Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Duff was f***ing w***, and a gutless coward aswell. He was the biggest c*** in our relegation along with Owen.

Did basically f*** all for 3 years and chewed up a large hole in the wage bill. Not to mention he's f***ing old aswell.

and you're impressed with Jonas because.....? His hair?!

Err for 1, he works harder in one game than Duff did during his entire time here. Duff produced basically naff all, he was one of the most useless players I've witnessed at this club. Jonas' output is also poor but atleast the effort, commitment and application is there. People are already forgetting just how important Jonas was last season after playing 1 game away to one of the best teams in Europe.

Calling for Duff back. Christ, he was fucking shite man.

:lol: What a load of crap! Duff works as hard as Jonas. No difference, imo. I don't give a damn about what Jonas did last season playing against inferior oppositions. (Maybe you forgot that duff scored the equaliser away to WBA, and undoubtedly would have scored more had he stayed).

And no…... I'm not calling for duff to come back. :facepalm:

Duff was f***ing w***, and a gutless coward aswell. He was the biggest c*** in our relegation along with Owen.

Did basically f*** all for 3 years and chewed up a large hole in the wage bill. Not to mention he's f***ing old aswell.

Err for 1, he works harder in one game than Duff did during his entire time here. Duff produced basically naff all, he was one of the most useless players I've witnessed at this club. Jonas' output is also poor but atleast the effort, commitment and application is there. People are already forgetting just how important Jonas was last season after playing 1 game away to one of the best teams in Europe.

I've seen plenty of games when Jonas doesn't look interested.

Would rather have kept Duff than him, tbh.

WTF!

First game of the season and am I the only one who thought he had a half decent game? OK, so there were a few dodgy passes but I agree with STU on this one. Every time he gets the ball and starts running at defenders I am on the edge of my seat. I think he is certainly better now than he was when he first arrived on Tyneside (its unfair to compare him to last season when we were in the lower division). I think that given a bit more time, and a bit more support when he does run with the ball, He can be a good player for us.

Bollocks, you taking the piss?

Eh? At least Duff preformed for Fulham last season. Jonas has done fuck all at the top flight..... and he dosen't look any better now.

1 fucking game against a side that had just beaten the Premier League Champions the week before 3-1, okay then, when did duff perform for us? 

I knew someone was going to say it was just the one game...... yeah.... erm... what about the season we went down?

Duff has been better for Fulham than Jonas for us. Simple as that.

Fuck off man, Duff was shite for us, he played ok for Fulham but he hasn't been exceptional, I'm not saying Jonas is messi but I'd rather have him than Duff.  Jonas was exceptional against Man U on his league debut for us, then he had Joe Kinnear managing him for most of the season.

I've seen plenty of games when Jonas doesn't look interested.

"effort, commitment and application"!

Loved that. :laugh:

Guest Stephen927

It's weird, people tend to consider Alan Smith as hard-working and Duff as lazy when it's quite the opposite.

Eh? At least Duff preformed for Fulham last season. Jonas has done fuck all at the top flight..... and he dosen't look any better now.

1 fucking game against a side that had just beaten the Premier League Champions the week before 3-1, okay then, when did duff perform for us? 

I knew someone was going to say it was just the one game...... yeah.... erm... what about the season we went down?

Fuck off man, Duff was shite for us, he played ok for Fulham but he hasn't been exceptional, I'm not saying Jonas is messi but I'd rather have him than Duff.  Jonas was exceptional against Man U on his league debut for us, then he had Joe Kinnear managing him for most of the season.

I know he was shite, you fucker. (No worse than Jonas though). I'm just saying Duff is proving to be the better player at the moment.

So what if Jonas was class on his debut? Everything ever since has been going down hill! :facepalm: BTW, didn't Duff also play under Kinnear?

Probably gonna end up sounding like Ronaldo here but I'm starting to wonder if you lot watched the same Damien Duff at Newcastle that I did.

He was incredibly infuriating and mind-numbingly dull. Jonas is one of the few exciting players we have in the squad.

I know he was shite, you fucker. (No worse than Jonas though). I'm just saying Duff is proving to be the better player at the moment.

So what if Jonas was class on his debut? Everything ever since has been going down hill! :facepalm: BTW, didn't Duff also play under Kinnear?

Aye he was also shite but it wasn't his first season in England.

Probably gonna end up sounding like Ronaldo here but I'm starting to wonder if you lot watched the same Damien Duff at Newcastle that I did.

He was incredibly infuriating and mind-numbingly dull. Jonas is one of the few exciting players we have in the squad.

The amount of matchday threads in that season I remember people saying, "Duff surprisingly not doing bad! omg wtf!!1", only it was the vast majority of matches I was seeing this and seeing for myself.

The amount of matchday threads in that season I remember people saying, "Duff surprisingly not doing bad! omg wtf!!1", only it was the vast majority of matches I was seeing this and seeing for myself.

:lol:

Jonas probably covered more miles last season than the rest of our midfield and attack put together.

:mike:

He runs like a bloody workmule ffs. He's a blunt weapon going forward but his stamina is ridiculous, you're completely underselling him here.

We were lost with our laborius midfield when he didn't play.

fuck off... I don't buy that!

Jonas probably covered more miles last season than the rest of our midfield and attack put together.

:mike:

He runs like a bloody workmule ffs. He's a blunt weapon going forward but his stamina is ridiculous, you're completely underselling him here.

We were lost with our laborius midfield when he didn't play.

:thup:

Don't buy what?  It being his first season in England?

Don't buy what?  It being his first season in England?

the excuse.

All I can say is..... I hope he'll prove me wrong this season!

Seriously, have a look back through some of the matchday threads, particularly in the second half of that season. Was almost the same people week-in, week-out saying "Duff doesn't look so shit today!!!", so was obviously doing something right. :lol:

Seriously, have a look back through some of the matchday threads, particularly in the second half of that season. Was almost the same people week-in, week-out saying "Duff doesn't look so shit today!!!", so was obviously doing something right. :lol:

Aye... I noticed it, too. ;D