Joe gets rough with puffs in a huff!

TRon

Just been watching Goals on Sunday and Don Hutchison saying he thought this would have been an ideal situation for Shearer to step in and steady the ship. Does anyone think Shearer would have took it, because I don't, despite the fact that HE loves the club, or so we're led to believe.

Kinnear might or might not be a good manager but he's clearly over the moon to have the job even for few games. He deserves some support just for that.

Shearer is one who "loves" the club but won't touch it with a barge pole when things are going badly.

Were we a top side playing in Europe he'd no doubt think differently. But true love isn't like that.

“There will be changes on Tuesday, certainly,” Wenger said. “I will see how many, but there will be changes. There were enough ingredients today to make me physically sick.

“What we delivered today was not good enough and we know that. What was the most disappointing is that we were 1-0 in front and still lost the game, after having struggled in the first half to score.”

Arsene Wenger's comments after the Hull defeat.

This is what good managers do.  There is a time for morale and nurturing the confidence of the players, and there is a time to wield the motherfucking axe.  These players are embarrassing the club, and it will not stand.  I hope Kinnear follows Wenger's example.  Forget Keegan, forget Ashley - each and every player on the pitch should be accountable for their own level of performance.  If they can't summon any sort of pride in their own performance, then they should be shamed in public.  No more atrocious performances written off as the result of "off the field" difficulties.  Fuck that. 

Who do we bring in? The onle one i'd really think about chucking in is Ranger.

You're right it's very difficult. It always was a difficult step from reserve level to first team, nowadays it's a huge gap to cross.

Stephen Taylor was probably the best reserve player we've had in ten years but at senior level looks Championship standard at best.

Maybe thats why he was handed a long term contract. ;)

Joe Kinnear Is Here

http://www.lukewhostalking.co.uk/2008/09/joe_kinnear_is_here.html

So Joe Kinnear has officially begun his new job as Newcastle's United temporary manager. There is a joke in here somewhere - get it - a bad one admittedly, but whatever you think about the Cockney Irishman you'd better hope he is able to do something to improve things at St James's Park.

We have no idea how long Joe "f*****g" Kinnear is going to be United's manager and, to be honest, I have no idea whether it's an absolute disaster or a surprisingly clever choice.

What I do know is that Joe has a tendency to swear a lot, he does not suffer fools and he will, in his own words, tell it how he sees it for however long he remains in charge. It might be four weeks, it could be six, but it might be eight. Let's be honest, it could be months so we may as well accept it and make the best of a bad situation.

I hope that is what he is telling the players this week because I thought they were a disgrace in the first half against Blackburn. For all of the talk of remaining focused and professional, they looked as though they couldn't be bothered at the weekend and simply went through the motions on the way towards another defeat - the fifth on the bounce.

I know it's been hard for everyone associated with the club since Kevin Keegan stormed out in protest at the club's transfer policy - or lack of it - but that doesn't give them the excuse to roll over and accept another beating.

In that respect, the news that Kinnear strolled into the home dressing room at half-time and gave a few of them a kick up the backside is welcome. It certainly got some sort of response in the second half.

Kinnear hasn't had a manager's job for four years since he parted company with Nottingham Forest following an unspectacular time on the banks of the River Trent.

At times he has appeared muddled and confused about what he is precisely doing at Newcastle, but he will at least restore some passion and determination to the dressing room. This is a backs-to-the-wall, them against us battle against relegation at the moment and Kinnear did well in that sort of situation at Wimbledon.

Football has changed, as Keegan discovered, but Kinnear consistently defied the odds with Wimbledon in the nineties and Newcastle need a bit of that never say die spirit if they are going to haul themselves out of the pit of depression they have fallen into.

I doubt very much whether he is the right manager to take Newcastle back into Europe, but that is nothing more than a pipe dream this season and he might just be able to do his bit to stop them tumbling into the Championship until Mike Ashley can find a buyer.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, these are desperate times and that requires desperate measures and would Terry "living of past glories" Venables have been any better in a temporary role which may end in just over a month's time? I doubt it. He hardly covered himself in glory with Steve McClaren and England did he!

Newcastle have a small squad with little pace and virtually no creativity. The defence is flimsy, the midfield stretched because of injuries and the forward line overly reliant on Michael Owen.

We may as well accept that Owen will leave Newcastle at the end of the season but who can blame him? It is debatable whether he ever intended to sign a new contract in the first place, but nobody can question his desire to help United get out of trouble. He has scored five goals already this season playing for a team in complete disarray.

I hope he does stay, but I hope for a lot of things. I hope the Ashley era is brought to a swift end, I hope the new owners are sensible as well as ambitious and I hope that, whether it is Keegan or not, Kinnear's eventual replacement is a good manager who has plenty of money to spend in January.

The last few weeks have been a horror story for Newcastle United Football Club, but you never know, it might be a story which still has a fairytale ending.... oh come on, it might!

Good article in general, but the bit in bold is exactly how I feel. Fucking furious at the lack of fight in our players and using the situation as an excuse to not bother turning up. I didn't see Liverpool's players capitulate during their turmoil last season.

Joe Kinnear Is Here

http://www.lukewhostalking.co.uk/2008/09/joe_kinnear_is_here.html

So Joe Kinnear has officially begun his new job as Newcastle's United temporary manager. There is a joke in here somewhere - get it - a bad one admittedly, but whatever you think about the Cockney Irishman you'd better hope he is able to do something to improve things at St James's Park.

We have no idea how long Joe "f*****g" Kinnear is going to be United's manager and, to be honest, I have no idea whether it's an absolute disaster or a surprisingly clever choice.

What I do know is that Joe has a tendency to swear a lot, he does not suffer fools and he will, in his own words, tell it how he sees it for however long he remains in charge. It might be four weeks, it could be six, but it might be eight. Let's be honest, it could be months so we may as well accept it and make the best of a bad situation.

I hope that is what he is telling the players this week because I thought they were a disgrace in the first half against Blackburn. For all of the talk of remaining focused and professional, they looked as though they couldn't be bothered at the weekend and simply went through the motions on the way towards another defeat - the fifth on the bounce.

I know it's been hard for everyone associated with the club since Kevin Keegan stormed out in protest at the club's transfer policy - or lack of it - but that doesn't give them the excuse to roll over and accept another beating.

In that respect, the news that Kinnear strolled into the home dressing room at half-time and gave a few of them a kick up the backside is welcome. It certainly got some sort of response in the second half.

Kinnear hasn't had a manager's job for four years since he parted company with Nottingham Forest following an unspectacular time on the banks of the River Trent.

At times he has appeared muddled and confused about what he is precisely doing at Newcastle, but he will at least restore some passion and determination to the dressing room. This is a backs-to-the-wall, them against us battle against relegation at the moment and Kinnear did well in that sort of situation at Wimbledon.

Football has changed, as Keegan discovered, but Kinnear consistently defied the odds with Wimbledon in the nineties and Newcastle need a bit of that never say die spirit if they are going to haul themselves out of the pit of depression they have fallen into.

I doubt very much whether he is the right manager to take Newcastle back into Europe, but that is nothing more than a pipe dream this season and he might just be able to do his bit to stop them tumbling into the Championship until Mike Ashley can find a buyer.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, these are desperate times and that requires desperate measures and would Terry "living of past glories" Venables have been any better in a temporary role which may end in just over a month's time? I doubt it. He hardly covered himself in glory with Steve McClaren and England did he!

Newcastle have a small squad with little pace and virtually no creativity. The defence is flimsy, the midfield stretched because of injuries and the forward line overly reliant on Michael Owen.

We may as well accept that Owen will leave Newcastle at the end of the season but who can blame him? It is debatable whether he ever intended to sign a new contract in the first place, but nobody can question his desire to help United get out of trouble. He has scored five goals already this season playing for a team in complete disarray.

I hope he does stay, but I hope for a lot of things. I hope the Ashley era is brought to a swift end, I hope the new owners are sensible as well as ambitious and I hope that, whether it is Keegan or not, Kinnear's eventual replacement is a good manager who has plenty of money to spend in January.

The last few weeks have been a horror story for Newcastle United Football Club, but you never know, it might be a story which still has a fairytale ending.... oh come on, it might!

Good article in general, but the bit in bold is exactly how I feel. f***ing furious at the lack of fight in our players and using the situation as an excuse to not bother turning up. I didn't see Liverpool's players capitulate during their turmoil last season.

Quality article. Wish the "activists" who think they always know what is best for Newcastle could adopt such a real world mentality.

You're right it's very difficult. It always was a difficult step from reserve level to first team, nowadays it's a huge gap to cross.

Stephen Taylor was probably the best reserve player we've had in ten years but at senior level looks Championship standard at best.

Well we have fans saying "Wengers ringing changes thast what a good manager does". We can't ring the changes. Marwood,Ranger,Baheng are the onyl few (Ignoring Bahengs injruy atm) i'd put in.

Well we have fans saying "Wengers ringing changes thast what a good manager does". We can't ring the changes. Marwood,Ranger,Baheng are the onyl few (Ignoring Bahengs injruy atm) i'd put in.

No, a good manager holds his players accountable.  We might have no choice but to keep many (not all) of them in the team, obviously.  As injuries subside we can have more competition for places.  But regardless, we need a manager with the courage to call a dogshit performance a dogshit performance.  That is what impressed me about Wenger.  No more excuses, no more guff from Houghton about the attitude of the players being good when it clearly isn't.  For too long at this club it seems the focus has always been on the manager's part in our failure and never on what the players themselves failed to contribute.  Has to change.  It encourages me that Kinnear got angry enough to shout at half time.  We need that IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Heneage

I totally agree and have never said any different CS, but thats my point yes we can lambaste players all the time, but when it comes to changing them right now we can't.

I'm all for telling Duff he's been aptly named as of late, that Taylors getting mental, and Butts showing the composure of a sniper with parkinsons, but sadly due to lack of investment and staff additions these are the players we have. Even come Derby we will still only have 2-3 players back with one in Barton whos not ready.

Thought I would dump this in here, the below is good read esp the bits I have made bold

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article4927169.ece

Joe Kinnear has seen and done it all, he has dealt with a Kray as well as the “Crazy Gang”, so the reaction to that expletive-laden brush with a few sassy reporters wouldn’t faze him.

The interim manager of Newcastle United is staying in the same hotel used by both his predecessors, he has Kevin Keegan’s old room as well as his job and is having the problems that afflicted Sam Allardyce last season: stratospheric expectation levels at a club that last won the league in 1927 and subterranean patience.

Kinnear could not believe the animosity on his arrival. At his introductory press conference he was asked if he was going for his third heart attack. Taken aback by what he called “the hatred” in the room, he replied: “You’ll [expletive deleted] have one in a minute if you keep on like that.” The outburst that followed was the product of the disrespect shown to a man whose record warrants the opposite.

Kinnear was voted manager of the year by his peers after his first full season in charge at Wimbledon, 1993-94, ahead of Keegan and Alex Ferguson. The Dons had finished sixth on an average attendance of 10,474.

He kept homespun, underfunded Wimbledon in the top 10 of the Premier League in 1994-95 and a nationwide poll of fans saw him named Sky TV manager of the year for 1996-97, when the club were eighth in the league and semi-finalists in the FA and Coca-Cola Cups.

On the day of the heart attack that nearly killed him, at Hillsborough on March 3, 1999, Wimbledon were sixth, having just beaten Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham. Without him they got just two points in their last 11 matches and finished 16th. They were relegated the following season and it has been mainly downhill since.

Kinnear returned to win promotion from the fourth tier with Luton in 2001-02, only to be sacked by new owners 12 months later and after saving Nottingham Forest from relegation from the second tier in 2004 he quit when the board insisted on selling his best players against his wishes. This is the experienced campaigner whose recruitment by Newcastle was scorned by a press pack so offended by his language they printed every word, in fit-of-the-vapours horror. They would have been braver if their newspapers had done it to Sir Alex Ferguson, whose foul-mouthed rants at the press are legendary. Of course, they wouldn’t risk a ban by Manches-ter United.

We were supposed to meet for lunch at Kinnear’s plush digs in the Jesmond district of the city but by the time he had finished supervising his second training session of the day it was 3pm and food was forgotten amid a flood of reminiscence.

There was the afternoon in a Dublin pub when we had to dissuade a steaming Vinnie Jones from biting off Alan Mullery’s nose, the time Dave Mackay knocked out Terry Ven-ables during training at Spurs, John Fashanu doing likewise to Lawrie Sanchez at Wimbledon, the worrying exchange of correspondence with, and placatory gifts to, Ronnie Kray in Broad-moor after Kinnear had joked that he would be signing the infamous twins.

Two months shy of 62, Newcastle’s latest pilot looks good, but as he sits down his pockets rattle with boxes of medication for the heart trouble that has left him in constant need of blood thinning. He is reluctant to admit it, but the doubts over his health rather than his ability have deterred would-be employers. This is his last chance to convince the people who matter he is well enough to cope with the rigours of top-flight management again. He has no illusions, he was the last resort. But what is there to lose?

He’ll walk away £500,000 to the good and the least that can happen is that other potential employers will be reminded he is still around. Kinnear says: “After leaving Forest I was driven mad, hearing that people were saying, ‘He’s got a dodgy ticker, he’s got to take it easy’. It’s rubbish. Without the tablets I suffer from blood clots but I’m feeling great. I don’t mind being judged on results, but let’s forget the medical thing.”

Critics have claimed he owes the job to Dennis Wise, ex-Wimbledon, who is director of football at St James’ Park. Not true, Kinnear insists. “I got a phone call from my agent, Jonathan Barnett, who told me, ‘You can expect to hear from Mike Ashley, about Newcastle’,” he says. “Mike then belled me and said, ‘Can you come round to my house tomor-row?’ So we had a chat. He said, ‘I’ve offered the job to Terry Ven-ables and he’s blown me out. He didn’t want it unless he got a contract for a minimum of 12 months, but I won’t be here in 12 months, I’m selling up and the next people who come in might want Kevin back’.

“Ashley said, ‘The maximum number of games you’ll have is 10 and it might be less but I’ll give you a contract for 10’. Apparently they’d offered the job to every Tom, Dick and Harry before they got to me but so what? I said, ‘Okay, 10 games is fine’.

Whatever happens, it’s a great chance for me to put my name back in the frame and, if I do a good job, who knows what might be around the corner?” Appointed 48 hours before the match at home to Black-burn a fortnight ago, he intended to leave the caretaker, Chris Hughton, in control, but that plan lasted just 45 minutes. Deeply concerned by a flaccid display, he took charge at the interval, to galvanising effect.

What had he said at half-time? “I walked in and introduced myself. All the boys were very quiet and I told them, ‘You’ve shot yourselves in the foot here, but that’s behind us, it’s about what you do in the second half. Let’s get rid of the fear factor. You wouldn’t be at Newcastle if you didn’t have ability. All the fans want to see is everybody working for one another and wanting the ball. Get a goal and you can win it’.

“It was quiet for a moment, then Nicky Butt said, ‘You’re right, gaffer’. It was the first time any of them had called me gaffer. I told them, ‘I want to see a 100% improvement on the first half, I don’t ever want to see any of that crap again’. They went out and scored, dominated the game and could easily have got a result. Afterwards I said, ‘I’m delighted with that. I’ve been fighting relegation battles since I left the glory days behind as a player at Tottenham and I’ve seen enough to say we’ll be okay. We’ll get it right on the training ground, we’ll work hard, get back into good habits and we’ll get the place up and jumping again’.

“With Chris Hughton, who’s a good coach, I began by working where we needed to tighten up, defending. We did lots of sessions on stopping the danger at source, cutting out crosses going into our box, and a lot of technical stuff on when who should be where, and so forth.”

His first match officially in charge was at Everton last Sunday. “I spend probably two hours a day at the training ground, watching clips of other teams, analysing the opposition, and I told my lot, ‘They’ve got a weak link, they don’t cover the back post, they all get sucked in to the near post, we can catch them out’.”

He was right. Again Newcastle went two goals behind. The manager was down in the dressing room, preparing his half-time address, when Steven Tay-lor scored with a far-post header. Damien Duff equalised a minute after the interval. Kinnear says: “We had two cleared off the line and afterwards the team came in annoyed we hadn’t won. The attitude had gone from, ‘Oh well, another loss’ to high fives, slapping each other to salute our comeback. If I’d wanted to be negative I could have said we’d missed a great chance to win the game but I’m a positive person and I told them, ‘We’ve stopped the rot, it’s not six on the spin, I’m one game undefeated, my record’s not bad, eh?’

“When they’d stopped chuckling, I said, ‘Seriously, d’you know what I’d like to do? I want to leave this club like I am now, undefeated’.”

If old Joe stays that way, “Special K” faces a long wait before he returns to that Jesmond hotel.

Guest Heneage

Tbh the whole tirade, The guardian podcast or the ones whinging Richardson and the new guy came across as real sniveling babies I like Richardson but had it been his great Spalletti or another Italian coach hed have said nothing and as for the new guys "Well he was rude to me at Wimbledon".

Thought I would dump this in here, the below is good read esp the bits I have made bold

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article4927169.ece

Joe Kinnear has seen and done it all, he has dealt with a Kray as well as the Crazy Gang, so the reaction to that expletive-laden brush with a few sassy reporters wouldnt faze him.

The interim manager of Newcastle United is staying in the same hotel used by both his predecessors, he has Kevin Keegans old room as well as his job and is having the problems that afflicted Sam Allardyce last season: stratospheric expectation levels at a club that last won the league in 1927 and subterranean patience.

Kinnear could not believe the animosity on his arrival. At his introductory press conference he was asked if he was going for his third heart attack. Taken aback by what he called the hatred in the room, he replied: Youll [expletive deleted] have one in a minute if you keep on like that. The outburst that followed was the product of the disrespect shown to a man whose record warrants the opposite.

Kinnear was voted manager of the year by his peers after his first full season in charge at Wimbledon, 1993-94, ahead of Keegan and Alex Ferguson. The Dons had finished sixth on an average attendance of 10,474.

He kept homespun, underfunded Wimbledon in the top 10 of the Premier League in 1994-95 and a nationwide poll of fans saw him named Sky TV manager of the year for 1996-97, when the club were eighth in the league and semi-finalists in the FA and Coca-Cola Cups.

On the day of the heart attack that nearly killed him, at Hillsborough on March 3, 1999, Wimbledon were sixth, having just beaten Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham. Without him they got just two points in their last 11 matches and finished 16th. They were relegated the following season and it has been mainly downhill since.

Kinnear returned to win promotion from the fourth tier with Luton in 2001-02, only to be sacked by new owners 12 months later and after saving Nottingham Forest from relegation from the second tier in 2004 he quit when the board insisted on selling his best players against his wishes. This is the experienced campaigner whose recruitment by Newcastle was scorned by a press pack so offended by his language they printed every word, in fit-of-the-vapours horror. They would have been braver if their newspapers had done it to Sir Alex Ferguson, whose foul-mouthed rants at the press are legendary. Of course, they wouldnt risk a ban by Manches-ter United.

We were supposed to meet for lunch at Kinnears plush digs in the Jesmond district of the city but by the time he had finished supervising his second training session of the day it was 3pm and food was forgotten amid a flood of reminiscence.

There was the afternoon in a Dublin pub when we had to dissuade a steaming Vinnie Jones from biting off Alan Mullerys nose, the time Dave Mackay knocked out Terry Ven-ables during training at Spurs, John Fashanu doing likewise to Lawrie Sanchez at Wimbledon, the worrying exchange of correspondence with, and placatory gifts to, Ronnie Kray in Broad-moor after Kinnear had joked that he would be signing the infamous twins.

Two months shy of 62, Newcastles latest pilot looks good, but as he sits down his pockets rattle with boxes of medication for the heart trouble that has left him in constant need of blood thinning. He is reluctant to admit it, but the doubts over his health rather than his ability have deterred would-be employers. This is his last chance to convince the people who matter he is well enough to cope with the rigours of top-flight management again. He has no illusions, he was the last resort. But what is there to lose?

Hell walk away £500,000 to the good and the least that can happen is that other potential employers will be reminded he is still around. Kinnear says: After leaving Forest I was driven mad, hearing that people were saying, Hes got a dodgy ticker, hes got to take it easy. Its rubbish. Without the tablets I suffer from blood clots but Im feeling great. I dont mind being judged on results, but lets forget the medical thing.

Critics have claimed he owes the job to Dennis Wise, ex-Wimbledon, who is director of football at St James Park. Not true, Kinnear insists. I got a phone call from my agent, Jonathan Barnett, who told me, You can expect to hear from Mike Ashley, about Newcastle, he says. Mike then belled me and said, Can you come round to my house tomor-row? So we had a chat. He said, Ive offered the job to Terry Ven-ables and hes blown me out. He didnt want it unless he got a contract for a minimum of 12 months, but I wont be here in 12 months, Im selling up and the next people who come in might want Kevin back.

Ashley said, The maximum number of games youll have is 10 and it might be less but Ill give you a contract for 10. Apparently theyd offered the job to every Tom, Dick and Harry before they got to me but so what? I said, Okay, 10 games is fine.

Whatever happens, its a great chance for me to put my name back in the frame and, if I do a good job, who knows what might be around the corner? Appointed 48 hours before the match at home to Black-burn a fortnight ago, he intended to leave the caretaker, Chris Hughton, in control, but that plan lasted just 45 minutes. Deeply concerned by a flaccid display, he took charge at the interval, to galvanising effect.

What had he said at half-time? I walked in and introduced myself. All the boys were very quiet and I told them, Youve shot yourselves in the foot here, but thats behind us, its about what you do in the second half. Lets get rid of the fear factor. You wouldnt be at Newcastle if you didnt have ability. All the fans want to see is everybody working for one another and wanting the ball. Get a goal and you can win it.

It was quiet for a moment, then Nicky Butt said, Youre right, gaffer. It was the first time any of them had called me gaffer. I told them, I want to see a 100% improvement on the first half, I dont ever want to see any of that crap again. They went out and scored, dominated the game and could easily have got a result. Afterwards I said, Im delighted with that. Ive been fighting relegation battles since I left the glory days behind as a player at Tottenham and Ive seen enough to say well be okay. Well get it right on the training ground, well work hard, get back into good habits and well get the place up and jumping again.

With Chris Hughton, whos a good coach, I began by working where we needed to tighten up, defending. We did lots of sessions on stopping the danger at source, cutting out crosses going into our box, and a lot of technical stuff on when who should be where, and so forth.

His first match officially in charge was at Everton last Sunday. I spend probably two hours a day at the training ground, watching clips of other teams, analysing the opposition, and I told my lot, Theyve got a weak link, they dont cover the back post, they all get sucked in to the near post, we can catch them out.

He was right. Again Newcastle went two goals behind. The manager was down in the dressing room, preparing his half-time address, when Steven Tay-lor scored with a far-post header. Damien Duff equalised a minute after the interval. Kinnear says: We had two cleared off the line and afterwards the team came in annoyed we hadnt won. The attitude had gone from, Oh well, another loss to high fives, slapping each other to salute our comeback. If Id wanted to be negative I could have said wed missed a great chance to win the game but Im a positive person and I told them, Weve stopped the rot, its not six on the spin, Im one game undefeated, my records not bad, eh?

When theyd stopped chuckling, I said, Seriously, dyou know what Id like to do? I want to leave this club like I am now, undefeated.

If old Joe stays that way, Special K faces a long wait before he returns to that Jesmond hotel.

Quality.

Cant wait till he goes, his rant at the press is cringeworthy and hard to see past

Have you ever got or said anything right in your entire life?

I know everyone has different opinions, but those words are just ****.

Must be taking the **** (surely?)

Guest Stephen927

That article was good read. He isn't afraid to ruffle feathers, while at the same time he knows when to praise the players.

Best of luck to the bloke.

Guest Howaythetoon

Does anyone think Shearer would have took it, because I don't, despite the fact that HE loves the club, or so we're led to believe.

Do you seriously think Shearer has no affection or feeling whatsoever for the club? The sly digs aimed at KK and now Shearer are bang out of order and seem an increasing thing on here these days which I find pathetic to tell you the truth. I know some Liverpool fans who hold Graeme Souness in higher esteem than some of our own lot hold Shearer in and now even KK. I love how Shearer mustn't really love the club all of a sudden because he's not the manager. But Big Joe, what a man eh. We get accused of being a right set of fickle bastards and when you read comments like yours it isn't hard to see why. Shearer - the club's greatest ever goalscorer who gave the club 10 fantastic years of service saving us time and time again or taking us to the heights time and time again is viewed upon with ever more suspicion and cynicism where now people even question his love of the club. In the meantime, Big Joe eh. What a man, he must really love the club to take this job on.... unlike that bastard Shearer bloke on the telly who calls himself a Geordie. Get some fucking perspective will you and all those casting doubt on the characters of Newcastle United legends.