with him.

edit...also think it would get the best out of jose aswell.

got to move away from a standard 4-4-2 to get the best out of him and get more movement in the team. one of the two in a 4-3-2-1 would suit him. even in the 3 if the right players wetre with him.

In which case it boils down once again to your central midfield.

In which case it boils down once again to your central midfield.

it always does.

In terms of an end product then Routledge. Still think people don't appreciate enough what Jonas gives though by being able to carry a ball 50-60 yards from deep inside his own half to win a throw-in, corner, free-kick, etc. in a dangerous position. Also his game helps get the best out of Jose Enrique further forward (and vice versa).

Yet his end product is still poor. Don't expect to see him tearing through Premiership defences next season. Sure, Hughton has got the best out of players this season but you've got to take the difference in the standard of football into consideration.

As I said a few days ago, if Jonas had the end product we wanted, he'd be at a top Champions League club valued at £20m+.

he did have in spain when he was the main supply line for that mallorca forward who went to turkey....guido or guiso or somesuch.

i just dont think he's an authadox winger (like ginola wasn't).

As I said a few days ago, if Jonas had the end product we wanted, he'd be at a top Champions League club valued at £20m+.

But he doesn't ... which is why we should sign Ambrose/Adam and go for someone like Wilshere on loan.

But he doesn't ... which is why we should sign Ambrose/Adam and go for someone like Wilshere on loan.

Ambrose yes, Adam no, he'd be fucking terrible in the Premiership.

Ambrose over Jonas??? Heard it all now.

Yet his end product is still poor. Don't expect to see him tearing through Premiership defences next season. Sure, Hughton has got the best out of players this season but you've got to take the difference in the standard of football into consideration.

I do expect to see Jonas tearing through Premiership defences if he's up for it and still here, he's got excellent close ball control and balance.

I do expect to see Jonas tearing through Premiership defences if he's up for it and still here, he's got excellent close ball control and balance.

a bit of this. it's felt like this season has been one long friendly for him.

He will and should be our first choice LM next season. But, i feel we really, really need another two wingers.

I wouldn't disagree but we have higher priorities, central midfield and up front need a major upgrade if we're to stay up.

a bit of this. it's felt like this season has been one long friendly for him.

I don't think any of our players have had me off my seat more than Jonas this season.