Terry Venables turned down chance to manage Newcastle in 2008

Guest Chubby Jason
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we're going to get some dodgy geezer, I'd rather have George Graham.

He'd be good, I agree.

Would sort them out and organize.

Good shout.

Forgot him.

He (not O'Leary) made Leeds what they became for a brief time, and made Spurs a lot better

The fact we've heard nothing more suggests to me he's rejected the post. If Sky knew anything in the first place.

He was quoted saying more talks would be held today pal.

Oh right, well shut me up!

I'm just getting the news from here, apparently not very carefully.

Just heard possibly the worst piece of journo ever when i switched on SSN

"Sky sports news understands that TV has a 50/50 chance of becoming Newcastle manager"

50/50, yes/no,  honestly how pathetic !!!!

he he. Its all gone very quiet mind, i would have thought something would have been announced by now if he was coming.

So people would rather have Venables than George Graham? The worlds gone completely potty i tell ya.

Agreed. If we are after bent London based managers, George "boring, boring Arsenal" is definitely the one to go for :thup:

So people would rather have Venables than George Graham? The worlds gone completely potty i tell ya.

I take it you can remember George Graham as a Manager then, or have you just seen him as a pundit? Because if the former is true what would make you think he could do anything to help us?

Apart from bore the pants off all of us of course.

please seek medical advice immediately.

I take it you can remember George Graham as a Manager then, or have you just seen him as a pundit? Because if the former is true what would make you think he could do anything to help us?

I couldn't give a shit about the style of play. The fact is he won shitloads at Arsenal , did a good job at Leeds and won a trophy at Spurs.

Guest johnson293

I couldn't give a s*** about the style of play. The fact is he won shitloads at Arsenal , did a good job at Leeds and won a trophy at Spurs.

Same could be said of a few of our former managers....

Dalglish, Gullit, Souness - all had varying degrees of success at other British and Foreign clubs as manager - come here, means nowt!

Guest elbee909

Terry V's Black and White army!

We're not going to get anyone better right now, I say go for it.

After much depressing thinking, I actually agree.  One day we'll all look back on this and laugh.

Terry V's Black and White army!

We're not going to get anyone better right now, I say go for it.

After much depressing thinking, I actually agree.  One day we'll all look back on this and laugh.

It's definitely just resigning yourself to what's on offer rather than wishing for an ideal. I hope the laughing day is sooner rather than later. I'm even having trouble with gallows (Gallowgate?) humour right now.

The team selection seemed way off to me.  Hughton maybe a good coach but he's a useless manager from what I've seen so far.  We were screwed when we named a centre midfield pairing of Butt and Cacapa, neither of who can pass forward of move at any speed.  N'Zogbia is a liability at left back as his positional sence lets him down, I can think of at least two goals in three games that have been a direct result of his poor positioning.  I've no real issue with Geremi at right wing not right back as we had little other option except possibly starting the very inexperienced Lua Lua there.  I'm starting to warm to the idea of someone like Venables coming in on a temporary contract until we are sold and the new people can appoint their own man.  Don't think Ashley wants to appoint someone permanently in case it affects his ability to sell on.

I'm thinking of a career change after this prediction.

He wants a longer term deal than the match to match one offered, apparently.

Well, being on the dole, he's obviously in a position of strength to make such demands.

No, it's staggeringly obvious (or should be) to anyone that 6 weeks is nowhere near enough.

If we're going to get some dodgy geezer, I'd rather have George Graham.

George f***ing Graham!? Did i read that right?

I'd rather have Souness back than George Graham

Why ?

Graham IS a good organizer/manager

Souness isn't.

Simple as that