Where are the back up youngsters?

TRon

That Colbeck looked cracking for the mackems against us mind, i remember he playing against him for cramlington and Donninger at walker looks like we ended up with the plodder and the mackems got the decent prospect

What did you make of them when you played against them? Does Colbeck look to you like he has really filled out well? Of course I know a lot is with growing up but he does look a lot bigger.

looks like he filled out alot defo. Even when i remember playing against him he seemed alot more calmed and assured than most but was always quite little, as for Donninger he was alot bigger and stronger than most lads my age at the time and imo that's why he got picked up. And the fact he moved to walker from Red House Farm!! not what you know it's who you know...

Nice info :thup:

Just got back from tonights reserve game against Sheff Utd,  we were stuffed i left with about 5 mins to go when they scored there 3rd goal, we hadn't even forced there keeper into a save.  We did field a really young side, more of an academy team, got to say to continue the negative mood of this thread, there wasn't many plus signs, only James Marwood came out with any credit but really just best of a bad bunch on a night when we were 2nd best in every department against a championship teams 2nd string

Just got back from tonights reserve game against Sheff Utd,  we were stuffed i left with about 5 mins to go when they scored there 3rd goal, we hadn't even forced there keeper into a save.  We did field a really young side, more of an academy team, got to say to continue the negative mood of this thread, there wasn't many plus signs, only James Marwood came out with any credit but really just best of a bad bunch on a night when we were 2nd best in every department against a championship teams 2nd string

Just read the report & saw K.Gillespie scored twice.

The last decent set of youngsters we had was Gascoigne's FA youth cup winning team, Joe Allon, Paul Stephenson and Ian Bogie I think. There seems to ba a massive gap between the first team and the juniors though. Something wrong when we have Nicky Butt as the only holding midfielder well past his best and we don't even have someone in the reserve team who could deputise, never mind pushing for that spot.

The last decent set of youngsters we had was Gascoigne's FA youth cup winning team, Joe Allon, Paul Stephenson and Ian Bogie I think. There seems to ba a massive gap between the first team and the juniors though. Something wrong when we have Nicky Butt as the only holding midfielder well past his best and we don't even have someone in the reserve team who could deputise, never mind pushing for that spot.

We are that short for midfielders at reserve team level that the last couple of reserve games they've played, not including tonight,  we have played Ryan Donaldson, England under 18 striker in midfield,  to be fair though i've been more impressed with him in midfield than when he's played up front.

We are that short for midfielders at reserve team level that the last couple of reserve games they've played, not including tonight,  we have played Ryan Donaldson, England under 18 striker in midfield,  to be fair though i've been more impressed with him in midfield than when he's played up front.

Pretty sad state of affairs. Even our reserves are having to field players out of position  :doh:

Pretty sad state of affairs. Even our reserves are having to field players out of position  :doh:

He Big TRon!! #You are my sunshine, my only sunshine...#

I forgot about him, but I think Kadar could be an impressive player once he gets over this injury and a decent run of games. Tozer seems like he could be in the mould of another Edgar, just about good enough, but Championship would suit him better. Baheng has looked ok in the few games I have saw, but maybe is a bit one footed and likes to play with his back to goal. If we compare young players at Boro and us who have been on the bench, Walker v Doninger, I know who I would rather have.

Guest MrSundlofer

Don't forget we have a lot of our players injured.

----------------------------Söderberg--------------------------

-----------Morris------------Tozer---------Kadar-------------

LuaLua--------Doninger---------Danquah-------Donaldson

--------Zamblera---------Baheng--------Ranger-------------

Probably our best youth team if some of the players (Danquah & Donaldson) plays out of position.

Söderberg - played for Sweden at youth level.

Morris - Played for Ireland at youth level?

Tozer - Played for England at youth level?

Kadar - Even called up for the Hungary first team.

LuaLua - Played for England at youth level?

Doninger -

Danquah -

Donaldson - Played for England at youth level.

Zamblera - Played for Italy at youth level.

Baheng - Wanted by Chelsea some years ago, played for France at youth level?

Ranger - Strike bananas.

How many played yesterday?