Joe gets rough with puffs in a huff!

TRon

Cant wait till he goes, his rant at the press is cringeworthy and hard to see past

really good post mate, join the hall of fame cunt

:lol:

Bit over the top.

I thought it was lovejoy who said it :lol:

Guest LucaAltieri

Does anyone think Shearer would have took it, because I don't, despite the fact that HE loves the club, or so we're led to believe.

Do you seriously think Shearer has no affection or feeling whatsoever for the club? The sly digs aimed at KK and now Shearer are bang out of order and seem an increasing thing on here these days which I find pathetic to tell you the truth. I know some Liverpool fans who hold Graeme Souness in higher esteem than some of our own lot hold Shearer in and now even KK. I love how Shearer mustn't really love the club all of a sudden because he's not the manager. But Big Joe, what a man eh. We get accused of being a right set of fickle bastards and when you read comments like yours it isn't hard to see why. Shearer - the club's greatest ever goalscorer who gave the club 10 fantastic years of service saving us time and time again or taking us to the heights time and time again is viewed upon with ever more suspicion and cynicism where now people even question his love of the club. In the meantime, Big Joe eh. What a man, he must really love the club to take this job on.... unlike that bastard Shearer bloke on the telly who calls himself a Geordie. Get some fucking perspective will you and all those casting doubt on the characters of Newcastle United legends.

:thup:

Not 100% sure on his managerial ability just yet, but i've got to say that i certainly like this guy as a person a lot more than i have done our last few managers (aside from Keegan). Couldn't abide Allardyce as a person, and Souness and Roeder were generally just liars. I think this guy's got a warming personality, in my opinion. Aye, the press thing was out of sorts but i've definitely seen more embarrassing interviews, press conferences, etc. I've been a hell of a lot more embarrassed in the past, watching Roeder in-particular during interviews following a loss. Just a total false, and a wet blanket to boot.

I've felt very apathetic about the club since the start of September, but i'm feeling a bit better under Kinnear atm. Can genuinely say i'm looking forward to the City game now; you might call that fickle and i suppose it probably is. But regardless of whether you not you like his style, what he's done is boosted the place, from the dressing room to the fans. From nothing, there's optimism and some positives now, especially with injuries fasing. Kinnear's been a catalyst for a bit of positivity and he's only been in charge for one game, so i reckon that's testament to the guy.

Keep it up, Joe. :thup:

Does anyone think Shearer would have took it, because I don't, despite the fact that HE loves the club, or so we're led to believe.

Do you seriously think Shearer has no affection or feeling whatsoever for the club? The sly digs aimed at KK and now Shearer are bang out of order and seem an increasing thing on here these days which I find pathetic to tell you the truth. I know some Liverpool fans who hold Graeme Souness in higher esteem than some of our own lot hold Shearer in and now even KK. I love how Shearer mustn't really love the club all of a sudden because he's not the manager. But Big Joe, what a man eh. We get accused of being a right set of fickle bastards and when you read comments like yours it isn't hard to see why. Shearer - the club's greatest ever goalscorer who gave the club 10 fantastic years of service saving us time and time again or taking us to the heights time and time again is viewed upon with ever more suspicion and cynicism where now people even question his love of the club. In the meantime, Big Joe eh. What a man, he must really love the club to take this job on.... unlike that bastard Shearer bloke on the telly who calls himself a Geordie. Get some fucking perspective will you and all those casting doubt on the characters of Newcastle United legends.

Get some fucking perspective yourself and stop twisting what I said into something else entirely. Why you are quoting something I said three weeks ago I have no idea, but in any case what I said is my opinion. I don't think Shearer would have taken the job because he openly criticised the set up. He turned down the chance to work with Keegan before that. What makes you think anything's changed since then?

As for Joe, yes I am happy he wanted the job badly enough to do it and publicly welcome the opportunity. At the moment he's doing more for Newcastle than Shearer, Lawrenson, Hansen or any other MOTD tv pundit. If and when Shearer answers the call of his club, his city, then he'll get the support which Joe will get now. Till then I'm not interested to be honest.

Guest Howaythetoon

Do you seriously think Shearer has no affection or feeling whatsoever for the club? The sly digs aimed at KK and now Shearer are bang out of order and seem an increasing thing on here these days which I find pathetic to tell you the truth. I know some Liverpool fans who hold Graeme Souness in higher esteem than some of our own lot hold Shearer in and now even KK. I love how Shearer mustn't really love the club all of a sudden because he's not the manager. But Big Joe, what a man eh. We get accused of being a right set of fickle bastards and when you read comments like yours it isn't hard to see why. Shearer - the club's greatest ever goalscorer who gave the club 10 fantastic years of service saving us time and time again or taking us to the heights time and time again is viewed upon with ever more suspicion and cynicism where now people even question his love of the club. In the meantime, Big Joe eh. What a man, he must really love the club to take this job on.... unlike that b****** Shearer bloke on the telly who calls himself a Geordie. Get some f***ing perspective will you and all those casting doubt on the characters of Newcastle United legends.

Get some f***ing perspective yourself and stop twisting what I said into something else entirely. Why you are quoting something I said three weeks ago I have no idea, but in any case what I said is my opinion. I don't think Shearer would have taken the job because he openly criticised the set up. He turned down the chance to work with Keegan before that. What makes you think anything's changed since then?

As for Joe, yes I am happy he wanted the job badly enough to do it and publicly welcome the opportunity. At the moment he's doing more for Newcastle than Shearer, Lawrenson, Hansen or any other MOTD tv pundit. If and when Shearer answers the call of his club, his city, then he'll get the support which Joe will get now. Till then I'm not interested to be honest.

So why even bring his name into it if you're not interested and why the suspiciousness regarding his love of the club?

Do you seriously think Shearer has no affection or feeling whatsoever for the club? The sly digs aimed at KK and now Shearer are bang out of order and seem an increasing thing on here these days which I find pathetic to tell you the truth. I know some Liverpool fans who hold Graeme Souness in higher esteem than some of our own lot hold Shearer in and now even KK. I love how Shearer mustn't really love the club all of a sudden because he's not the manager. But Big Joe, what a man eh. We get accused of being a right set of fickle bastards and when you read comments like yours it isn't hard to see why. Shearer - the club's greatest ever goalscorer who gave the club 10 fantastic years of service saving us time and time again or taking us to the heights time and time again is viewed upon with ever more suspicion and cynicism where now people even question his love of the club. In the meantime, Big Joe eh. What a man, he must really love the club to take this job on.... unlike that b****** Shearer bloke on the telly who calls himself a Geordie. Get some f***ing perspective will you and all those casting doubt on the characters of Newcastle United legends.

Get some f***ing perspective yourself and stop twisting what I said into something else entirely. Why you are quoting something I said three weeks ago I have no idea, but in any case what I said is my opinion. I don't think Shearer would have taken the job because he openly criticised the set up. He turned down the chance to work with Keegan before that. What makes you think anything's changed since then?

So why even bring his name into it if you're not interested and why the suspiciousness regarding his love of the club?

Did I bring his name into this thread or was I answering someone else? I really can't remember seeing as it was three weeks ago.

Get some fucking perspective yourself and stop twisting what I said into something else entirely. Why you are quoting something I said three weeks ago I have no idea, but in any case what I said is my opinion. I don't think Shearer would have taken the job because he openly criticised the set up. He turned down the chance to work with Keegan before that. What makes you think anything's changed since then?

you have to look at the bigger picture. Some people insist on wanting a club run in a certain way, so they won't take it. Why should Shearer take the job - or Keegan stay in the job - if they feel that the setup is going to hinder them ?

Full marks to Kinnear for taking it on - no quibble there, in  fact he's always been a tough little bugger with a good personality and so I have a feeling he could do rather better than some people think while he is here - but don't condemn Keegan and Shearer.

Shearer may not ever want to be a manager, especially now he's got his foot into a cosy little number with the BBC.  If thats the case then its his decision but he doesn't deserve your scorn for it ?

It wouldn't be mine, but thats life.

you have to look at the bigger picture. Some people insist on wanting a club run in a certain way, so they won't take it. Why should Shearer take the job - or Keegan stay in the job - if they feel that the setup is going to hinder them ?

Full marks to Kinnear for taking it on - no quibble there, in  fact he's always been a tough little bugger with a good personality and so I have a feeling he could do rather better than some people think while he is here - but don't condemn Keegan and Shearer.

Shearer may not ever want to be a manager, especially now he's got his foot into a cosy little number with the BBC.  If thats the case then its his decision but he doesn't deserve your scorn for it ?

Because he's always made out it was his dream job yet kept turning it down. He turned down Freddie..he turned down Keegan. Obviously he's turned down smaller clubs along the road as well like Southampton. The only job he hasn't turned down is MOTD tv pundit. Obviously easy money because he's useless at that as well.

Because he's always made out it was his dream job yet kept turning it down. He turned down Freddie..he turned down Keegan. Obviously he's turned down smaller clubs along the road as well like Southampton. The only job he hasn't turned down is MOTD tv pundit. Obviously easy money because he's useless at that as well.

yes, that is what you clipped.....but plenty of other NUFC players [and icons] haven't been managers ? Why scorn him for it ?

If he doesn't want to be a manager, and having turned down a ready made established club ie Blackburn it looks possible, then why not just remember him as an icon who now holds the club goalscoring record ?

Is it so difficult to understand that he's "not ready"? He's been out of the game for two years man.

I agree entirely with NE5 aswell; aye, it probably is his dream job and i'm absolutely certain that he loves this club. Because of that, he's not going to jump straight in - he's going to wait until the conditions are absolutely right for him, and that's the best way of doing it in my opinion. If he doesn't rate the set-up or the people in charge, then it's not right for him, simple as that.

yes, that is what you clipped.....but plenty of other NUFC players [and icons] haven't been managers ? Why scorn him for it ?

If he doesn't want to be a manager, and having turned down a ready made established club ie Blackburn it looks possible, then why not just remember him as an icon who now holds the club goalscoring record ?

If he doesn't want to be Newcastle manager he should really be more clear about it rather than keeping everybody guessing. If you go back to the original post which was only part quoted you'll see that the reason Shearer was even brought into this thread was because Don Hutchinson said it was the ideal time for him to take up the reigns which is when I said I didn't think he'd want the job.

As far as icons go, I don't have a problem with him being a Newcastle icon. It's just I don't particularly share the view he was that great in his time here. There aren't many players I've dreaded losing, the only ones that come to mind are Gazza, Waddle and Beardsley when he went to Liverpool.