Venables - From the Horse's Mouth

Golfmag

Guest Howaythetoon

BBC are reporting that the talks have stalled because the club want it to be on a match per match basis but he wants it longer term.

Not sure if this is old news as I've been away from my desk most of today

Nah, its because he's scared of a banner. :lol:

BBC are reporting that the talks have stalled because the club want it to be on a match per match basis but he wants it longer term.

How's the purchase of the club going?

I officially hate those c***s who had the banner with 'cockney mafia out' on it, they should be hung from the roofs of SJP  :angry:

Damn well said

Moronic peabrained tossers would be the LEAST of what I think them to be.

The damage those w*nkers have done with their stupidity is immeasurable.

Guest Howaythetoon

What you asking me for?! :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

I suspect the details of pay are more of an issue with Venables than what fans may or may not think about him...

I suspect that I'd be more inclined to believe golfmag...

Aye, but do you believe Terry Venables?

I fucking don't.

I suspect the details of pay are more of an issue with Venables than what fans may or may not think about him...

Aye, but do you believe Terry Venables?

I fucking don't.

Do you want the job? Consider it, we're all out of options.

Oh, sorry, thought you were involved? Have you given up on the idea?

Who would you like as manager then, realistically?

A match to match deal is a fairly crap offer tbh. Venables would be working with a decimated squad for the next couple of weeks, if the club gets sold, he could be out before he gets a chance to make a difference. Don't blame him for not jumping at that really.

Guest Howaythetoon

You thought wrong then.

Who would I like as manager? As an interim role? Venables would actually be a good choice even if I think he's massively overrated and a cockney spiv...

Long-term... I wouldn't like to even guess.

TV isn't going to happen though, that banner has put him off :lol:

You thought wrong then.

Who would I like as manager? As an interim role? Venables would actually be a good choice even if I think he's massively overrated and a cockney spiv...

So you don't think managers are thinking twice because of the reaction of the fans?

I don't blame fans for being livid at what happened, but those who supposedly speak for the fans have an extra responsibilty. If you are going to organise and set up protests in the name of the fans, through publications and in print, at least you should think through the consequences.

My God - so you CAN talk sense ! Just get you away from the defence of Nigerian businessmen, eh ?  :pow:

Guest Howaythetoon

You thought wrong then.

So you don't think managers are thinking twice because of the reaction of the fans?

I could think of many many things that would put potential managers off and indeed potential new owners with the fans being bottom of the list and in most cases not even scraping onto it.

Would make a good sun headline though...

I guess that the structure of the deal might also an issue as Trevor East might not have known that (or it might not have been an issue at that stage - 2pm) but the the fan reaction was/is clearly a major problem, even if not the only one. Apart from anything else I seriously doubt that TV would have had any interest in speaking to a complete stranger like me in the middle of his lunch if he didn't want to hear what I thought re the likely reaction.

I could think of many many things that would put potential managers off and indeed potential new owners with the fans being bottom of the list and in most cases not even scraping onto it.

Would make a good Sun headline though...

They don't need help (even less The Mirror) but they still get plenty from our fans in this regard.

I officially hate those c***s who had the banner with 'cockney mafia out' on it, they should be hung from the roofs of SJP  :angry:

£5 now says you were there chanting along.

Dunno about him - but I was in Salou raging at the moronic b*stards while drinking the local booze.

Dunno about him - but I was in Salou raging at the moronic b*stards while drinking the local booze.

I was stood by the steps waiting for Hulls bus, didn't chant once, it was a fucking joke fans chanting like Zombies.