Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Adjustments to timeline noted. I stand by my principal worry -- that the founding position is too inflexible to deal with a situation where Ashley can't sell. I started asking "what if?" a couple of weeks ago, but no one has seemed interested in discussing it.

Im more than happy to discuss it because I see it as a real possibility. Our current view (after listening to the members at the meeting) is that we're offering a chance for him to meet us and discuss. Not for us to tell him what to do, that would be egotistical but for us to state what we see as problems, him to give his view of things and both sides to see how they can help the other. That may result in us agreeing to stop boycotts and other action in return for him agreeing to invest enough in the team come January to ensure we stay up.

I honestly dont know how that meeting would pan out, the sceptic in me says it wont happen because he will refuse to meet with anyone on this. If it does then I will be pleasantly surprised.

As you've already agreed above though the NUSC is not responsible for the current Ashley stance, you may be able to argue that he may have changed his current stance before now if we hadnt been there that would be fair enough (but hypothetical as we will never know) but if we do meet and an agreement is reached that changes his position then the credit would have to go to NUSC.

You put things as though NUSC is negotiating from a position of strength -- "offering him a chance" to meet with you, maybe agreeing to stop boycotts if he does this or that. Unless boycotting is a hell of a lot more effective than I imagine it is -- any information about its results? -- then this is an illusion. And the NUSC isn't yet either big or "representative" enough to have any real credibility at a meeting. One of the fundamental problems is that you are saying "fuck off as quickly as possible" at the same time as saying "OK, we'll graciously allow you to talk to us".

I'll also be surprised if such a meeting ever happens, but something like it will need to, if he's going to carry on owning the club. The sad thing is that all goodwill was removed from the situation the minute it was communicated to him that he was "no longer welcome" among the supporters. If it ever was anything else for Ashley -- and I think being part of it all was important to him -- it can't be anything but business for him now.

Adjustments to timeline noted. I stand by my principal worry -- that the founding position is too inflexible to deal with a situation where Ashley can't sell. I started asking "what if?" a couple of weeks ago, but no one has seemed interested in discussing it.

Im more than happy to discuss it because I see it as a real possibility. Our current view (after listening to the members at the meeting) is that we're offering a chance for him to meet us and discuss. Not for us to tell him what to do, that would be egotistical but for us to state what we see as problems, him to give his view of things and both sides to see how they can help the other. That may result in us agreeing to stop boycotts and other action in return for him agreeing to invest enough in the team come January to ensure we stay up.

I honestly dont know how that meeting would pan out, the sceptic in me says it wont happen because he will refuse to meet with anyone on this. If it does then I will be pleasantly surprised.

As you've already agreed above though the NUSC is not responsible for the current Ashley stance, you may be able to argue that he may have changed his current stance before now if we hadnt been there that would be fair enough (but hypothetical as we will never know) but if we do meet and an agreement is reached that changes his position then the credit would have to go to NUSC.

You put things as though NUSC is negotiating from a position of strength -- "offering him a chance" to meet with you, maybe agreeing to stop boycotts if he does this or that. Unless boycotting is a hell of a lot more effective than I imagine it is -- any information about its results? -- then this is an illusion. And the NUSC isn't yet either big or "representative" enough to have any real credibility at a meeting. One of the fundamental problems is that you are saying "fuck off as quickly as possible" at the same time as saying "OK, we'll graciously allow you to talk to us".

I'll also be surprised if such a meeting ever happens, but something like it will need to, if he's going to carry on owning the club. The sad thing is that all goodwill was removed from the situation the minute it was communicated to him that he was "no longer welcome" among the supporters. If it ever was anything else for Ashley -- and I think being part of it all was important to him -- it can't be anything but business for him now.

It didn't look like their was a boycott against West Brom, I had to get in line and wait to get served at half time.

You put things as though NUSC is negotiating from a position of strength -- "offering him a chance" to meet with you, maybe agreeing to stop boycotts if he does this or that. Unless boycotting is a hell of a lot more effective than I imagine it is -- any information about its results? -- then this is an illusion. And the NUSC isn't yet either big or "representative" enough to have any real credibility at a meeting. One of the fundamental problems is that you are saying "f*** off as quickly as possible" at the same time as saying "OK, we'll graciously allow you to talk to us".

If all you have to argue is my use of wording then well done. Im not saying we do feel we're in a position to make demands yet you make out we do. You cant argue that the boycotts are hurting the club and prospective owners and then in the next breath say they are ineffective. They are either working or they arent. You asked me what we would do if he couldnt sell, I gave you an answer telling you what we are already doing about that. You then call us for doing something. No win situation again.

You put things as though NUSC is negotiating from a position of strength -- "offering him a chance" to meet with you, maybe agreeing to stop boycotts if he does this or that. Unless boycotting is a hell of a lot more effective than I imagine it is -- any information about its results? -- then this is an illusion. And the NUSC isn't yet either big or "representative" enough to have any real credibility at a meeting. One of the fundamental problems is that you are saying "f*** off as quickly as possible" at the same time as saying "OK, we'll graciously allow you to talk to us".

If all you have to argue is my use of wording then well done. Im not saying we do feel we're in a position to make demands yet you make out we do. You cant argue that the boycotts are hurting the club and prospective owners and then in the next breath say they are ineffective. They are either working or they arent. You asked me what we would do if he couldnt sell, I gave you an answer telling you what we are already doing about that. You then call us for doing something. No win situation again.

As long as you treat it as a confrontation, no-win is what it will be -- at least for us.

I find it extremely amazing how NUFC.COM have managed to publish the cringeworthy bollocks of the NUSC almost immediately - all of the time. Then there is a group like Toon Ultras who have been around for a while but struggled to grow, and who have never claimed to give all Newcastle Supporters a collective voice, etc much of a chance.

I'm not completely against the NUSC, I'm just fucked off at the thought that this is more about getting Ashley out than anything else. Once he is out I doubt they will know what to do or what their next plan of action will be.

Just goes to show, more people are only bothered when the shit hits the fan, instead of being bothered about the club in the good times as well.

I certaintly don't see people rushing out to make banners, and chanting their heads off outside the ground now, hmmm.....

Well, as the .com lads were involved in organising and promoting the initial meeting and publicising subsequent meetings/actions, it's not particularly surprising that they update their website whenever there is an update.

To the best of my knowledge, neither Niall or Biffa stand in the Leazes Corner singing "shoes off..." or threaten to push fellow supporters down the stairs...nor were they involved in the formation of Toon Ultras

I find it extremely amazing how NUFC.COM have managed to publish the cringeworthy bollocks of the NUSC almost immediately - all of the time. Then there is a group like Toon Ultras who have been around for a while but struggled to grow, and who have never claimed to give all Newcastle Supporters a collective voice, etc much of a chance.

I'm not completely against the NUSC, I'm just f***ed off at the thought that this is more about getting Ashley out than anything else. Once he is out I doubt they will know what to do or what their next plan of action will be.

Just goes to show, more people are only bothered when the s*** hits the fan, instead of being bothered about the club in the good times as well.

I certaintly don't see people rushing out to make banners, and chanting their heads off outside the ground now, hmmm.....

Honest question, are you against the NUSC because you're genuinely not in favour, or jealous that they're actually getting attention unlike your two-bob organisation?

but I thought your opinion was that things are better under Ashley ?

Make your mind up.

I'm not completely against the NUSC, I'm just f***ed off at the thought that this is more about getting Ashley out than anything else. Once he is out I doubt they will know what to do or what their next plan of action will be.

Just goes to show, more people are only bothered when the s*** hits the fan, instead of being bothered about the club in the good times as well.

Honest question, are you against the NUSC because you're genuinely not in favour, or jealous that they're actually getting attention unlike your two-bob organisation?

Sorry like, but this "two-bob organization" has been better spoken during this period of crisis than the NUSC, NUFC.com and all the crummy fanzines put together. They have insisted that only one thing will keep us united and one thing alone, and that is supporting the team 100% on the pitch.

Sorry like, but this "two-bob organization" has been better spoken during this period of crisis than the NUSC, NUFC.com and all the crummy fanzines put together. They have insisted that only one thing will keep us united and one thing alone, and that is supporting the team 100% on the pitch.

I dont think getting behind the team has been an issue over the last few games either.

I dont think getting behind the team has been an issue over the last few games either.

No you're right. It hasn't, but that's because the majority of fans have realised that getting behind the lads on the pitch is the only thing they CAN do. The Hull game, start of the second half when the mong banner was going around the ground, with no one paying attention to the play in a quiet SJP was probably the most sickening moment I have felt in my time as a supporter. I can take close defeats, and I can take maulings, and I can take shambolic tactics etc... it's all part of the game. But THAT specific incident I will never see it any other way.

And when the club comes through the "period of crisis", Ashley's gone and the "Ashley out" agenda is finished, I know which group the majority of people will join.

And when the club comes through the "period of crisis", Ashley's gone and the "Ashley out" agenda is finished, I know which group the majority of people will join.

Fair enough like. NUSC is meant to be more of a general group, whereas the Ultras are more specific. My point is that even this "two-bob" origanization was able to come across in a much better light than the NUSC with their shambolic ramblings in the midst of this crisis

Fair enough like. NUSC is meant to be more of a general group, whereas the Ultras are more specific. My point is that even this "two-bob" origanization was able to come across in a much better light than the NUSC with their shambolic ramblings in the midst of this crisis

They came across far worse in the PSV friendly back in the summer tbh.

No you're right. It hasn't, but that's because the majority of fans have realised that getting behind the lads on the pitch is the only thing they CAN do. The Hull game, start of the second half when the mong banner was going around the ground, with no one paying attention to the play in a quiet SJP was probably the most sickening moment I have felt in my time as a supporter. I can take close defeats, and I can take maulings, and I can take shambolic tactics etc... it's all part of the game. But THAT specific incident I will never see it any other way.

That moment felt like the nadir of my time as a Newcastle supporter too. 

We've had real bad times before but that feeling of no manager, no owner, a dejected team, hostile fans and these opportunists seeing it as their moment to gain attention in such a cringeworthy manner.

So a banner compares to any defeat against Sunderland?

To the play-off loss?

To a relegation?

f*** right off you drama queens.

Completely different feeling.  A bit like the difference between being beaten by an enemy or betrayed by a friend. 

One makes you angry and wanting to fight back, the other just makes you shake your head in disbelief.

To the play-off loss?

To a relegation?

The others are footballing events. It fucking happens. You win some and you lose some. It's the reason we love football.

The banner was a disgusting act of childish and clueless mongs

To the play-off loss?

To a relegation?

The others are footballing events. It f***ing happens. You win some and you lose some. It's the reason we love football.

While the Toon Ultras are a shining light when it comes to demonstrating maturity and intelligence.

To the play-off loss?

To a relegation?

The others are footballing events. It f***ing happens. You win some and you lose some. It's the reason we love football.

While the Toon Ultras are a shining light when it comes to demonstrating maturity and intelligence.

Dude! not the point! At first I didn't take to the Ultras. At first they seemed to be a group of outspoken charver bairns. All I'm saying is that I respect them for not jumping on the fanzine anti-ashley slagwagon, and concentrating on the team. That's all.

To the play-off loss?

To a relegation?

The others are footballing events. It fucking happens. You win some and you lose some. It's the reason we love football.

You compared it to quote "close defeats, maulings and bad tactics" - all football things.

I would also say the banner reflected the feelings of most people there.

To the play-off loss?

To a relegation?

You compared it to quote "close defeats, maulings and bad tactics" - all football things.

I compared the low feeling towards these events. Of course it makes me angry to lose against anyone let alone the fucking mackem cunts!! But that's football! The fans' reaction was disappointing, especially that it went on DURING a football match while the players were ignored.

To the play-off loss?

To a relegation?

I compared the low feeling towards these events. Of course it makes me angry to lose against anyone let alone the f***ing mackem c***s!! But that's football! The fans' reaction was disappointing, especially that it went on DURING a football match while the players were ignored.

So it was worse then than the fact 200+ fans didnt turn up for the 1st 15 minutes (including Ultras)? It was worse than Dyer and Bowyer scrapping on national TV? worse than our previous chairman taking the piss out of the fans? Or is it a perceived worse to you because you believe it was an NUSC banner? something that would have been friggin clever unless we had Michael J Fox and a DeLorean on board. Although no doubt you'll attempt to blame the NUSC for some of the things I've mentioned above as well no doubt.

if I get to be your age and my lowest point in football is 3 blokes parading a banner round a stadium then Im either damned lucky or not a Newcastle fan because theres already a thousand things in the last 39 years that sicken me more.

Dude! not the point! At first I didn't take to the Ultras. At first they seemed to be a group of outspoken charver bairns. All I'm saying is that I respect them for not jumping on the fanzine anti-ashley slagwagon, and concentrating on the team. That's all.

Is that right?

http://www.toonultras.com/

scroll down to the Hull part. Still nowt but support for the team eh? and no ashley bashing.

I have the utmost respect for the Ultras they try and keep the ground going and are going about it the right way. They also dont spend their time slagging off those that dont fit in with their all singing all dancing view of things on message boards.

To the play-off loss?

To a relegation?

I compared the low feeling towards these events. Of course it makes me angry to lose against anyone let alone the f***ing mackem c***s!! But that's football! The fans' reaction was disappointing, especially that it went on DURING a football match while the players were ignored.

So it was worse then than the fact 200+ fans didnt turn up for the 1st 15 minutes (including Ultras)? It was worse than Dyer and Bowyer scrapping on national TV? worse than our previous chairman taking the piss out of the fans? Or is it a perceived worse to you because you believe it was an NUSC banner? something that would have been friggin clever unless we had Michael J Fox and a DeLorean on board. Although no doubt you'll attempt to blame the NUSC for some of the things I've mentioned above as well no doubt.

if I get to be your age and my lowest point in football is 3 blokes parading a banner round a stadium then Im either damned lucky or not a Newcastle fan because theres already a thousand things in the last 39 years that sicken me more.

With all due respect, and you may have misunderstood my post, but the above is a load of unfounded bollocks. Nowhere did I say that the NUSC was to blame for the banner. It wasn't 3 blokes parading that banner around, it distracted the entire ground, and drew standing ovations and rounds of applause from fans who were understandably upset.

Bowyer and Dyer are two cretinous individuals who are thankfully no longer associated with the club.

Shepherd is a cretin himself, who is thankfully no longer associated with the club.

It's like Benwell Lad said. It hurts more when the damage is done by our own.

That moment felt like the nadir of my time as a Newcastle supporter too. 

We've had real bad times before but that feeling of no manager, no owner, a dejected team, hostile fans and these opportunists seeing it as their moment to gain attention in such a cringeworthy manner.

and you - and others - support the person responsible for this ?

Incredible.

Actually, there has been far worse, but we won't go there. Its a long time ago now.