If we went down, would it benefit us ?

afar

Jesus give the guy a break man, if you look at the teams who have come up last few years, they have really battled for each other, 100% commited performances from every player and earn their wage. I can see where the lad is coming from but of course relagation is a bad thing

Anyone who thinks FFS would be gone in the event of relegation would be wrong IMO. As the value of the clubs shares plummeted I'm in no doubt he would try and buy all the shares himself as they would be so cheap, then he would provide enough money to get us back up again then be happy finishing outside the bottom three so he could keep the big money from sky for himself as there would be no dividends to pay out and he'd be making himself a few bob more than he his already

seen it before. my team here in sweden got relegated in the 2004 season. the board was cleaned out and replaced and so were the manager. we easily won the league 1 in 2005 and got promoted. and now, with 2 games left we're second in the highest league, 1 point behind the leaders with a slightly easier schedule.

ofcourse, this is sweden, with just a bunch of crap teams, but still. oh, and i do not want us relegated, i'd be a mess if we were

With the way we're financially committed to Premiership football, and the huge financial gap between the Premiership and the Championship, relegation could lead to a Leeds / Sheff Wed - type downward spiral.

BUT - I think I know where Afar is coming from. The whole spirit of the club has been bad for the last three seasons. Everyone's discontented that we've slipped from the top four and there's a lot of pressure on the players and the manager. There's high expectations without the means to fulfil them. Sometimes it helps if you slip to a very low point, and then develop some upward momentum from there, as happened with Keegan and Robson.