You won't see something like this very often

Syrette

Guest guinness_fiend

Surely it is much better to take a salary and give it to a really good cause than just save a football club a few quid?

It's not like they're suddenly going to slash ticket prices or anything, they'll just make more of a profit.

I think that a few people on here have missed the point.  He is not rewarding a charity or other third party, he wants to give back the the *fans*.

Surely it is much better to take a salary and give it to a really good cause than just save a football club a few quid?

It's not like they're suddenly going to slash ticket prices or anything, they'll just make more of a profit.

I think that a few people on here have missed the point.  He is not rewarding a charity or other third party, he wants to give back the the *fans*.

But is he actually going to help the fans in any way? Will the club cut ticket prices for the season or something? Because if not I don't see what the fans are getting out of it.

Except maybe that he stays when he would otherwise have been sold?

Should still take the money off the club and donate the lot to local charities.

there was rumour a couple of years back that a prem league forward insisted on a clause in his contract that all win and goal bonuses go to a specific childrens charity.

Alan Smith?

Awesome

It's really clever of him, isn't it? He know he never scores, so no money donated plus got to look like a really good lad.  :coolsmiley: